Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama Says FEMA in Louisiana for Over a Week for Isaac?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Maybe we can just skip this, and get right to the thread where you tell us how awesome a job he did protecting N.O., and how much better it was than Bush.
    Swing and a miss. Obama has sucked at saving N.O.

He probably did it on purpose to throw us off.

Jindal Already Slamming Obama Storm Aid
    HE DEMANDS 'FULL FED ASSISTANCE' IN LETTER

Even before Hurricane Isaac made landfall in Louisiana yesterday, GOP Gov. Bobby Jindal was slamming President Obama over storm aid. Amounts to be provided are inadequate to cover expected damage, complained Jindal, who has attacked the president in the past for excessive federal spending, reports Bloomberg. Jindal has already sent a letter of complaint to Obama, telling reporters: “You can’t wait, you have to push the federal bureaucracy."

Isaac requires “extraordinary emergency protective measures” and “full federal assistance for the state," Jindal wrote in the letter. The president’s emergency declaration doesn’t provide for reimbursement of state expenses, only for “direct federal assistance,” he added. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said the intent of Obama's emergency declaration for the state was to get federal aid out immediately. “We’ll continue to work with state officials to provide any unmet needs,” he said.

http://www.newser.com/story/153023/j...storm-aid.html

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Post-Katrina, any sitting President would have to be a moron not to be overly cautious. And during a campaign for re-election? Pfft.

This is not the place I'd be complaining about this administration overspending.
    Thanks Isi, for at least replying honestly and on-topic.

I agree. If FEMA was indeed sent to LA/MS/AL "more than a week" before, when the strom wasn't even a named storm, was just off the coast of Africa, and had no track specificity as yet, as Obama said, then yes, it's a clear-cut CYA/overly cautious reaction in the election-year post-Katrina era.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were fixing the levy that broke last night.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    "more than a week" before, when the strom wasn't even a named storm, was just off the coast of Africa, and had no track specificity as yet, as Obama said, then yes, it's a clear-cut CYA/overly cautious reaction in the election-year post-Katrina era.
    Disagree on that, there's plenty of evidence that there was concern it would hit the gulf made public slightly more than a week earlier - some in this very thread. I would further assume that the gubbermint may have had that info before it was made public.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Disagree on that, there's plenty of evidence that there was concern it would hit the gulf made public slightly more than a week earlier - some in this very thread. I would further assume that the gubbermint may have had that info before it was made public.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    If "There is a potential storm #5, it just formed, it's a few feet off the coast of Africa right now, and it could go anywhere, including....." is "evidence" of specific danger to LA, and warrants FEMA mobilization to LA, so be it. Who am I to disagree with the unified (R) & (D) contingent in this thread.

At least we've finally found consensus between the parties, and that consensus is that President Obama can predict the future paths of storms before they form. Cool. Maybe he's on to something about this whole Man-caused climate-change thing...

In any event, lets get back to the truly vital topics of the day like if the RNC has enough minorities represented and how Democrats feel about it and if Ms. Romney has a right or not to speak for working women...pander, pander, pander the live long day. Sure could use more talk on THAT stuff...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If "There is a potential storm #5, it just formed, it's a few feet off the coast of Africa right now, and it could go anywhere, including.....
    On August 20th, Isaac was just east of the Lesser Antilles...not "a few feet off the coast of Africa" as you have been stating in this entire thread.

Shall I grab you a map to show you that spatial difference between the Eastern Caribbean and the West coast of Africa?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    On August 20th, Isaac was just east of the Lesser Antilles...not "a few feet off the coast of Africa" as you have been stating in this entire thread.

Shall I grab you a map to show you that spatial difference between the Eastern Caribbean and the West coast of Africa?
    Why would you? Clearly a storm without any form of accurate track is clearly reason to mobilize FEMA in Maine, Oregon and Alaska.

Just in case and all.

I freely admit that I am in the wrong here. Only a fool would not have FEMA active in N.O. and on alert with a storm somewhere on planet earth...and moving.

I consider this issue resolved.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    And now that it actually hit Louisiana, can we just let this go?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I freely admit that I am in the wrong here. Only a fool would not have FEMA active in N.O. and on alert with a storm somewhere on planet earth...and moving.
    It seems they should've sent 2 FEMA's there since the place got clobbered.