Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rex tipping hand on final 53? Schillens in, Sapp out?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    he's one of the secret v2 rocket weapons to be revealed on opening day.
    I like the way you think.
    We have an arsenal full of offensive weapons (or is it weapons on offense?)

MGBM

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GangGreenAFFLICTION View Post
    I like the way you think.
    We have an arsenal full of offensive weapons (or is it weapons on offense?)

MGBM
    As far as weapons go, our offense is a slingshot compared to other teams' bazookas.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Schilens is so injury prone he makes chad pennington look durable.

Schilens entire body is made out of chad pennington's shoulder.
    I think it's that "shatter on impact" material they use for movie fight scenes involving glass bottles.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schilens is the most disappointing acquision this offseason for obvious reasons.... The fact that his former position coach in Oakland is with the Jets in same capacity is a tremendous plus in his favor......

Really thought Sapp was going to make strong push for roster spot.... I never was impressed with McIntyre... really thought he would be odd man out.... Not quite sure...

Defense has more overall depth than Offense... by design to some degree.. rotation to maintain highest energy levels... Lots to worry about on Offensive side of ball...

Believe it or not, the only position that they some depth is at QB.. LOL....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What has Schilens done to justify his roster spot?

It's amazing to me that he'll be retained since he's done literally nothing but ride a stationary bike and cash checks since he was signed (that and cry about Cromartie's comments) the guy is a complete joke and a waste.

Jets WR corps should be Holmes-Hill-Kerley-Turner-White... plenty for a "ground and pound" team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets better not be letting go of White. That will Woodhead part 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex would never tip his hand on anything. He's too smart for that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    they won't - besides mcknight who else returns kicks and punts - wilson?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    What has Schilens done to justify his roster spot?

It's amazing to me that he'll be retained since he's done literally nothing but ride a stationary bike and cash checks since he was signed (that and cry about Cromartie's comments) the guy is a complete joke and a waste.

Jets WR corps should be Holmes-Hill-Kerley-Turner-White... plenty for a "ground and pound" team.
    He had to do something in the OTa's to leave a lasting impression on Rex Ryan.
    Usually a player misses as much time as Chaz Schilens and they have trouble making a team roster.

Or it could scream that the Jets are really hurting for quality WR, and Rex is willing to let him get healthy. Last reason maybe Rex doesn't want to see Chaz Schilens playing for the Dolphins. Fear the CHaz.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schilens showed flashes during the practices he was able to take part in. The fact that Hill isn't quite ready ensures we keep Schilens. If healthy, he could be our best weapon. Time will tell. I'd love to see Hill, Schilens, and Holmes on the field at the same time. It would be hard to defend.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We may also need Chaz to help cure our red zone woes

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign Plax for 1 year. The guy will catch more TD's than Schillens. Just use him in the redzone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    He had to do something in the OTa's to leave a lasting impression on Rex Ryan.
    Usually a player misses as much time as Chaz Schilens and they have trouble making a team roster.

Or it could scream that the Jets are really hurting for quality WR, and Rex is willing to let him get healthy. Last reason maybe Rex doesn't want to see Chaz Schilens playing for the Dolphins. Fear the CHaz.
    Even if they're hurting for a quality WR (I don't think they are) the guy they have can't be quality if he's always hurt.

Let him go to the Dolphins. I don't care. He probably won't play there either, since, you know, he's made of cardboard.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Sapp is no big loss. I don't even remember him making a tackle so far this preseason or any play of any sort.
    He hasn't played in any ps games..Out with high ankle sprain..

I'd rather keep Sapp (if he ever gets healthy) than Schilens...Sapp provides more upside at a position of need (speed at OLB)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    If we've learned anything about this two-headed monster of Rex and Tanny it's that we can't believe or rely on anything they might say or not say.
    Up until yesterday, Rex was pleased to announce that Wayne Hunter was going back to swing tackle/jumbo TE. Now he's in St. Louis.
    Yet every other HC and GM in the league tell the absolute truth all the time.. I expected better from you..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I agree.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like Sapp is getting cut. Sucks, he seems to have ability, just can't get healthy at the right time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    sounds like Sapp is getting cut. Sucks, he seems to have ability, just can't get healthy at the right time.
    It's sad. I had such high hopes.

I was initially thinking they can't let this guy go because he'll finally get healthy and catch fire with someone else.

But it's far more realistic that he's out of the league next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I found it funny how Rex didn't want to comment on Smith.

Schilens definitely makes the team. Lal hand-picked him. I hope he is better with his hand-picks than Rex.
    He couldn't the trade wasn't official.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He hasn't played in any ps games..Out with high ankle sprain..

I'd rather keep Sapp (if he ever gets healthy) than Schilens...Sapp provides more upside at a position of need (speed at OLB)
    +1...sorta.

I would really be disappointed if Sapp doesn't make the roster. He has Maybin ability(around 24 sacks in college.) Right now, Maybin, with his hands on the ground, is the only pure DE speed rusher on this team. Sapp can be just as good doing that, as well as doing that as a stand up OLB.

I would like to see a pure speed rusher DE next to Coples, in order to protect Q from double teams. And, at the same time, to also be able to cause problems penetrating on his own too.

Either Maybin or Sapp could play as a rush DE next to Coples, while the other one plays rush OLB. That would be a tough combo for protection schemes to deal with, when you also have Mo and Kenrick, on the DL with Coples, in those pass rush situations.

I also like Schilens potential with that size-speed ratio.

My hope is that they can find a way to keep both.