Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chris Cooley released

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JUMBOJET View Post
    With the number of injured TE on our team and lack of a FB this would be a great pick up.
    Honey...you got it. The case cracker.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the right price, Cooley is a no brainer IMO.

I didn't realize he was only 30. For some reason, I thought he was much older.

Baker is gone for the season and outside of Keller, there is no TE/HB option. Who knows what Cumberland's future holds this season. Concussions have a funny way of reappearing. So we have to consider that as well.

Keller is a FA after this season. It could be the perfect way to get another quality target for Sanchez and light a fire under Keller's ass at the same time.

I'm not sure of Cooley's blocking skills but he's been in the league 8 years. He's been doing something right.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the record, apparently I was 100% wrong on the Cooley cut.

For months the lcoal DC press had reported he would be cut, and immediately resigned, as a cap-reneg. move. That the team wanted to retain him.

I hadn't listened to local stuff in a few weeks tho.

Turns out, listening yesterday, that the cut is permanent, the Skins will not resign him, and he had a teary farewell and all that. So he is available.

Apparently he was healthy enough in camp, but simply was so bad he couldn't beat out a couple of no-name jag TE's the Skins also had on the roster, and despite being a beloved fan favorite and liked by the staff, he was so bad, they simplay were forced to let him go.

For whatever it's worth, thats the local DC Sportradio spin on things, and unlike in NY, the DC media is generally more accurate, less hype-ridden, and more "reporting" than "story creating" on these matters.

So buyer beware (shame, I still like Cooley).

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    For the right price, Cooley is a no brainer IMO.

I didn't realize he was only 30. For some reason, I thought he was much older.

I'm not sure of Cooley's blocking skills but he's been in the league 8 years. He's been doing something right.
    People think he's older because he has been hurt, alot, in his career.

He is a total non-entity as a blocker. He is a ball catcher only historicly. More H-Back than TE in Gibbs and Shanny's systems.

And (again if the above reporting is accurate) he was beaten out by two nobodies this camp.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    H-Back/TE Option?

Discuss
    odd- i posted this at 8am this morning. why was it merged with a 1:55 pm post?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JUMBOJET View Post
    odd- i posted this at 8am this morning. why was it merged with a 1:55 pm post?
    Because this thread was started 2 days ago?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Because this thread was started 2 days ago?
    well that answears my question. Thanks.