Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets finally got it right: It's the pass rush stupid (not the economy)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
    And we should trade/release that player? For what- cap savings? draft picks (for 50/50 at best college prospects)?

Exactly.

New Jet Jason Smith was the #2 pick overall. A planned stud LT for the Rams. How did that work out?? He was just traded for Wayne Hunter

Revis is worth a few wins on his own. On that basis, he's very similar to an elite QB.

I swear, these guys who want to pay Revis must think this is the MLB where you can just pay guys huge amounts of money and everything will be ok because you don't have a cap.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Why was Deion Sanders on 5 different teams then??
    Because the Falcons were dumb enough to trade him.

He went on to win Super Bowls with the next two teams!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Revis isn't going anywhere. We'd be among the worst teams in the league without him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    Wrong.

You don't commit 10% of you cap space to a CB and expect to win anything.

It's much better to spend $15 million of a couple of players who can force the QB to have to throw the ball in 3.5 seconds than it is to spend that money on one player who can cover one reciever for 7 seconds.

It just is.

As great as Revis is...and he is an all-time great at his position...the Jets would be foolish to pay him, and even more foolish if they don't trade him while he's worth a lot.
    Your completely out of your mind with DD and all the other "trade revis" guys. We have the best cover corner in the league and the way Rex runs his D, he is EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED. Enough with the trading revis sht, the guy is gonna get paid 14 mill a year and is well worth it, and by the way it will be well above any other cb in the league. 16-18 million is not what he is going to demand or get.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post

That didn't answer my question.. BTW Dallas and the 49'ers won bowls without Sanders also.. Maybe it had something to do with their HOF QB's???

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post

Yup, and I'm sure that having Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, Emmit Smith, and Troy Aikman on those teams had nothing to do with those wins.

You're a joke.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I swear, these guys who want to pay Revis must think this is the MLB where you can just pay guys huge amounts of money and everything will be ok because you don't have a cap.
    You just don't understand football and what this guy does for our defense...I swear this fcking fan base is never happy with anything...

I hate wayne hunter...
    Why would we trade wayne for the smith, smith is terrible

We are the only fan base in this world that would want to trade the BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER in football. The cb position is the toughest position to play in a league which has become a passing league and he is by far the best cb in the league. LETS TRADE HIM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Your completely out of your mind with DD and all the other "trade revis" guys. We have the best cover corner in the league and the way Rex runs his D, he is EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED. Enough with the trading revis sht, the guy is gonna get paid 14 mill a year and is well worth it, and by the way it will be well above any other cb in the league. 16-18 million is not what he is going to demand or get.
    2 AFCCG losses and an 8-8 season is well worth it? lol.

Banned
    Yea and he was one of the main reasons we got that far, without him we had a middle of the road defense those two years. Get a clue.

Yea and he was one of the main reasons we got that far, without him we had a middle of the road defense those two years. Get a clue.
    And with him we have.....nothing. Get a clue.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You have team fans and player fans and it's obvious from some posts who is which..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You can't have a user name like you do and expect to be fair and balanced..

You have team fans and player fans and it's obvious from some posts who is which..
    I can tell. Can we call them Revisites? lol.

Banned
    So how can you be so sure trading revis is better for the team? I am a team fan and keeping revis is def better for the team than trading him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

So how can you be so sure trading revis is better for the team? I am a team fan and keeping revis is def better for the team than trading him.
    I think Revis is a great player but a great CB isn't the most important player on the team.. Do the Giants have a great secondary?? Do they beat the Pats?? Notice our top draft choices in the last 2 drafts??

Veteran
    I'm curious for the peeps that say trade the Jets best player in Revis are the same peeps that wanted Abraham to walk years ago? Wonder if there is a correlation ...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Ahh Brings me back to the days of the Martinette's.. 3.5 ypc Great year for Cumar 4.2 for Greene he sucks..

Hall Of Fame
    LOL.

I can understand the emotional attachment to Revis. As a franchise we have been starved of iconic players and now we have a player that can go down as the GOAT at his position. Unfortunately, his position is not QB.

Can't have a $16 million dollar CB on a 7-9 team with an anemic offense.

I think Revis is a great player but a great CB isn't the most important player on the team.. Do the Giants have a great secondary?? Do they beat the Pats?? Notice our top draft choices in the last 2 drafts??
    do you have any idea how rare true shutdown corners are? the jets aren't trading revis unless they blow the whole team up