Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cimini: Jets trade Hunter for Rams' Smith

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Cimini: Jets trade Hunter for Rams' Smith

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

Filed to ESPN: #Jets close to finalizing deal for Rams RT Jason Smith, league sources. RT Wayne Hunter part of deal. Smith, No. 2 pick '09

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    cant hurt....right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather stick with Howard.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it takes Hunter off the team I guess its ok.

Please nothing higher than a 6th rounder though.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I'd rather stick with Howard.
    same but this can't hurt. They're trading wayne for something. whatever to get him off the team

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i can't believe it's actually possible to trade Wayne Hunter.

i mean, really.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm. Idk, I'm liking AHow (copyright 2012, all rights reserved) so far.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what Smith's contract is for the Rams to take on Hunter's contract?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    same but this can't hurt. They're trading wayne for something. whatever to get him off the team
    I agree. Hunter is a black cloud. Bad things happen when he is on the field.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol if schotty is over there saying, "OH! YES! GET ME WAYNE HUNTER!"

poor poor sam bradford

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome, would love the move.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow they actually accepted hunter? That's odd

Is Smith any good?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    On July 30, 2009 the Rams agreed to terms with Smith on a six-year contract with $33 million in guarantees. The maximum value of the deal is $61 million. The sixth year is voidable, which would leave Smith with $6.6 million per year over five years.

Currently, Smith is the starting right tackle for the Rams. Though drafted as a left tackle he has been beaten out by 2010 Rams rookie Rodger Saffold.[13] As a rookie, in 2009, Smith played mostly right tackle, although he played some left tackle—the position for which he was drafted. In his rookie season Smith suffered a serious concussion November 22, 2009. "My situation was real serious," Smith related and it caused him to miss the remainder of his rookie season

Source; Wikipedia

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... anyone know anything about him? ...

... after howards performance yesterday def am leaning towards him earning the role as starter ...

... get rid of hunter please ... maybe change of scenario will help him ... but just get him away from me ...

l_j_r

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great move. Perfect talent who has underperformed and could develop behind Howard.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This guy was drafted second overall? Rams want to dump his contract because he was beat out. Lets not put Howard in the HOF after one preseason game. I would like this trade and he has this season and next left on his contract with an option for another year if we care....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I wonder what Smith's contract is for the Rams to take on Hunter's contract?
    Smith reworked his deal in the offseason:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-takes-pay-cut

St. Louis Rams offensive tackle Jason Smith has agreed to lower his salary for the 2012 season

Earlier Saturday, Mac's Football Blog reported that Smith would reduce his salary for the 2012 season from $10 million to $4 million.

The contract that Smith signed as a rookie in 2009 would have seen the Rams pay him $10 million for the 2012 season and $12 million in 2013, the website reported. In addition to the $4 million he will now make in 2012, the restructured deal includes a $500,000 roster bonus.

Smith's original contract went through the 2014 season, but that year was voidable. According to Mac's Football Blog, because the season was voided, Smith will now count for $11.035 million against the team's salary cap for the 2012 season, down from $13.3 million.

The restructuring also affected the 2013 season. Smith is now set to earn $750,000, with an $11.25 million roster bonus, according to the website, and that year can also now be voided.

The Rams made Smith the No. 2 overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, but he has played in just 26 games since. He started just six games in 2011 before going on the injured-reserve list in November.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Shotty in St. Louis will be our Mangini in Cleveland taking our garbage and sending us the good ones. He already took Mulligan's sorry ass with him AND has him starting. Poor Sam Bradford....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only the jets could find a way to trade hunter for a worse tackle...smith is horrible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depends what draft picks they give up. My understanding is that Smith has been much of a bust himself. I'd hate for the Jets to give up draft picks for a guy they are cutting in one year

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2