Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Tanny is willing to trade Hunter why not Bart Scott or Shonn Greene

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Stewart, you mean the guy who, in the midst of trade rumors, was signed to a new five-year extension, and left the stadium last night on crutches?
    hey, that probably means he can be had for cheap!

make it happen, Tanny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Schotty only works for one team
    /thread

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    These guys are both just as inconsistent and both as useless. Lets get Stewart from the Panthers for a pick, trade Greene to anyone for a 6th, and there's plenty of teams who would gamble on Scott as an inside linebacker especially 3-4 defenses who could put solid cover linebackers around him.
    This post is just stupid.

Scott might not be the player he once was, but he's still solid vs. the run and can blitz. Plus, he's a team leader. Jets need as many of those as possible now.

And maybe Greene isn't flashy or the big home run hitter, but he is an inexpensive back who ran for 4.5 ypc and 80 ypg over the last 12 games (not counting Denver when he left early in Q1 after 3 carries) and didn't lose a fumble the whole season. Do you know how many backs can say that from a season ago?
    Last edited by BamaJets; 08-28-2012 at 03:56 AM.

They aren't detrimental to Sanchez's health.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Tanny deserves a medal for finding someone to trade for hunter
    Tanny deserves a medal for picking up the phone?

It was the Rams who intiated the trade.

I'm not a huge fan of Greene at all but he's still better than Hunter.

Bart is a positive player for this team as well and I have no idea why a few people really don't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    These guys are both just as inconsistent and both as useless. Lets get Stewart from the Panthers for a pick, trade Greene to anyone for a 6th, and there's plenty of teams who would gamble on Scott as an inside linebacker especially 3-4 defenses who could put solid cover linebackers around him.
    Sure if you want to trade scott for another LB with issues that is getting paid 30% more in guaranteed money, I am sure another gm will be glad to unload the salary.

Scott has been making a lot of plays this preseason. No one would take on his contract anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    Scott is effectively in a contract year so along with Pace I expect them to put their best foot forward this season.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Scott is effectively in a contract year so along with Pace I expect them to put their best foot forward this season.
    I think that's true...and both will be gone next year

Quote Originally Posted by villain_the_foe View Post
    Scott is having a pretty damn good "consistent" preseason.
    Bart still can't drop back and cover.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

How about we don't trade away any more picks trying to win the Super Bowl every year and build through the draft. We couldn't fill the whole roster with all pros in one off season.

All League
    Fan Fantasy Trades are always the best threads. Stewart just signed a big deal last week and Carolina made it clear they're building around him, DeAngelo, and Cam. They couldn't trade him and his cap hit even if they wanted.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Tanny deserves a medal for picking up the phone?

It was the Rams who intiated the trade.
    Blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time

All League
    HUH?

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Scott has been making a lot of plays this preseason. No one would take on his contract anyway.
    Dude we got rid of Wayne Hunter lol ... Did you see his contract? If you can trade Wayne freaking Hunter anything is possible. Plenty of teams would take Bart in a contract year if they are trying to have him school a young stud at the inside position in a 3-4 defense ... I'm just saying, I've seen a hell of a lot worse. Greene might be harder to trade but if you can get a solid ... why not? I'd unload Greene in a heartbeat. The dude makes our offense worse not better. He's terrible at cut back runs and he's got the worst thing in football ... a coach that believes he's something that he isn't.

exactly, WHY tf is Scott still on this team

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Please. Shonn Greene is an ok back we haven't had a decent O-line and a blocking TE who could seal the edge since 2010.
    With the right blockers, I could be a successful running back. Leave Greene alone.

there was a twitter rumor that Wayne Hunter had to be restrained by Vlad after the game from going after fans? if true that's a huge difference between him and Bart Scott/Shonn Greene.