Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Cimini: Jets trade Hunter for Rams' Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    Manchez, in my eyes you are the poster of the day.
    HAHA Thanks

Just trying to bring some optimism to this place man!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post

So while the change of scenery MIGHT help Hunter, there is no way in hell it's going to help Smith.
    That's crazy. Hunter's a 9 year vet, been cut multiple times. He can play better in a new place, but Smith can't? LOL. Dude.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    That's crazy. Hunter's a 9 year vet, been cut multiple times. He can play better in a new place, but Smith can't? LOL. Dude.
    The straws, they are being grasped desperately.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    +1

These armchair GMs are upset the Jets got back an underperforming player. Like Hunter was going to return a sure fire starter without questions. Unbelievable.
    It's truly unbelievable

And people complain about my venom with certain posters here?

Some fans are just straight clueless.

All Pro
    Hunter had his salary guaranteed, I could be wrong but the way I understood Smith's contract, he is cut able, Smith has a $500K roster bonus but other then that,,,,,

So maybe Tanny is smarter then some think and found away to cut Turner for $500K and picked up a reclamation project at the same time.

Give Smith a week or two to show something, if he doesn't, then cut him.

“The more I went back and looked at where we are at as a football team and getting feedback from coaches and knowing the history of Wayne, the success that Wayne had basically as a sixth man, I have decided that is the way we are going to go,” Ryan said last Thursday.

ROFLMAO.........

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Hunter had his salary guaranteed, I could be wrong but the way I understood Smith's contract, he is cut able, Smith has a $500K roster bonus but other then that,,,,,

So maybe Tanny is smarter then some think and found away to cut Turner for $500K and picked up a reclamation project at the same time.

Suckers!!!!!! Tanny Tanny Tanny!!!!

If you had told me the Jets could trade Hunter for anything at all, I would have said you were crazy. Smith is a former #2 pick and while I wouldn't count on him to turn it around, the possibility is still there. Hopefully Howard holds onto the starting job anyway.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jets-ac...8075--nfl.html

"The Rams suddenly have a plethora of former Jets, including Hunter, offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, quarterback Kellen Clemens, offensive lineman Robert Turner, tight end Matthew Mulligan and defensive end Vernon Gholston, New York's first-round pick in 2008."

Wow, what's the saying? "One man's trash is another man's treasure?" I think St. Louis is taking it way too literally.

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Because we took someone who in his eyes was a worse value than Hunter. This isn't rocket science.

You're slow.
    And they took someone who, in the Jets' eyes, was a worse value than Smith.

Regardless, we got rid of a guy who certainly tried hard, but nobody would disagree that his time here was probably up. Making the argument that Hunter has a greater chance of improving in a new environment than Smith is just wrong.

But of course we're Jets fans, so everyone else is always 100% correct and any trade or transaction we make is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Wow....now we have Jets fans that were screaming for Hunters ouster, screaming we traded him for a former #2 overall pick?

I don't get it....the $1.5 million is nothing if the change of scenery turns this guy around.

Most definitely a gamble worth taking
    plus he's probably better than hunter and we didn't have to trade any picks

All League
    I honestly think this trade is worth it. Hunter would be gone anyway next year. He isn't starting this year.

There is only upside to this. Obviously the guy has "some" talent. He went number 2 overall. If it works then it's genious, if it fails then its no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post

if that's true, then that's an awesome deal

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    This is pretty bad.

Oh well.

We got rid of Hunter!!!!!!!
    Wasn't even a blitz.

4 first rounders on the OL...whatup

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    4 first rounders on the OL...whatup
    The entire team is littered with first rounders. Just goes to show u that it's not an exact science.

Over/Under 5 sacks allowed by Hunter the first game he plays in St. Louis

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Over/Under 5 sacks allowed by Hunter the first game he plays in St. Louis
    5 is a little high, but Its gonna be damn close

Stop counting another mans money...its very unbecoming. $1.55 million is nothing in the grand scheme of things for this year. Even with additions through the waiver wire, that $1.55 means little.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    5 is a little high, but Its gonna be damn close
    I got faith in my boy, doe. Hunter will get that 5 EASY!

YES HE CAN!