Thread: Hypocrisy

Hypocrisy

I need some help. I'm trying to rack my brain in thinking of ways that both sides of the political spectrum can be hypocritical about things. I guess we can throw in the super-religious too. The problem is, I can think of plenty of people I know who are conservatives and HATE Obama, but they have no problem receiving government assistance, which I had long assumed was mostly a liberal thing. I was wrong. These people I know also claim to be devout Christians but are immediate to turn their backs on lifelong friends after an argument and people they claim to have adopted as "family" and will use any opportunity to sell them out. That is not what I knew Christianity to be about.

How about rich Liberals who complain that the 'rich' need to pay more in taxes but still use tax havens/shelters or do not write in large amounts in the box that lets you 'put in what you feel is your fair share'...?

That's pretty hypocritical... You answer that and maybe we can have a discussion...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I love how you surface every 4 years to bash Republicans. I cant tell if you're a lone wolf loser or an established Hampurite who wants to take out his political rage in anonymity. I'll figure it out though.

YellowSubmarineBot 5000 > BusterBot 4000?

Possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    How about rich Liberals who complain that the 'rich' need to pay more in taxes but still use tax havens/shelters or do not write in large amounts in the box that lets you 'put in what you feel is your fair share'...?

That's pretty hypocritical... You answer that and maybe we can have a discussion...
    That is one thing I have heard. The left is for spending and welfare....but they do not like to spend themselves?

I pose this as a question.

I will add that in past centuries, the churches had to be controlled because that's where people got most of their information.

It's still true, for many. To get people to vote for their oppressors and against their own economic interests is important, and requires a lot of intensive bullsh!t.
    Last edited by YellowSubmarine; 08-28-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
    That is one thing I have heard. The left is for spending and welfare....but they do not like to spend themselves?

I pose this as a question.

I will add that in past centuries, the churches had to be controlled because that's where people got most of their information.

It's still true, for many. To get people to vote for their oppressors and against their own economic interests is important, and requires a lot of intensive bullsh!t.
    If you want hypocrisy try your position on Medicare. Obama guts it to the tune of 700+ billion and then accuses Republicans of pushing granny over the cliff.

We have 2 plans on the table.

Romney's which keeps Medicare solvent and in place for everyone.

Obama steals 800Billion from the lock box and makes up for it by arbitrarily lowering what medicare pays to doctors essentially causing many docs to simply stop accepting medicare patients. Seniors lose big time here because they simultaneously have their medicare funds stolen and their access to care reduced.

Do you see the hypocrisy?

All League
    Yellow, you're making us look bad. Please exit stage left.

"People I know did..." is the lowest form of argument. It's on the same level as Acepepe's "I have black friends so...".

I love how the Democrats want to keep things civil, then claim Romney is a murderer, a tax cheat and a felon.

Submarine handle is a fitting for you. Listen, don't rack your brain because anyone in this ****ed up economy voting for the talking head is already brain dead.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
    I need some help.

...on to step two....