Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Madden '13 Reveals Jets Wearing NY Titans Gear This Season

Madden '13 Reveals Jets Wearing NY Titans Gear This Season

My son noticed that the Jets have 2012 Nike versions of their NY Titans uniforms in the new Madden game released today. Some AFL teams have these noted as "2010 AFL Anniversary" versions without the Nike swoosh.

The game announcer in the "New To Madden" video specifically calls out that "all versions of new Nike alternate uniforms which will be worn this season are included".

The blue Titans uniform appears with the Nike swoosh, with redesigned socks. The white Titans appear as a 2010 AFL Anniversary version.

Don't shoot the messenger.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 08-28-2012 at 11:33 PM.

If this is accurate, then **** the Jets. Worthless uniforms. Just proves once again the organization doesn't care about the fans.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Are the pickle pants in the game too?

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Are the pickle pants in the game too?
    Yes. The pickles are listed as our standard away uniform pants. Officially, when we wear a white jersey we're supposed to wear the green pants. When we wear all-whites we are deviating by wearing road jerseys with home pants.

SAR I

Should be noted that the '68 uni's and mid-80's uni's are in the game too, but are not with Nike swoosh and not called out as "2012 Throwback".

Appears that we will only have blue Titans as a throwback and will wear them for at least one game.

My guess? Thanksgiving. The other two home teams wear their throwbacks traditionally, and we play the Patriots who wore their red AFL gems two years ago on turkey day.

SAR I

Veteran
    Jets should have an all-white option that's all white.

White fabric, white numbers, white stripes, white helmet, white decals, white everything - to honor Sparano's vanilla offense.

Might as well while they can cos Sparano won't be back next year.

Rex will get rid of him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I'm in the (very small) minority but I like em. Just for a game or two per season though.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Jets should have an all-white option that's all white.

White fabric, white numbers, white stripes, white helmet, white decals, white everything - to honor Sparano's vanilla offense.

Might as well while they can cos Sparano won't be back next year.

Rex will get rid of him.
    calm down, it's the preseason

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I'm in the (very small) minority but I like em. Just for a game or two per season though.

Hate the blue ones, love the whites.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 08-29-2012 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Hate the blue ones, love the whites.

SAR I

Agreed. It's impossible to read the names and numbers on the blue ones

For the life of me I do not understand why the JETS throwback uniforms are of the Titans.

When the Titans moved to Shea there was new ownership and new name. The JETS are totally different than the Titans.

Add that the Titans won nothing and from all indications were a pathetically run organization that often bounced the checks for their own players and its ridiculous that the JETS would want any connection to this organization.

Why would the JETS honor such a losing franchise like the Titans when they could simply honor the teams of the early to mid 80s that were pretty competitive with classy players like Joe Klecko, Ken O'Brien, Al Toon, and Freeman McNeil?

The throwback uniform for the NY JETS should actually be the NY JETS uniform of the 1980s.

It is impossible to believe that the JETS would want to honor such a losing identity like that of the NY Titans.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Agreed. It's impossible to read the names and numbers on the blue ones
    I much prefer the white Titans jersey to the new Nike ones based on aesthetics alone

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    For the life of me I do not understand why the JETS throwback uniforms are of the Titans.

When the Titans moved to Shea there was new ownership and new name. The JETS are totally different than the Titans.

Add that the Titans won nothing and from all indications were a pathetically run organization that often bounced the checks for their own players and its ridiculous that the JETS would want any connection to this organization.

Why would the JETS honor such a losing franchise like the Titans when they could simply honor the teams of the early to mid 80s that were pretty competitive with classy players like Joe Klecko, Ken O'Brien, Al Toon, and Freeman McNeil?

The throwback uniform for the NY JETS should actually be the NY JETS uniform of the 1980s.

It is impossible to believe that the JETS would want to honor such a losing identity like that of the NY Titans.......
    Perfectly stated.

At least they win most of the time when they wear these jerseys.

07-Eagles L
    07-Dolphins W
    08-Cards W
    08-Bengals W
    09-Titans W
    09-Raiders W
    09-Dolphins L
    11-Jags W

On another note: The game itself is really good. Wildcat with Tebow does not work as well as I had hoped

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I like them too. Im in the minority for the new Nike uniforms. While I don't like the way the uniforms becomes 2 different colors, I like the overall style.
    Last edited by BRONX JET; 08-29-2012 at 07:54 AM.

awesome news.

when we wear the Titans jerseys, we rarely play like the Same Old Jets

History has shown that we are not the best organization in the world so I can understand why the organization does stupid things. But, it is impossible for me to understand why there are a few fans who would buy such ridiculous uniforms. They are ugly as **** and have nothing to do with the Jets, as you point out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post

On another note: The game itself is really good. Wildcat with Tebow does not work as well as I had hoped
    Wow, then the game is really like real life then.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Wow, then the game is really like real life then.

It's not about 'honoring' anything. It's about selling navy blue gear to fans who are usually stuck with bright green gear.

Love the Jets, but I can't wear bright green every day as it clashes with everything. My navy blue Titans hoodie goes with everything. The stuff sells. Maybe not the jerseys, but the rest certainly does and due to the size of the NY market that holiday revenue means a lot to the NFL and Nike. In fact, its conceivable that the NFL sells more NY Titans gear than Jacksonville Jaguars gear. The NY Titans might be the 30th most popular team.

SAR I