Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Braylon likes WIlson better than Sanchez

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    When the Jets play the Seahawks, Wilson will be running for his life.

Good luck, Braylon, except when we play you.
    MORE & MORE PRESEASON HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My god, just go back in the last 10 years & look at what rookie Qbs did in their 1st years in the NFL.
    Hey, Wilson might turn out to be an excellent QB but anybody that thinks he's gonna come in & light it up like Cam Newton is in for a rude awakening!
    Jets had the next Joe Namath is preseason.............remember him,
    His name was Browning Nagle,lol!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    Yes most people like to ignore this fact. Give Sanchez an O-line and he will impress imo.
    That is imaginative and to the point! May I ask a question? Wouldn't most NFL QBs impress with a good OL in front of them? Most QBs that get time to throw , do well. Sanchex had time to throw during his first two seasons. We win any SBs? Thats what he gets paid to do! He does not need any excuses! The guy is a perfectionist and will do what it takes to be an efficient QB. I just think he will never be among the great QBs due to accuracy problems no matter how much time he is given by the OL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Sanchez threw 12 td passes and 20 picks in his 1st season. Of course edwards thinks wilson can do better then that. Those numbers are horrendous.
    Agreed and he had a very OL in front of him!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate websites that don't list the Author of the article. It's so bleacher report-ish, IMO.

And, the fact that it's STUPID doesn't help.

I mean to echo everyone else's sentiments : WHAT THE FUK IS BRAYLON SUPPOSED TO SAY? THAT WILSON SUCKS? THAT HE MISSES SANCHEZ?

I'm sure *THAT* would go over well in the Hawks locker-room.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    Wilson looks better than Sanchez for one obvious reason.. Sanchez had 1 year of college experience.

/End
    Right now Wilson looks better than Sanchez who has 3 years of nfl experience. I bet you a whole dollar that Wilson will have better stats than Sanchez, so will Luck,rg3,tannehill. There will be at least 25 other QB's with better stats than Sanchez by thend of he season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    When the Jets play the Seahawks, Wilson will be running for his life.

Good luck, Braylon, except when we play you.
    Same here.

This is all premised on a pre-season game? And I thought SOJF's were irrational. Mark is a proven commodity his post-season record as a greenhorn proves it. Wilson will be cannon fodder for the Jets D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    what the hell is he supposed to say? he has a new QB. he's moved on, can't jets fans move on from braylon?
    THIS. And.....

Wilson has not thrown a pass in the NFL..... Braylon is a mercenary.

Let's move on and it's the attitude of Braylon that caused management to shy away from him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Seahawks are signing Braylon's checks.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone really think he would possibly say the guy throwing him the ball now isnt as good as Sanchez? If the Jets were to trade for Leon Washington (who is currently being shopped by the Hawks) and ask him is Wilson is better than Sanchez, he will say his new QB (Sanchez) is better.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    Wilson looks better than Sanchez for one obvious reason.. Sanchez had 1 year of college experience.

/End
    Sounds like the same old argument some people threw around when comparing Sanchez vs Henne.

I won't be surprised if this kid turned out better than Sanchez, he looks very good, while we've probably seen the best of Sanchez.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Right now Wilson looks better than Sanchez who has 3 years of nfl experience. I bet you a whole dollar that Wilson will have better stats than Sanchez, so will Luck,rg3,tannehill. There will be at least 25 other QB's with better stats than Sanchez by thend of he season.

Wow...... the same broken record, playing the same nonsensical lyrics.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait until Wilson bombs. Dude is so overrated.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez sucked his rookiw year so you woukd hope you see more from Wilson. Two things about Wilson, though, hes only 5'11" and he'll turn 24 during the season so hes a little bit older rookie.*

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    Yes most people like to ignore this fact. Give Sanchez an O-line and he will impress imo.
    Yeah, just like others choose to ignore the fact that one year college starters never make it in the NFL.

To each his own.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Can't wait until Wilson bombs. Dude is so overrated.
    We dont know that. He is a kid with a lot of upside. He has talent, leadership skills and is also very humble.

He could be a bust, or lead his team to a championship. Its too early to tell. One thing for sure, the Hawks have a damn good defense which worries me when the Jets offense takes the field at Century Link.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Did anyone really think he would possibly say the guy throwing him the ball now isnt as good as Sanchez? If the Jets were to trade for Leon Washington (who is currently being shopped by the Hawks) and ask him is Wilson is better than Sanchez, he will say his new QB (Sanchez) is better.
    Hey Jman nice job calling in to the JI Radio Show last nite. Congrads to you & Tara on your engagement and wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

So how much is Leon being shopped for? Westhoff made him a star once, so I'd revisit Washington back on the team for the right price.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    We dont know that. He is a kid with a lot of upside. He has talent, leadership skills and is also very humble.

He could be a bust, or lead his team to a championship. Its too early to tell. One thing for sure, the Hawks have a damn good defense which worries me when the Jets offense takes the field at Century Link.
    Intangibles don't win championships. See: Pennington, Chad.

Not exactly going out on a limb by saying he could be great or could bust, obviously that's the case with every NFL player.

I'd just rather wait to see him play a couple of regular season games before anointing him the new king of Seattle.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Wow...... the same broken record, playing the same nonsensical lyrics.
    Every Song is filled with great lyrics and a hook. This is actually the hook.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    my prediction is that Russell and his entire 5'10 will be back on the bench by week 3 and Carroll will once again be trying to make a go of Matt Flynn

Where will Braylon be? probably irrelevant, same as for most of his entire NFL "career"