Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Madden '13 Reveals Jets Wearing NY Titans Gear This Season

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's not about 'honoring' anything. It's about selling navy blue gear to fans who are usually stuck with bright green gear.

Love the Jets, but I can't wear bright green every day as it clashes with everything. My navy blue Titans hoodie goes with everything. The stuff sells. Maybe not the jerseys, but the rest certainly does and due to the size of the NY market that holiday revenue means a lot to the NFL and Nike. In fact, its conceivable that the NFL sells more NY Titans gear than Jacksonville Jaguars gear. The NY Titans might be the 30th most popular team.

SAR I
    Can't the org just sell the hoodies without having to force us to watch them playing in one of the worst uni's of all time? People would most definitely buy a throw back 80s or 90s jersey, ya know, a jersey that actually has something to do with the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    For the life of me I do not understand why the JETS throwback uniforms are of the Titans.

When the Titans moved to Shea there was new ownership and new name. The JETS are totally different than the Titans.

Add that the Titans won nothing and from all indications were a pathetically run organization that often bounced the checks for their own players and its ridiculous that the JETS would want any connection to this organization.

Why would the JETS honor such a losing franchise like the Titans when they could simply honor the teams of the early to mid 80s that were pretty competitive with classy players like Joe Klecko, Ken O'Brien, Al Toon, and Freeman McNeil?

The throwback uniform for the NY JETS should actually be the NY JETS uniform of the 1980s.

It is impossible to believe that the JETS would want to honor such a losing identity like that of the NY Titans.......
    100% agreed, what a joke

It's not about 'honoring' anything. It's about selling navy blue gear to fans who are usually stuck with bright green gear.

Love the Jets, but I can't wear bright green every day as it clashes with everything. My navy blue Titans hoodie goes with everything. The stuff sells. Maybe not the jerseys, but the rest certainly does and due to the size of the NY market that holiday revenue means a lot to the NFL and Nike. In fact, its conceivable that the NFL sells more NY Titans gear than Jacksonville Jaguars gear. The NY Titans might be the 30th most popular team.

SAR I
    are you insinuating that the NFL is a business??

They also have 1968 Home and Away uniforms, so does that mean we're going to see them as well? Also, they had the 1980's throwbacks in last years game ( this year as well) and they didn't wear them last year.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    For the life of me I do not understand why the JETS throwback uniforms are of the Titans.

When the Titans moved to Shea there was new ownership and new name. The JETS are totally different than the Titans.

Add that the Titans won nothing and from all indications were a pathetically run organization that often bounced the checks for their own players and its ridiculous that the JETS would want any connection to this organization.

Why would the JETS honor such a losing franchise like the Titans when they could simply honor the teams of the early to mid 80s that were pretty competitive with classy players like Joe Klecko, Ken O'Brien, Al Toon, and Freeman McNeil?

The throwback uniform for the NY JETS should actually be the NY JETS uniform of the 1980s.

It is impossible to believe that the JETS would want to honor such a losing identity like that of the NY Titans.......
    It's kinda like how the Titans wear Oilers throwbacks.

All Pro
    Isn't it usually announced what games will be throwback games? I am thinking if you look through every team on Madden they will all have some sort of throwback. My opinionis that Madden has the Titan jersey listed because that is what the team has deignated throwback in the past. Until they go with the 80's uniforms as throwbacks the won't change it.

That being said just because the game has it doesn't mean that they will be used this season. How can EA Sports know about the throwbacks when no announcement has been made.

Our throwback uniforms being ugly should be the biggest problem we face this season !!

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    It's kinda like how the Titans wear Oilers throwbacks.
    Not really.

The Tennessee Titans and the Houston Oilers are the same organization. They just moved geographically and changed their name.

The New York Jets and the Titans of New York are two completely seperate organizations.

The Jets wearing Titans of New York gear would be akin to the New York Mets wearing Brooklyn Dodger uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    Not really.

The Tennessee Titans and the Houston Oilers are the same organization. They just moved geographically and changed their name.

The New York Jets and the Titans of New York are two completely seperate organizations.

The Jets wearing Titans of New York gear would be akin to the New York Mets wearing Brooklyn Dodger uniforms.
    First half of this is true, the Dodger reference.... a bit of a stretch. There was never any relationship in ownership between Mets and Dodgers and a 4 year gap between teams. Also the Jets were the Jets for a season in the Polo Grounds, I believe.
    But I agree it's pretty ridiculous nonetheless.

Jets Insider VIP
    Your son's GT is NEBUL4S? XBOX or PS3?

I still want the 80's Uniforms as our Throwbacks.

That desire (in me) will never, ever, change.

All Pro
    It's also going to snow opening day, and this will happen:

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFranchise View Post

LOL, love how Hunter is staring him down.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Never lose your hope.

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    History has shown that we are not the best organization in the world so I can understand why the organization does stupid things. But, it is impossible for me to understand why there are a few fans who would buy such ridiculous uniforms. They are ugly as **** and have nothing to do with the Jets, as you point out.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    They also have 1968 Home and Away uniforms, so does that mean we're going to see them as well? Also, they had the 1980's throwbacks in last years game ( this year as well) and they didn't wear them last year.

Just saying.
    The other throwbacks don't have the Nike swoosh on them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFranchise View Post

The Bills are going to wear throwback Patriots uniforms?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Never?

20 years from now you're going to wish the Jets would wear the 2012-2013 Super Bowl Champion season throwbacks.

-Rex Ryan

Jets Insider VIP

SAR I
    You mean fans who spend hours every week on message boards?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    The Bills are going to wear throwback Patriots uniforms?
    You never know what those sneaky bastids will do...They will try anything to look like a winning team.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.

SAR I
    SAR is right. Sometimes I like to switch up the green/white and SAR's advice helped me decide to get a Titans cap. Plus, not everyone knows it's the Jets... a lot of Giants and Bills fans that all hate/mock the Jets around here in Upstate NY.

Still... I grew up with the green helmets (both witrh white and black trim)and would LOVE to see them play in them once or twice a year. Is it too much to ask Jets franchise?

Also dig the old Jet logo with an actual Jet. Bought TWO of those (white and khaki/green) at the Cortland Jets camp. Can't find it anywhere else. In fact I like that and the Super Bowl football-shaped one over our plain circular logo we have now.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 08-29-2012 at 03:49 PM.