Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: We've drafted poorly on offense ...

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,503
    Post Thanks / Like

    We've drafted poorly on offense ...

    This is the main reason our offense is bad. We did well with beefing up the line a couple of years ago but we don't have any real game changers on offense in the skill positions. For the most part .... its been a fail. Who was the last above average receiver we've drafted? I mean I'm drawing a blank here ... Cotch? It's ridiculous.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    This is the main reason our offense is bad. We did well with beefing up the line a couple of years ago but we don't have any real game changers on offense in the skill positions. For the most part .... its been a fail. Who was the last above average receiver we've drafted? I mean I'm drawing a blank here ... Cotch? It's ridiculous.
    it's not that they've drafted poorly. they haven't spent high draft picks on offensive skilled positions, though they did trade for braylon and holmes.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Riveting analysis!

    Tell us about your theory on smoking being bad for us!

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it's not that they've drafted poorly. they haven't spent high draft picks on offensive skilled positions, though they did trade for braylon and holmes.
    The trades were straight... Holmes, Braylon ... cool. I'm talking from an offensive draft perspective. Sanchez was picked 5 ... is that not high? Plenty of teams have starters on offense that weren't 1st rounders. We've drafted real poor for the most part on offense. Its been REAL bad dude ... look at the last 4 to 5 years ...

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,889
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know people are tired of hearing it but if we had Braylon on this team right now, with Hill/Kerley/White, we'd have a much better outlook on the receiving corp this season... He's beasting in Seattle...

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    The trades were straight... Holmes, Braylon ... cool. I'm talking from an offensive draft perspective. Sanchez was picked 5 ... is that not high? Plenty of teams have starters on offense that weren't 1st rounders. We've drafted real poor for the most part on offense. Its been REAL bad dude ... look at the last 4 to 5 years ...
    but most teams have taken offensive skill positions in the first and second rounds in the past few drafts and some teams, way more than the jets. while the giants are drafting nicks and wilson and the falcons take julio jones and the bengals take a wr, etc, the jets have gone defense in the first round the past 3 yrs, and only this year did they take one in the 2nd round. the rbs the jets are taking in the middle rounds are average, which is consistent with their draft position.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whether it's RB, TE, or another WR...the Jets need to add another skill position player in the first 2 rounds of next years draft.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Whether it's RB, TE, or another WR...the Jets need to add another skill position player in the first 2 rounds of next years draft.
    and a tackle.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    566
    Post Thanks / Like
    20/20 proves one thing for sure with this org... NOT ONE person from Tannenbaum down has displayed any ability at all in running an offense, drafting, strategy, whatever. #CantWait

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I know people are tired of hearing it but if we had Braylon on this team right now, with Hill/Kerley/White, we'd have a much better outlook on the receiving corp this season... He's beasting in Seattle...
    This team just needs a playmaker of any kind. A big sure handed WR, dominant RB, or versatile TE.

    Jets have none of that. They don't have anyone for the defense to focus on. Put someone like Fitzgerald on this team and we'd be hard to beat. Yes, that's with Sanchez at QB.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is still young
    We drafted Hill & White, both of whom can grow with Mark
    Last year we drafted Kerley who played well for a rookie
    Say what you will about Holmes, he was right last year & his anger over Hunters total ineptitude was KILLING any chance Mark had of throwing the ball!

    Holmes said what EVERY SINGLE NY JET FAN in the world wanted to say!
    Hunter being gone is a HUGE change for the mentallity of this entire team!
    That dude brought bad Karma on the Jets because he was so unsure of himself & insecure as hell knowing he was playing horribly, even finally admitting it.

    Jets should try to trade for Harvin, that would really solidify the skill guys & allow the Jets to go BPA next year again.
    We are going to definitely need another OLB next year.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,425
    Post Thanks / Like
    drafting Kyle Wilson in the 1st round was clearly a mistake in hindsight. If they are committed to Revis and Cro on the outside then a medicore slot guy could've been had on the inside without giving up a 1st rounder.

    We could've had Jahvid Best, Gronkowski, Gerhart.....all possible contributers on offense

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    7,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Sanchez is still young
    We drafted Hill & White, both of whom can grow with Mark
    Last year we drafted Kerley who played well for a rookie
    Say what you will about Holmes, he was right last year & his anger over Hunters total ineptitude was KILLING any chance Mark had of throwing the ball!

    Holmes said what EVERY SINGLE NY JET FAN in the world wanted to say!
    Hunter being gone is a HUGE change for the mentallity of this entire team!
    That dude brought bad Karma on the Jets because he was so unsure of himself & insecure as hell knowing he was playing horribly, even finally admitting it.

    Jets should try to trade for Harvin, that would really solidify the skill guys & allow the Jets to go BPA next year again.
    We are going to definitely need another OLB next year.
    With "Concussion Smith" and "Headcase Holmes" you want to add "Migraine Harvin?" You must be a neurologist!

  14. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    566
    Post Thanks / Like
    no pun again but i really can't wait to see how they plan to use timmy

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    With "Concussion Smith" and "Headcase Holmes" you want to add "Migraine Harvin?" You must be a neurologist!
    I think Holmes is nuts, BUT, most good wideouts are a little kookie in this league.
    Holmes got frustated running routes, and even dummy routes to turn around & see Mark on his back, or Greene being tackled BTHLOS.

    This offense HATED SHOTTY!
    Rex said he didn't know the extent of what was going on, so he had a heart to heart with the offense.
    I guarantee you that was the "theme", screw what LT was blabbing about, it's like people forget that Rivers & the rest of the Chargers couldn't wait to get his talkative azz out of San Diego.

    You can already see Mark looking more downfield in that Panthers game.
    I don't know what the offense will look like in the 1st game vs the Bills, but I will venture to say that they will find more rhythm then they had with wait till the clock is down to 1 second Shoddy.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    drafting Kyle Wilson in the 1st round was clearly a mistake in hindsight. If they are committed to Revis and Cro on the outside then a medicore slot guy could've been had on the inside without giving up a 1st rounder.

    We could've had Jahvid Best, Gronkowski, Gerhart.....all possible contributers on offense
    yeah the wilson pick turned out to be poor value. I think the FO feeling was he would replace cromartie, instead he turned out to be an average nickel back.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us