Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 66

Thread: Chris Cooley released

  1. #21
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    What the Jets really need is a big Blocking TE. They should wait until final cuts to see who's let go. I'm hoping Fasano is cut by the Fish.
    Fasano would be nice. Hopefully the Phins cut him. SHOCKEY????

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken08 View Post
    The Jets are so thin at TE this is a No Brainer. Make the call Tanny.
    "Make the Call" on a guy with a horrible injury history, who was released only to work the cap for a team he's fiercely loyal to, in a City/Area he absolutely does not want to relocate away from?

    What should Tanny say, do you think?

  3. #23
    h-back is important in the Sparano offense
    definitely sign this guy

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    We already have a better tight end on this team, and his name is Tim Tebow.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken08 View Post
    Fasano would be nice. Hopefully the Phins cut him. SHOCKEY????
    I would like fasano for the Jets! The guy can play and he knows Sparano's system.

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,952
    Anyone wanting anthony fasano has not watched him play last year or this preseason. The guy sucks and cant catch anymore.

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,858
    There is no way in hell Tanny isn't on the phone with Cooley's agent right now right?

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,811
    He wants to be a starter.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I'd look him for sure. We're starved for ball catching talent ATM.
    ball catching ass-to-mouth?


    i guess that's a plus

  10. #30
    This is the mini draft Tanny was talking about.
    Cooley is a NO BRAINER for Sparanos offense, I would be SHOCKED if Tanny isn't trying to work out a deal.

    Plus I think Cooleys kookiness fits this Jets team, the guy is a little loopy, perfect for NY.

  11. #31
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    "Make the Call" on a guy with a horrible injury history, who was released only to work the cap for a team he's fiercely loyal to, in a City/Area he absolutely does not want to relocate away from?

    What should Tanny say, do you think?
    Yea I agree with u didnt realize Cooley played in 5 games last year. 8 receptions for 65 yards is pretty pathetic.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken08 View Post
    Yea I agree with u didnt realize Cooley played in 5 games last year. 8 receptions for 65 yards is pretty pathetic.
    I loved Cooley coming out and early on, would have loved to have had him here.

    But he's Chad Pennington. He simply cannot stay healthy.

    And when i say he loves the DC area, I mean it. He's bought into the whole "Burguny & Gold, Nationals Capital" thing hardcore.....he is deeply tied into the local area in a number of ways, charities, orgs and the like.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Anyone wanting anthony fasano has not watched him play last year or this preseason. The guy sucks and cant catch anymore.
    How can you not catch the ball anymore if you could catch the ball your whole life? I understand not being as fast as you used to be or not being able to block as well as you once could because you are older but catching the ball???

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    What the Jets really need is a big Blocking TE. They should wait until final cuts to see who's let go. I'm hoping Fasano is cut by the Fish.
    I've had my eye out for Fasano since camp started, but after seeing how putrid the Miami TE position is on Hardknocks, I'm not even sure they can afford to dump him.

  15. #35
    Sign him. He'd complement Keller perfectly. Can block & catch.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I've had my eye out for Fasano since camp started, but after seeing how putrid the Miami TE position is on Hardknocks, I'm not even sure they can afford to dump him.
    I think the Pats signed a couple of TEs in the offseason.
    That would be like 2 in 1, get a blocking TE & get the TE routes that the Pats are practicing.

  17. #37
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    Sign him. He'd complement Keller perfectly. Can block & catch.
    Gronk & Hernandez vs Keller & Cooley....

    Sounds good!

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    If his knees are okay, I'd pounce all over him. (no homo)
    Glad u added "no homo" after your comment! That would have sounded super homo!

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I loved Cooley coming out and early on, would have loved to have had him here.

    But he's Chad Pennington. He simply cannot stay healthy.

    And when i say he loves the DC area, I mean it. He's bought into the whole "Burguny & Gold, Nationals Capital" thing hardcore.....he is deeply tied into the local area in a number of ways, charities, orgs and the like.
    This.


    I'd love to get Cooley, but it's not happening. He's a Redskin lifer. The only thing I could see him doing would be a one year stint with a team like the Steelers, Patriots, or Packers to try to win a Super Bowl before he retires.

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,952
    How can you not catch the ball anymore if you could catch the ball your whole life? I understand not being as fast as you used to be or not being able to block as well as you once could because you are older but catching the ball???
    Curtis Conway. When we signed him, he developed the dropsies. Its probably mental, but it happens to guys. Fasano is damaged goods. Stay away.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us