Thread: Vrentas: Jets Tweets Tues 8/28

Vrentas: Jets Tweets Tues 8/28

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Sparano says Sanchez's passes have come out in good rhythm, with good velocity. Also making good decisions.

Sparano gushes about three throws Tebow made in Sun night's game. Says the stats don't tell the story of the progress he's made.

For the record, Sparano says, "We want TDs, not field goals." Asks us to put that in the headlines. Well played, sir.

Sparano + Rex had the "long discussion" abt how to use/roll out WC-esque plays soon after he was hired, and again after getting Tebow.

Sparano said he was "not interested" in putting WC on film in preseason and giving teams a month to prepare. #nyj

RT @ConorTOrr: Slauson said he's a believer in Wayne and hopes things can work out in the future. #nyj

Sparano says "I wasn't disappointed at all." Points to positives: Run game, said 11pct of plays called were explosive plays. #nyj

Bell's knee injury was a bone bruise. Said he did everything today, could have played Sun if in regular season. #nyj

Harris said he did some running + cutting today. It's a sprain, not the high ankle kind. #nyj

Folk said he feels like he's kicking the best he has as a Jet. Said offseason helped get timing down w/snapper and holder. #nyj

Team says Moore's procedure was scheduled. It was not something that came up. #nyj

Rex Ryan, Tony Sparano discussed keeping 'Wildcat' a secret during preseason via @ConorTOrr

Jets' Brandon Moore resting after 'minor procedure,' will be ready for opener

RB Joe McKnight is excused for personal reasons. #nyj

Brandon Moore, through team spokesman, had a "minor procedure" and will rest this week. He'll be back for opener. #nyj

Didn't see McKnight or Moore at practice. Media only there for 30 mins. #

Cumberland, Bellore in red non-contact pinnies. #nyj

Add Landry, Smith to that list. #nyj

Rehab group assembling: Harris, Keller, Po'uha, DeVito, Schilens, Sapp, Lankster. #nyj

Keller (hamstring) is standing off to the side as the team warms up. He's in uniform though.

RT @AdamSchein: Fred Jackson says the Jets will "take it to the next level" in season. He adds, "Rex is going to bring everything in week 1"

RT @ConorTOrr: Rex expects a healthy roster come Buffalo, with S Eric Smith as the lone exception #Jets

Rex Ryan 'assumes' Austin Howard will be opening-day starting right tackle

Rex admits, "I think we've been surprised we haven't scored a TD yet."

Rex adds they'd "definitely" be interested in bringing another TE in. #nyj

When asked if they'd bring in another TE, Rex gives his usual "you'd consider anything that would help the team."

I missed Po'uha. Rex says he's getting better and should be ready for Buffalo too. #nyj

Rex said Holmes, Kerley and Schilens should all play in opener. May be limited in reps.

Rex said he gave honest answer about Coples the other night. Said he doesn't have concerns about him.

Rex said E. Smith is biggest question mark for opener. Says it's his hip. Other guys (Keller, DeVito, Bell, Cumberland) should be ready

Asked if Howard is the opening day starting RT, Rex said, "I feel pretty good about Austin."

Rex "not comfortable" talking about Hunter-Smith trade until 4pm, after it is official. Smith is in building doing physical.

Rex congratulates Nick Folk on winning kicking job. Called competition "as tough as it gets." They hope Brown catches on elsewhere.

Jets' Stephen Hill struggling with drops but working through it

Veteran
    Holy sh#t - I thought Twitter was supposed to shorten my attention span!

But seriously, thanks for the recap - saves most of the time I am complaining about anyway

I thought McKnight being excused from practice was interesting. Wasn't Hunter excused from practice right before he was sent to St Louis....hmmmmmmm

Thanks for the recap.

Jets Insider VIP
    Thank you C Mart

Thank you, sir.

At least Fred Jackson respects us

All League
    @JennyVrentas: Jets are paying Smith $2.45M this year, source says (Hunter's salary). Rams pay the difference ($1.55M). Analogous to Curry situation. #nyj

At least we're not paying the $1.55M. . I hope to god we sign a veteran TE, T, and WR. Get to work Tanny!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... another thread said mcknight was getting his grandma (or some relative) out of new orleans ...

... great news about keller & harris should be back for opener! ...

l_j-r

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofNY View Post
    @JennyVrentas: Jets are paying Smith $2.45M this year, source says (Hunter's salary). Rams pay the difference ($1.55M). Analogous to Curry situation. #nyj

At least we're not paying the $1.55M. . I hope to god we sign a veteran TE, T, and WR. Get to work Tanny!
    So where is everyone that was complaining about how much extra we had to pay for Smith?

Veteran
    Always a pleasure to read these summaries.

Sparano + Rex had the "long discussion" abt how to use/roll out WC-esque plays soon after he was hired, and again after getting Tebow.

Sparano said he was "not interested" in putting WC on film in preseason and giving teams a month to prepare. #nyj

I dont want to be overly optimistic here...but the above quotes are REALLY good news to read.

One of the improvements I have desperately hoped to see now that schotty is gone is adding more roll outs and moving pockets to the offense. Not only are roll outs something that plays to sanchez' strengths, but a moving pocket also allows us some small advantages to pass protection....both of which should help our offense a lot.

Hopefully we have that stuff installed and simply didnt want to show it in the preseason, which IMO would be a very smart move.

It would be very smart. And IMO we'll kill Buffalo week 1.