Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 108

Thread: Jets finally got it right: It's the pass rush stupid (not the economy)

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Ahh Brings me back to the days of the Martinette's.. 3.5 ypc Great year for Cumar 4.2 for Greene he sucks..
    Lol. I'm telling you, these guys really would pay a long snapper 20 mil if he were elite. It's like they want us to be in chains and unable to get better players for other positions because we've given the deed to our house to Revis.

  2. #42
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I think Revis is a great player but a great CB isn't the most important player on the team.. Do the Giants have a great secondary?? Do they beat the Pats?? Notice our top draft choices in the last 2 drafts??
    Yes now hopefully we have the best of both worlds, just because the giants secondary sucked and they won a sb doesnt mean we need to trade revis. Now with the upgrade in pass rush between coples, the development of wilk and maybin with our dbacks we could easily have the top defense in the league.

  3. #43
    For all the people complaining about the Kyle Wilson pick and saying we should have drafted a pass rusher?

    WHO?

    Koa Misi, Jerry Hughes, Sergio Kindle?

    Kyle has not been as good as he could be and hasn't been consistent, but he is definitely better than those guys.

    The people that say we should draft pass rushers and talk about the Giants model here is the problem:

    Drafting for need isn't better than going BPA.

    When the Jets drafted Mo and Coples even though it filled needs they were each the best player available.

    This is like when SAR I says we should have drafted a QB at the time of 2006 even though Leinart and Cutler weren't the best players on the board.

    In regards to Revis and the cap, I understand hesitating about giving huge money, but I would rather do that in some respects than just get back draft picks unless Revis's demands are just outrageous. Draft picks are valuable but unknowns. The best way to do a Revis trade is to at least get a good player in return IMO.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    In the salary cap era, name one team that has dedicated 10% or more of it's cap space to a cornerback and won a Superbowl.

    If you can't do that, just name one that has won a Conference Championship.

    If you can't do that, just name one that has won a Division.


    Go ahead...
    Still waiting...

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    You have to pay your superstars, regardless of position. Many teams take much bigger annual cap hits for their QBs than the Jets do, so it all evens out.
    Oh yeah...find me a SB team with a CB jamming the cap like Revis will.

    Love Revis but rather have 2 Cro's if we can get an elite QB and some offense.

  6. #46
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,207
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

    I can understand the emotional attachment to Revis. As a franchise we have been starved of iconic players and now we have a player that can go down as the GOAT at his position. Unfortunately, his position is not QB.

    Can't have a $16 million dollar CB on a 7-9 team with an anemic offense.
    We don't always agree but your spot on in your opinion..

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,115
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    So how can you be so sure trading revis is better for the team? I am a team fan and keeping revis is def better for the team than trading him.
    Umm...what some seem to be saying, if I might, is that EVERYTHING in a CAPPED league has a worth. Even YOU must believe there is SOME PRICE at which Revis is 'not worth it'.

    Would you say Revis is worth 10% of the cap? 12%? 15%? I hate these 'Revis is worth every penny' vs 'trade Revis he ain't worth it' threads because the parameters of his demands etc are not even known.

    At a certain point, even Revis isn't worth it as it is detrimental to putting together a complete team due to salary cap constraints.

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,207
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Yes now hopefully we have the best of both worlds, just because the giants secondary sucked and they won a sb doesnt mean we need to trade revis. Now with the upgrade in pass rush between coples, the development of wilk and maybin with our dbacks we could easily have the top defense in the league.
    2 Super Bowls over the Pats..

  9. #49
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Lol. I'm telling you, these guys really would pay a long snapper 20 mil if he were elite. It's like they want us to be in chains and unable to get better players for other positions because we've given the deed to our house to Revis.
    You keep showing how clueless you are, I could care less about keeping a player because of how iconic he is. Its what he brings to this team and to this defense. Rex ryan will not let that guy leave this team, this defense does so much more because of Revis. You and Savage have yet to bring up one good argument on how the jets are better by trading him.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    2 Super Bowls over the Pats..
    But but but Revis doe!

    lol

  11. #51
    Revis needs to be traded while he's still worth something to someone else.

    Invest that money in a legitimate pass rusher, or a couple of playmakers on offense.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    2 Super Bowls over the Pats..
    WTF does the giants winning the SB have to do with the jets trading revis? this is the stupidest argument I've read in some time. you are all trying way too hard to sound smart. cut it out with the fan GM'ing

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    You keep showing how clueless you are, I could care less about keeping a player because of how iconic he is. Its what he brings to this team and to this defense. Rex ryan will not let that guy leave this team, this defense does so much more because of Revis. You and Savage have yet to bring up one good argument on how the jets are better by trading him.
    but but but but.... the giants!
    moronic at best

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    You keep showing how clueless you are, I could care less about keeping a player because of how iconic he is. Its what he brings to this team and to this defense. Rex ryan will not let that guy leave this team, this defense does so much more because of Revis. You and Savage have yet to bring up one good argument on how the jets are better by trading him.
    We already did on page one. You're just too attached to Revisí balls to face reality.

    You truly are helpless.

  15. #55
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    WTF does the giants winning the SB have to do with the jets trading revis? this is the stupidest argument I've read in some time. you are all trying way too hard to sound smart. cut it out with the fan GM'ing
    +1

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,207
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    You keep showing how clueless you are, I could care less about keeping a player because of how iconic he is. Its what he brings to this team and to this defense. Rex ryan will not let that guy leave this team, this defense does so much more because of Revis. You and Savage have yet to bring up one good argument on how the jets are better by trading him.
    When we went 12-4 in 98 was that because of Revis?? When we won a Bowl was that because a shinning star in the north said a savior named Revis would be born in the year 1985 will be the one. I'm done its like arguing with a Player fan named Chad owns Brady..

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    WTF does the giants winning the SB have to do with the jets trading revis? this is the stupidest argument I've read in some time. you are all trying way too hard to sound smart. cut it out with the fan GM'ing
    The point, genius, is that they don't have an elite CB like Revis as we do and yet they're WINNERS. They do, on the other hand, have great QB, WRs, and a pass rush. Are you really having this hard of a time connecting the dots?

  18. #58
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    We already did on page one. You're just too attached to Revisí balls to face reality.

    You truly are helpless.
    No you actually did not. You did not make one good argument yet, you have just been posting your sarcastic comments with your savage boy.

  19. #59
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,207
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    WTF does the giants winning the SB have to do with the jets trading revis? this is the stupidest argument I've read in some time. you are all trying way too hard to sound smart. cut it out with the fan GM'ing
    It's only stupid when your head is so far up Revis's butt to see a CB is not the most important player on the team.. If Revis plays for a sane contract I'm all for keeping him but not if his demands hurt the team in acquiring other players that we need to win..

  20. #60
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,207
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    No you actually did not. You did not make one good argument yet, you have just been posting your sarcastic comments with your savage boy.
    Boy?? You must be a child to post that..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us