Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Cooley released

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    What the Jets really need is a big Blocking TE. They should wait until final cuts to see who's let go. I'm hoping Fasano is cut by the Fish.
    Fasano would be nice. Hopefully the Phins cut him. SHOCKEY????

Quote Originally Posted by Heineken08 View Post
    The Jets are so thin at TE this is a No Brainer. Make the call Tanny.
    "Make the Call" on a guy with a horrible injury history, who was released only to work the cap for a team he's fiercely loyal to, in a City/Area he absolutely does not want to relocate away from?

What should Tanny say, do you think?

h-back is important in the Sparano offense
    definitely sign this guy

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    We already have a better tight end on this team, and his name is Tim Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Fasano would be nice. Hopefully the Phins cut him. SHOCKEY????
    I would like fasano for the Jets! The guy can play and he knows Sparano's system.

Jets Insider VIP
    Anyone wanting anthony fasano has not watched him play last year or this preseason. The guy sucks and cant catch anymore.

All Pro
    There is no way in hell Tanny isn't on the phone with Cooley's agent right now right?

Hall Of Fame
    He wants to be a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I'd look him for sure. We're starved for ball catching talent ATM.
    ball catching ass-to-mouth?

i guess that's a plus

This is the mini draft Tanny was talking about.
    Cooley is a NO BRAINER for Sparanos offense, I would be SHOCKED if Tanny isn't trying to work out a deal.

Plus I think Cooleys kookiness fits this Jets team, the guy is a little loopy, perfect for NY.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    "Make the Call" on a guy with a horrible injury history, who was released only to work the cap for a team he's fiercely loyal to, in a City/Area he absolutely does not want to relocate away from?

What should Tanny say, do you think?
    Yea I agree with u didnt realize Cooley played in 5 games last year. 8 receptions for 65 yards is pretty pathetic.

Yea I agree with u didnt realize Cooley played in 5 games last year. 8 receptions for 65 yards is pretty pathetic.
    I loved Cooley coming out and early on, would have loved to have had him here.

But he's Chad Pennington. He simply cannot stay healthy.

And when i say he loves the DC area, I mean it. He's bought into the whole "Burguny & Gold, Nationals Capital" thing hardcore.....he is deeply tied into the local area in a number of ways, charities, orgs and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Anyone wanting anthony fasano has not watched him play last year or this preseason. The guy sucks and cant catch anymore.
    How can you not catch the ball anymore if you could catch the ball your whole life? I understand not being as fast as you used to be or not being able to block as well as you once could because you are older but catching the ball???

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    What the Jets really need is a big Blocking TE. They should wait until final cuts to see who's let go. I'm hoping Fasano is cut by the Fish.
    I've had my eye out for Fasano since camp started, but after seeing how putrid the Miami TE position is on Hardknocks, I'm not even sure they can afford to dump him.

Sign him. He'd complement Keller perfectly. Can block & catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I've had my eye out for Fasano since camp started, but after seeing how putrid the Miami TE position is on Hardknocks, I'm not even sure they can afford to dump him.
    I think the Pats signed a couple of TEs in the offseason.
    That would be like 2 in 1, get a blocking TE & get the TE routes that the Pats are practicing.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    Sign him. He'd complement Keller perfectly. Can block & catch.
    Gronk & Hernandez vs Keller & Cooley....

Sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    If his knees are okay, I'd pounce all over him. (no homo)
    Glad u added "no homo" after your comment! That would have sounded super homo!

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I loved Cooley coming out and early on, would have loved to have had him here.

But he's Chad Pennington. He simply cannot stay healthy.

And when i say he loves the DC area, I mean it. He's bought into the whole "Burguny & Gold, Nationals Capital" thing hardcore.....he is deeply tied into the local area in a number of ways, charities, orgs and the like.
    This.

I'd love to get Cooley, but it's not happening. He's a Redskin lifer. The only thing I could see him doing would be a one year stint with a team like the Steelers, Patriots, or Packers to try to win a Super Bowl before he retires.

Jets Insider VIP
    How can you not catch the ball anymore if you could catch the ball your whole life? I understand not being as fast as you used to be or not being able to block as well as you once could because you are older but catching the ball???
    Curtis Conway. When we signed him, he developed the dropsies. Its probably mental, but it happens to guys. Fasano is damaged goods. Stay away.