Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican Convention

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Republican Convention

The RNC is dry.....dry like toast.

Ann Romney is so fake as to say she knows how hard women have it in this economy. She never worked.....

Rick Santorum needs to be ordained if he keeps talking about his journey raising a child with special needs. He acvts like he is the only person with a relative with a disability. I'm sure he's a great dad, and so called "ObamaCare", will help Rick when his daughter needs medical help.

Chris Christie needs to get over being elected in a heavily democratic state. California did it with Arnold.....and see how well that turned out?

John Boehner and his family bar stories.....needs to go run that bar again. At least in the bar, he will appear to be working....

Obama / Biden 2012

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    In other news....

http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/28/ms...by-a-minority/

MSNBC Abandons GOP Convention During Every Speech By A Minority

One of the left’s favorite attacks on the Republican Party is that it is the party of old white people, devoid of diversity and probably racist.

If you were watching MSNBC’s coverage of the Republican National Convention in Tampa on Tuesday night, you might believe those assertions, since missing from the coverage was nearly every ethnic minority that spoke during Tuesday’s festivities.

In lieu of airing speeches from former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis, a black American; Mia Love, a black candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives from Utah; and Texas senatorial hopeful Ted Cruz, a Latino American, MSNBC opted to show commentary anchored by Rachel Maddow from Rev. Al Sharpton, Ed Schultz, Chris Matthews, Chris Hayes and Steve Schmidt.

Throughout this convention, Matthews has accused the Republicans of playing dog-whistle racist politics while on scene in Tampa. It isn’t clear, however, if Matthews will hurl accusations of racism at Davis, Love or Cruz for speeches his network failed to broadcast.

Follow Jeff on Twitter

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    In case you missed it, Fox's coverage (which aired on Fox Business), also cut out for commentary in the middle of Davis' speech.

Just sayin'

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    No mainstream coverage the OBAMA 2016 movie either. The PRESS is a joke and you get bleeding liberals with the audacity, literal audacity to complain about ONE conservative station.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    The PRESS is a joke and you get bleeding liberals with the audacity, literal audacity to complain about ONE conservative station.
    Complain about Fox? They blame Fox for whatever ails America, you name it: deficits, the weather, racism - all attributed to Fox's influence. Talk about audacity.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have any comments on the Christie speech?

Or seen Buster? I'm a little worried his head may have exploded at about 10:45 last night.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    He should've been the nominee...he'd make a great candidate

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post

Or seen Buster? I'm a little worried his head may have exploded at about 10:45 last night.
    I have mixed feelings about his speech personally. The speech itself was great. Pointing out the Respect vs Love argument was nice. My issue with the speeches in general was that they seemingly went out of their way not to go after Obama. I don't agree with that as a political strategy. I was hoping to see Christie list the failures of the Obama Administration and he simply didn't do that.

It goes without saying that Ann Romney was fantastic. Anyone that was watching would agree that she did a great job.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I have mixed feelings about his speech personally. The speech itself was great. Pointing out the Respect vs Love argument was nice. My issue with the speeches in general was that they seemingly went out of their way not to go after Obama. I don't agree with that as a political strategy. I was hoping to see Christie list the failures of the Obama Administration and he simply didn't do that.

It goes without saying that Ann Romney was fantastic. Anyone that was watching would agree that she did a great job.
    Rick Santorum's speech only went after Obama...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    That's probably because nobody wants him talking about his own beliefs...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't see Santorums speech. Had a fantasy football draft last night. The prime time speeches are the ones the "average swing voter" watches. These people probably don't know much about Obama's record.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Santorum is obsessed with hands and his grandfather was obviously the last man on earth to ever work with his hands.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    That's probably because nobody wants him talking about his own beliefs...
    As a conservative...Santorum repulses me. HE and those like him are the problem with the conservative movement as people believe all repubs are like him. I assure you we are not.

I get the whole religious aspect of our country but we have serious issues and abortion, while very serious, is not in my top 5.

The ship could be sinking and he would be praying instead of bailing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    As a conservative...Santorum repulses me. HE and those like him are the problem with the conservative movement as people believe all repubs are like him. I assure you we are not.

I get the whole religious aspect of our country but we have serious issues and abortion, while very serious, is not in my top 5.

The ship could be sinking and he would be praying instead of bailing.
    +1

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    What, exactly, did you find to be so fantasic?

Specificly.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What, exactly, did you find to be so fantasic?

Specificly.
    I liked it...she came across as warm, honest, intelligent, and 100% behind her husband with no personal agenda.

As for Christy's speech, I don't get the hoopla, it was predictable and self centered imho.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I liked it...she came across as warm, honest, intelligent, and 100% behind her husband with no personal agenda.
    Which means what to an average voter, policy wise?

I am sure she's a wonderful, exceptionally rich, woman. If she were running, I'd be interested to know what she thinks of policies X, Y and Z.

But her being honest, warm and smart means what to me if I'm picking a President? Alot of folks thinsk Michelle Obama is the greatest female whose ever lived....to which my only reply is "so"?

As for Christy's speech, I don't get the hoopla, it was predictable and self centered imho.
    Christie in a nutshell.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
    The RNC is dry.....dry like toast.

Ann Romney is so fake as to say she knows how hard women have it in this economy. She never worked.....

Rick Santorum needs to be ordained if he keeps talking about his journey raising a child with special needs. He acvts like he is the only person with a relative with a disability. I'm sure he's a great dad, and so called "ObamaCare", will help Rick when his daughter needs medical help.

Chris Christie needs to get over being elected in a heavily democratic state. California did it with Arnold.....and see how well that turned out?

John Boehner and his family bar stories.....needs to go run that bar again. At least in the bar, he will appear to be working....

Obama / Biden 2012
    Did Obama ever work?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ann Romney helped humanize Mitt, and explain to women what's to like about him, regardless of the Obama mis-statements. This was necessary given the liberal "mitt and republicans hate women" ad campaign. I also liked Gov Haley's (r- SC). speech. Although she came off as arrogant she didn't pull any punches with regards to her and SC's problems with the Obama administration. From him suing the state for passing a law requiring an ID to vote, to the administration suing Boeing for trying to set up shop in the state. Chris Christie was good, but he seemed too happy with himself.