Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Pasts* cut Jabar Gaffney

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I'd be happy with 5-7 TD's from Lloyd this year.
    You're at least being real about it. I get the optimism it is your team. WE said the same thing of Plax last year. The reality of it is what did we really expect from a 35 year old WR that hadn't played in years. You want Lloyd to excel in the same way I want Hill and Kerley to. You may not think a lot of them and I'm OK with that. Same goes for me on Lloyd I would think. I may not think a lot about him but I don't have too. He isn't on my team so my opinion shouldn't matter at all.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i don't have low expectations, which is why i think we need a reliable vet who help Sanchez and the offense move the chains and keep drives alive.

Gaffney has averaged something like 63 catches and 850 yards his last 3 years, anyone who think the Jets couldn't use a guy like that is just not paying attention.
    Me either. Even if the offense is a complete abortion this year (which is a possibility), the defense should be good enough to keep us in games and challenge for a wild card. The defense has the potential to be 2009 season good.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Gee, great. More table scraps for us.
    Belichoke has had good luck with our table scraps.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    Me either. Even if the offense is a complete abortion this year (which is a possibility), the defense should be good enough to keep us in games and challenge for a wild card. The defense has the potential to be 2009 season good.
    I agree about the D's potential and really the offense is really just missing a good WR that can stretch the field and depth at T and TE.

Remember how poor our offense was in 2009 before we acquired Braylon? His acquisition pulled our opponents safeties out of the box and also opened up the middle of the field for Holmes and Keller. Without that proven veteran field stretcher, our offense is going to continue to suffer. Hill's not ready yet and no D's respect him.

I'd also be happy as hell if we resigned Plax just to use in the Red zone. He's the reason we led the league in Red Zone efficiency last season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe there has been no activity with Gaffney yet by any other team. At least I haven't seen or heard anything.

Could this be a case of BB releasing him temporarily while he rehabs his injury, bringing a fresh body into camp (Taylor) to take reps and evaluate him, with the understanding that Gaffney will be re-signed before the season starts?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I can't believe there has been no activity with Gaffney yet by any other team. At least I haven't seen or heard anything.

Could this be a case of BB releasing him temporarily while he rehabs his injury, bringing a fresh body into camp (Taylor) to take reps and evaluate him, with the understanding that Gaffney will be re-signed before the season starts?
    Could be similar to what the Jets did with Baker. Release the player, player clears waivers, player becomes eligible for the IR. Probably a mutual understanding that all GM's abide by in these situations.

Or he could just suck which is what I was getting at earlier.