Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking news- HUNTER trade may be on HOLD- PFT

Jets Insider VIP

Breaking news- HUNTER trade may be on HOLD- PFT

0BREAKING:Wayne Hunter Trade May Be On Hold-Aug 28th, 2012 at 6:03 pm by Alan Schechter- JetsHome » Jets » BREAKING:Wayne Hunter Trade May Be On Hold

It has been reported late this afternoon that the trade involving Wayne Hunter and Jason Smith was not reported to the league by the 4 PM ET deadline. GM Mike Tannenbaum apparently was late in arriving to brief the media today, and now we apparently have the reason.

The trade isn’t guaranteed to be off, but now we unfortunately have to wait. And at the time of this post, Wayne Hunter is still officially a New York Jet.

In other news, the Jets were awarded Spencer Lanning off of waivers. He was formerly property of the Cleveland Browns. The Jets made a claim and were awarded the player. Also, injured TE Josh Baker was able to clear waivers, so that means that he reverts back to the Jets, and will be on their IR list.

We will keep you up to date with news on the Wayne Hunter situation as it becomes avaialble. Never a dull day in Florham Park.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    No conspiracy theory regarding the Wayne Hunter for Jason Smith trade. It's going through. Will be official by tomorrow, I'm told

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Also, injured TE Josh Baker was able to clear waivers, so that means that he reverts back to the Jets, and will be on their IR list.
    Good to hear. Should quiet the complainers about the Jets being cold-hearted for cutting an injured player considering they waived him in order to put him on the IR.

Howard Balzer ‏@HBalzer721
    Following up; am told Smith-Hunter deal completed. Will be official tomorrow.

Am glad they retained Baker. This dude was really shaping up this year.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Source says there is no snag in the trade. Both players passed their physicals. Not sure what the delay is announcing it

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Source says there is no snag in the trade. Both players passed their physicals. Not sure what the delay is announcing it
    My sources tell me the the Hunter trade was held up by the Jets while they were waiting to see if their waiver claim on Spencer Lanning went through. If it hadn't, the would have kept Hunter as a "Jumbo Punter".

Hall Of Fame
    Don't do this to me b!tches

League source says Smith deal was reworked and his Jets salary is $2.45 million, same as Hunter's

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    The way it works is Smith signed new contract w Rams before 4 p.m. with a $1.55M SB. Traded to Jets after 4 p.m

All Pro
    League source says Smith deal was reworked and his Jets salary is $2.45 million, same as Hunter's

The way it works is Smith signed new contract w Rams before 4 p.m. with a $1.55M SB. Traded to Jets after 4 p.m
    That's good news.

Jets Insider VIP

Nice work by Tanny.

Rookie
    Tanny is a cap guru. Unfortunately he isn't a good talent evaluator.

ok now the deal finally makes some financial sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    My sources tell me the the Hunter trade was held up by the Jets while they were waiting to see if their waiver claim on Spencer Lanning went through. If it hadn't, the would have kept Hunter as a "Jumbo Punter".

Am I the only one that reads this and thinks WTF? The only reason they where going to keep him was to be a "Jumbo Punter"? I'm starting to buy the Hunter has pictures of Tanny's wife rumors.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Am I the only one that reads this and thinks WTF? The only reason they where going to keep him was to be a "Jumbo Punter"? I'm starting to buy the Hunter has pictures of Tanny's wife rumors.
    I think there was an implied on the jumbo punter comment ...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Tanny is a cap guru. Unfortunately he isn't a good talent evaluator.
    I have no problem with Tanny being the guy who is assigned to work out the contract details on deals that are put together and OK'ed by a real GM.

The problem for us came when we decided to appoint someone as a rock star because they went to a concert once.

please tell me you were joking.

Hell yes baby!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I have no problem with Tanny being the guy who is assigned to work out the contract details on deals that are put together and OK'ed by a real GM.

The problem for us came when we decided to appoint someone as a rock star because they went to a concert once.
    QFT.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    I think there was an implied on the jumbo punter comment ...
    Much like the implied facepalm at the end of your comment. (<-- unimplied smiley)