Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Braylon likes WIlson better than Sanchez

Veteran

Braylon likes WIlson better than Sanchez

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08/...ussell-wilson/
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The hits keep coming for Mark Sanchez.

New York’s starting quarterback has been under the microscope since last season’s 8-8 finish and the Jets’ subsequent acquisition of backup Tim Tebow.

The latest knock came from one of Sanchez’s favorite former targets, current Seahawks wide receiver Braylon Edwards.

Edwards was asked to compare Sanchez in his first year to third-round draft pick Russell Wilson, a rookie who was recently named Seattle’s starter.

Yahoo! Sports writer Doug Farrar tweeted on Monday: “Asked Braylon Edwards if he sees similar things in 2012 Wilson to what he saw in 2009 Sanchez: ‘I see better things.’ “

And the Giants thought Eli Manning couldn’t get any respect?

The Jets’ top pick in the 2009 draft, Sanchez threw for 2,444 yards, 12 touchdowns and 20 interceptions in his rookie campaign, which ended in an AFC Championship game loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

Edwards, traded from Cleveland to New York early in the ’09 season, had 541 receiving yards in 12 games (11 starts) with the Jets.

It wasn’t until 2010 that the duo really clicked.

The Jets again went to the AFC Championship game — and lost, again — while Sanchez threw for 3,291 yards, 17 TDs and 13 INTs in the regular season. Meanwhile, Edwards recorded 904 receiving yards in his final season with the Jets.

This offseason, Jets were reported to have some interest in Edwards, who ultimately signed with Seattle.

Sour grapes from Bray, or is there some truth to it? Be heard in the comments below!

All League
    what the hell is he supposed to say? he has a new QB. he's moved on, can't jets fans move on from braylon?

Great that the Hawks have had the balls to choose the best QB to be their starter from camp. Wilson sounds like a real prospect, who knows if the height thing will do him in in the end or not. I wouldn't expect for Edwards to anything differently any more than I would expect our players to endorse Sanchez.

Wilson looks better than Sanchez for one obvious reason.. Sanchez had 1 year of college experience.

/End

When the Jets play the Seahawks, Wilson will be running for his life.

Good luck, Braylon, except when we play you.

Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    Wilson looks better than Sanchez for one obvious reason.. Sanchez had 1 year of college experience.

/End
    Yes most people like to ignore this fact. Give Sanchez an O-line and he will impress imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    Yes most people like to ignore this fact. Give Sanchez an O-line and he will impress imo.
    like on sunday.

All League
    oh no!

All League
    I love Braylon, wish we had brought him back. Of course I'd expect him to defend his CURRENT QB....non-story...

Practice Squad
    Wilson is going to fail this year. So much so, that Seattle makes a deal in the offseason for Mark Sanchez on the cheap. 2013 - Sanchez lights up the AFC West with Braylon and Tate each going over 1000 yds. Mark it down....

Can't wait til Revis shuts him down.

Veteran
    This isn't a fair comparison in the first place - Wilson's first preseason to Sanchez's first regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    This isn't a fair comparison in the first place - Wilson's first preseason to Sanchez's first regular season.
    this is braylon edwards we're talking about - one blunder away from being out of the nfl. he'll say anything to stick at this point.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    Give Sanchez an O-line and he will impress imo.
    So would all NFL QB's.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So would all NFL QB's.
    tebow?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Braylon likes the Boo-Boo juice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    tebow?
    I said NFL QB's.

Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    what the hell is he supposed to say? he has a new QB. he's moved on, can't jets fans move on from braylon?
    +1

All Pro

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I said NFL QB's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez threw 12 td passes and 20 picks in his 1st season. Of course edwards thinks wilson can do better then that. Those numbers are horrendous.