Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: If Tanny is willing to trade Hunter why not Bart Scott or Shonn Greene

  1. #1

    If Tanny is willing to trade Hunter why not Bart Scott or Shonn Greene

    These guys are both just as inconsistent and both as useless. Lets get Stewart from the Panthers for a pick, trade Greene to anyone for a 6th, and there's plenty of teams who would gamble on Scott as an inside linebacker especially 3-4 defenses who could put solid cover linebackers around him.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,874
    :singing: it takes two to tango

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,593
    I have this feeling his willing to trade anybody. As long a it's good for the jets.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    These guys are both just as inconsistent and both as useless. Lets get Stewart from the Panthers for a pick, trade Greene to anyone for a 6th, and there's plenty of teams who would gamble on Scott as an inside linebacker especially 3-4 defenses who could put solid cover linebackers around him.
    Schotty only works for one team

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Schotty only works for one team
    Haha the best answer

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,560
    Stewart, you mean the guy who, in the midst of trade rumors, was signed to a new five-year extension, and left the stadium last night on crutches?

    I'm as down on Greene as you are, but let's try to be a little bit realistic here.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,392
    There is a big difference between hunter and the two players you mentioned. If you can't tell the difference that's the reason you aren't a gm.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    There is a big difference between hunter and the two players you mentioned. If you can't tell the difference that's the reason you aren't a gm.
    I guess I could never be a GM

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    I guess I could never be a GM
    My guess is it would be easier to trade the other 2. Tanny deserves a medal for finding someone to trade for hunter

  10. #10
    You could trade Greene. Scott has got to be close to untradeable.

    I wouldn't trade either, and I'm no Greene fan.

  11. #11
    Uh... cuz Scott and Greene are going to be contributors to this team while Hunter was going to ride the bench all season?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    My guess is it would be easier to trade the other 2. Tanny deserves a medal for finding someone to trade for hunter
    Tanny didn't find anybody. It was the Rams that called Tanny for a trade.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    You could trade Greene. Scott has got to be close to untradeable.

    I wouldn't trade either, and I'm no Greene fan.
    How on Earth are we trading Shonn Greene? He's by far the best back on our roster and that includes Tim TeaParty.

  14. #14
    Because no one offered to trade their trash for a piece of our trash with equal or greater stench.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Because no one offered to trade their trash for a piece of our trash with equal or greater stench.
    Scott is expensive and Greene is our only better than avg RB who happens to be cheap.

  16. #16
    Greene being better then average? Not by much, and you can tell in our offense. Guy is so meh.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Greene being better then average? Not by much, and you can tell in our offense. Guy is so meh.
    Please. Shonn Greene is an ok back we haven't had a decent O-line and a blocking TE who could seal the edge since 2010.

  18. #18
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    staten island
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    My guess is it would be easier to trade the other 2. Tanny deserves a medal for finding someone to trade for hunter
    Rams were said to have contacted the Jets, I don't know who would want a bum like Hunter but I guess they wanted to unload Smith's contract and they knew the Jets were willing to take any RT with potential.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    These guys are both just as inconsistent and both as useless. Lets get Stewart from the Panthers for a pick, trade Greene to anyone for a 6th, and there's plenty of teams who would gamble on Scott as an inside linebacker especially 3-4 defenses who could put solid cover linebackers around him.
    Not a giant Scott fan anymore, but he can still eff ****e up on a run and he's still an awesome blitzer. For his guaranteed salary and what he can still do, I'm fine with him still on the team.

    Greene sucks, no doubt. I'd only trade him if we acquire another back via trade or cuts, however. Really wish Powell or McKnight could establish himself.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    These guys are both just as inconsistent and both as useless. Lets get Stewart from the Panthers for a pick, trade Greene to anyone for a 6th, and there's plenty of teams who would gamble on Scott as an inside linebacker especially 3-4 defenses who could put solid cover linebackers around him.
    Scott is having a pretty damn good "consistent" preseason.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us