Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Former Patriot and NFLN analyst, Heath Evans, goes nuts

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone in NY knows if you want to win a SB you can't go wrong with a Simms. After week 4 pre I bet that is what we hear. Mark isn't making any pro bowls but is easy the best we have.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Huge mistake!!!! You never go full retard!
    Lol I love that line.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Why does this bother anyone?
    It bothers me because if I wasn't lucky enough to find this board all the media hype would lend credence to itself. If virtually every news outlet was playing the same story, wouldn't you start think it must be true?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Lol I love that line.
    WHAT YOU MEAN YOU PEOPLE?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's always been horrible on NFLN. Total douche

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went full retard, went home empty handed...

Heath Evans 2012 went full retard... comes in to the segment yelling like a freakin moron, then nuzzles in to share time slobbering on Tebow's nutsack with Skip Bayless.

Tebow on Evan's comments "I know who I am. I'm the FB playin' the QB, disguised as another PPP!"

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    WHAT YOU MEAN YOU PEOPLE?
    Tremendous

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went full retard, went home empty handed...

Heath Evans 2012 went full retard... comes in to the segment yelling like a freakin moron, then nuzzles in to share time slobbering on Tebow's nutsack with Skip Bayless.

Tebow on Evan's comments "I know who I am. I'm the FB playin' the QB, disguised as another PPP!"
    AWESOME!!!1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Everyone in NY knows if you want to win a SB you can't go wrong with a Simms. After week 4 pre I bet that is what we hear. Mark isn't making any pro bowls but is easy the best we have.
    Idk. He looked pretty good to me, and that's with no practice with any of the receivers but the rookie. Give him a little space to step up in the pocket this year, and some coherent play calling, and I think he'll surprise a lot of people. Towards the end of the season, I'm predicting he's putting up probowl type games. With this D we could do some things. I still think they're having a little trouble getting this man blocking scheme down, but if they do, or switch back to zone, I think the running game will improve too. We just need to make it through the first half in decent shape. Now, can Tebow take a hand off, or catch? Maybe that's the big surprise that no one knows about.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree heat Evans is a moron... I wonder what credentials you need to get hired as analysist besides the fact that you played in the league.. Half these guys sound like morons and I'm not saying this cause they dog the jets I'm saying this cause Heath Evans as no clue.. He says this is a what have you done for me lately and established the broncos the champions of afc west cause manning had one good half of football.. The guy hasn't played in 2 years! So your what have you done lately comment doesn't make sense! Idiot!

But I do think manning and the broncos are gonna be pretty damn good if there defense is the same or better than last year

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    According to him, Mark isn't our guy and that if we want to salvage the season we need to start Tebow. Also, apparently Mark isn't a winner and Tebow is. Wat.

It's bad enough that NFLN is letting Patriots comment on the Jets, but can't they find one that is knowledgeable and actually WATCHES the games?

Video of his retardation should be on nfl.com later.
    At first I was on board with this sentiment. Mark played a halfway decent game last night.

Then I remembered it's just one game. And the Jets still haven't scored a touchdown.

Look at these numbers:
    67.8 54.2 65.5 72.2 51.1 58.3

Those are Sanchez's QB ratings for his last six games. All were losses.

Are we so desperate for a franchise QB that we think one game where we can't fault him for an interception is enough to solidify his position as the starter?

That's lame if it is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    unfortunately, NFLN is starting to resemble ESPN more and more each day.

their morning show is an embarrassment, and now it's all about the headlines and "controversial" stories.

for example, if you go to their website and go to the video page for the Jets we have:

- Panthers vs. Jets highlights -- a whopping 55 second clip

- Preseason Week 3: Tim Tebow highlights -- a two-minute clip of Tebow's worst preseason performance so far

so Tebow gets literally twice the coverage as both the Jets and Panthers
    Agreed on the NFL network.I was home from work today and had their NFL AM show on this morning.What a hunk of crap that show is.I flipped over to Mike and Mike..and I can't stand Mike and Mike.

The only thing the NFL AM show has going for it is the MILF is pretty hot.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Why does this bother anyone?
    normally it wouldn't. i think is just the constant non-stop barrage of "circus" and "tebow" and "dysfunction" for the past 6 months is starting to take its toll

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    At first I was on board with this sentiment. Mark played a halfway decent game last night.

Then I remembered it's just one game. And the Jets still haven't scored a touchdown.

Look at these numbers:

Are we so desperate for a franchise QB that we think one game where we can't fault him for an interception is enough to solidify his position as the starter?

That's lame if it is.
    Did you watch the game last night? He did more than halfway decent. He looked poised in the pocket, made great reads, and was hitting receivers in stride. He didn't have one bad throw the whole time he was in. If the receivers could have caught a cold last night he would have had over 200 yards and maybe 2 TD's in 1 half.

Anytime he gets a chance to get a little comfortable in the pocket he shows his potential. Even with all the drops Mark's at 68% completions so far in the preseason... He's going to be good this year... bet on it

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post

Look at these numbers:

That's lame if it is.
    Sanchez has been fine this preseason.

Thing that utterly destroyed Evansí sentiment is that while he thinks Mark is gonna ruin our season Tebow will save it. That is re - wait for it.............tarded

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to punch my tv after evans dopey statement. He just followed it up by saying that the cowboys should cut bryant now. This guy is such a douchebag

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    is evans for real? did he watch the game? tebow simply can not throw. it doesn't look like he's improved much either since he left college. the jets simply ran out of receivers during the game. they had quite a few opportunities to score but fell short.

the defense looked pretty darn good and howard played a good rt.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heath is the fall guy for ratings. It happens. They tell him to say something REALLY stupid that creates controversy. The station gets immediate returns in ratings, and he loses credibility. No big deal, it's been done dozens of times. that's why there's such a dearth of credibility in the media.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anytime he gets a chance to get a little comfortable in the pocket he shows his potential. Even with all the drops Mark's at 68% completions so far in the preseason... He's going to be good this year... bet on it
    Ok. I'll focus on this aspect of his performance then. Though it's really hard to forget the lack of touchdowns and the horrible pick 6.