Thread: We've drafted poorly on offense ...

We've drafted poorly on offense ...

This is the main reason our offense is bad. We did well with beefing up the line a couple of years ago but we don't have any real game changers on offense in the skill positions. For the most part .... its been a fail. Who was the last above average receiver we've drafted? I mean I'm drawing a blank here ... Cotch? It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    This is the main reason our offense is bad. We did well with beefing up the line a couple of years ago but we don't have any real game changers on offense in the skill positions. For the most part .... its been a fail. Who was the last above average receiver we've drafted? I mean I'm drawing a blank here ... Cotch? It's ridiculous.
    it's not that they've drafted poorly. they haven't spent high draft picks on offensive skilled positions, though they did trade for braylon and holmes.

Riveting analysis!

Tell us about your theory on smoking being bad for us!

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it's not that they've drafted poorly. they haven't spent high draft picks on offensive skilled positions, though they did trade for braylon and holmes.
    The trades were straight... Holmes, Braylon ... cool. I'm talking from an offensive draft perspective. Sanchez was picked 5 ... is that not high? Plenty of teams have starters on offense that weren't 1st rounders. We've drafted real poor for the most part on offense. Its been REAL bad dude ... look at the last 4 to 5 years ...

I know people are tired of hearing it but if we had Braylon on this team right now, with Hill/Kerley/White, we'd have a much better outlook on the receiving corp this season... He's beasting in Seattle...

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    The trades were straight... Holmes, Braylon ... cool. I'm talking from an offensive draft perspective. Sanchez was picked 5 ... is that not high? Plenty of teams have starters on offense that weren't 1st rounders. We've drafted real poor for the most part on offense. Its been REAL bad dude ... look at the last 4 to 5 years ...
    but most teams have taken offensive skill positions in the first and second rounds in the past few drafts and some teams, way more than the jets. while the giants are drafting nicks and wilson and the falcons take julio jones and the bengals take a wr, etc, the jets have gone defense in the first round the past 3 yrs, and only this year did they take one in the 2nd round. the rbs the jets are taking in the middle rounds are average, which is consistent with their draft position.

All League
    Whether it's RB, TE, or another WR...the Jets need to add another skill position player in the first 2 rounds of next years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Whether it's RB, TE, or another WR...the Jets need to add another skill position player in the first 2 rounds of next years draft.
    and a tackle.

20/20 proves one thing for sure with this org... NOT ONE person from Tannenbaum down has displayed any ability at all in running an offense, drafting, strategy, whatever. #CantWait

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I know people are tired of hearing it but if we had Braylon on this team right now, with Hill/Kerley/White, we'd have a much better outlook on the receiving corp this season... He's beasting in Seattle...
    This team just needs a playmaker of any kind. A big sure handed WR, dominant RB, or versatile TE.

Jets have none of that. They don't have anyone for the defense to focus on. Put someone like Fitzgerald on this team and we'd be hard to beat. Yes, that's with Sanchez at QB.

Sanchez is still young
    We drafted Hill & White, both of whom can grow with Mark
    Last year we drafted Kerley who played well for a rookie
    Say what you will about Holmes, he was right last year & his anger over Hunters total ineptitude was KILLING any chance Mark had of throwing the ball!

Holmes said what EVERY SINGLE NY JET FAN in the world wanted to say!
    Hunter being gone is a HUGE change for the mentallity of this entire team!
    That dude brought bad Karma on the Jets because he was so unsure of himself & insecure as hell knowing he was playing horribly, even finally admitting it.

Jets should try to trade for Harvin, that would really solidify the skill guys & allow the Jets to go BPA next year again.
    We are going to definitely need another OLB next year.

drafting Kyle Wilson in the 1st round was clearly a mistake in hindsight. If they are committed to Revis and Cro on the outside then a medicore slot guy could've been had on the inside without giving up a 1st rounder.

We could've had Jahvid Best, Gronkowski, Gerhart.....all possible contributers on offense

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Sanchez is still young
    We drafted Hill & White, both of whom can grow with Mark
    Last year we drafted Kerley who played well for a rookie
    Say what you will about Holmes, he was right last year & his anger over Hunters total ineptitude was KILLING any chance Mark had of throwing the ball!

Holmes said what EVERY SINGLE NY JET FAN in the world wanted to say!
    Hunter being gone is a HUGE change for the mentallity of this entire team!
    That dude brought bad Karma on the Jets because he was so unsure of himself & insecure as hell knowing he was playing horribly, even finally admitting it.

Jets should try to trade for Harvin, that would really solidify the skill guys & allow the Jets to go BPA next year again.
    We are going to definitely need another OLB next year.
    With "Concussion Smith" and "Headcase Holmes" you want to add "Migraine Harvin?" You must be a neurologist!

no pun again but i really can't wait to see how they plan to use timmy

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    With "Concussion Smith" and "Headcase Holmes" you want to add "Migraine Harvin?" You must be a neurologist!
    I think Holmes is nuts, BUT, most good wideouts are a little kookie in this league.
    Holmes got frustated running routes, and even dummy routes to turn around & see Mark on his back, or Greene being tackled BTHLOS.

This offense HATED SHOTTY!
    Rex said he didn't know the extent of what was going on, so he had a heart to heart with the offense.
    I guarantee you that was the "theme", screw what LT was blabbing about, it's like people forget that Rivers & the rest of the Chargers couldn't wait to get his talkative azz out of San Diego.

You can already see Mark looking more downfield in that Panthers game.
    I don't know what the offense will look like in the 1st game vs the Bills, but I will venture to say that they will find more rhythm then they had with wait till the clock is down to 1 second Shoddy.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    drafting Kyle Wilson in the 1st round was clearly a mistake in hindsight. If they are committed to Revis and Cro on the outside then a medicore slot guy could've been had on the inside without giving up a 1st rounder.

We could've had Jahvid Best, Gronkowski, Gerhart.....all possible contributers on offense
    yeah the wilson pick turned out to be poor value. I think the FO feeling was he would replace cromartie, instead he turned out to be an average nickel back.