Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's talk opening day: Ryan Fitzpatrick

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post

No way we beat this team, They have Mario, and Fitzy is a much better QB than Sanchez.
    Pretty much sums it up right there.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Pretty much sums it up right there.
    Go away, troll.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    The obvious big improvement on the Bills is their DL. That can cause the Jets less then dominant OL some problems. Though overall, Shonn Greene and the Jets have been able to effectively run the ball on the Bills in the past. And I still think they will be effective enough to allow Sanchez to use his play action magic, to connect vertically down the field. Especially if Keller is healthy and playing.

The Bills won't be running very effectively against this Jets D.

Jets DL and blitz sub packages will cause Fitz some really big problems. I see Jets winning the turnover battle. He's going to get picked off by Jets secondary once or twice for sure.

Landry and Bell should be able to do a good job policing the middle of the field.

IMO, Jets can score 23-24 points and win this game.
    At home, the opening game the jets will be pumped, this will be the 1st time
    that whatever they have planned for Tebow will be unveiled.

I think the bills are going to attack the jets with a lot of screens and draws to try to take advantage of young jets Dline and slower olbs.

I think the jets may be hard pressed to score 23 or 24 points though.

As bad as everybody thinks the Jets offense is going to be. I believe the Jets defense is going to be nasty. This defense is going to be better than 09.

Fitz is a dead man walking.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

I think the bills are going to attack the jets with a lot of screens and draws to try to take advantage of young jets Dline and slower olbs.

Landry and Bell are smart talented safeties, that will be able to sniff out screens/draws, and hold them to minimal damage. Maybe bills get away with it once...if at all.

Now the speedy Demario Davis missed some TC reps due to a hamstring injury. So i don't know how much, or what role, he will play against the Bills. But this guy is a smart aggressive player, that Rex has big plans for in various sub packages this season.

Don't under estimate the quickness and pursuit ability of young athletic studs like Wilkerson, Kenrick and Coples. Though I do admit that their overall inexperience can lead them to get schooled a bit in this first game. But I don't anticipate this to be a whole game problem. Not with vets like Pouha and DeVito expected to be fully healthy, and out there with the younger players.

And don't count on a good schooling being the case, when Jets play the Pats later on in the season. The more reps and experience this bunch gets...the more Beastie they're going to become.

I do expect this defense to put the Jets offense in good field position on more then one or two occasions. If not outright score themselves some points on D.

Yep...all the better teams might be vulnerable to an upset in a season's opening game...including the Pats.

I'm saying 23-13 Jets.

We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    As bad as everybody thinks the Jets offense is going to be. I believe the Jets defense is going to be nasty. This defense is going to be better than 09.

Fitz is a dead man walking.
    Well that's exactly the problem. The defense is going to give the offense plenty of chances.

It's just up to the offense to to actually ya know, catch the ball, and score points. Instead they often like to enjoy a 6-3 lead and hope the defense shuts them out for the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Well that's exactly the problem. The defense is going to give the offense plenty of chances.

It's just up to the offense to to actually ya know, catch the ball, and score points. Instead they often like to enjoy a 6-3 lead and hope the defense shuts them out for the rest of the game.
    If that's how it's gotta be, than this defense can definitely carry the Jets to the playoffs. I think the key is Landry staying healthy. I've never followed his career in Washington but he's an absolute beast.

Fitz is going to have plenty trouble with this defense.

If that's how it's gotta be, than this defense can definitely carry the Jets to the playoffs. I think the key is Landry staying healthy. I've never followed his career in Washington but he's an absolute beast.

Landry’s issue seems to be health. If he can stay health, we're set at safety with him and Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

Landry (and bell), ellis, and coples should drastically help our screen defense which has been awful the past couple years

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    This pre-season:

Can we contain the Buffalo offense? Related to Fitzpatrick is the success Stevie Johnson had over Revis last season. I want to win this game in the worst way.

If our offense can wake up, I think Buffalo's offense (and Buffalo in general) is in for a re-definition of the word "daaaaaaaamn".
    I predict a 13-9 type of game ...... Who knows maybe our offense will wake up like you suggest and we kick 4 field goals instead of 3, anything is possible.

The formula for many heart attacks this season. Crap..

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    The formula for many heart attacks this season. Crap..
    What else is new?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I am a tad worried that the Bills spread offense will put our older slower linebackers in quite a few unfavorable matches. I still like us over all, but this will definitely have to be an area for the defense to try and scheme against.
    Spread offenses work well getting LBs in space, the only problem is they leave your QB opened to get killed, especially vs a Rex Ryan 46 type D.
    You might get 1 play but it will cost you with a big hit on the QB.

The other factor in this game is Revis! This is payback time for Little Stevie Johnson! I think Revis was dealing with a slight hamstring pull last year.

The other factor
    Pressure up the middle, Jets got no pass rush that 2nd game last year,
    Ellis & Coples will change that!
    Landry is pretty intimidating over the middle & I look at the Bills as a finesse offense.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I really need to see this team score a TD before I can assume they are going to score 20+ points.

Lets not forget we have been a terrible first quarter and first half offense the past couple of years. Hopefully Sparano changes things.

The Johnson/Revis thing was completely overblown. Revis played off almost the entire game. That was the game plan. We had nobody else on that third of the field. I am not worried about Stevie Johnson. What I am worried about is the middle of the field and TEs v. our LBs and safeties. I worry about Jackson coming out of the backfield. We did a good job containing him last year. I also worry about Wilson in the slot. That is where teams are going to hurt us.

It will be interesting to see how/if their quick short passing attack matches up against our pass rush. Will it neutralize it, or will we disrupt the timing?

Jets 17 Bills 13
    Bingo. That's exactly why we haven't scored. We usually get better as the game goes on but that isn't possible in the preseason because the starters are taken out!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    13-16 points may win this game for the Jets. The defense is going to wreck Fitz and the Bills offense.

CAN'T WAIT!!
    first TD takes all

Fitzpatrick is just about the most overrated player in the NFL today.

he was good for the first 5-6 games last year and then his play kept getting progressively worse as the season went on.

he's 0-4 as a starter against Rex Ryan's Jets, i don't see any reason why that will change in the next two weeks.

the Bills -- f*ck 'em