Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gary johnson 2012!!!

All League

gary johnson 2012!!!

how this guy only has four percent of the vote in most straw poles is unbelievable. im spreading the word because the other two candidates are amazingly awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x9bkXVccAs

All Pro
    oh great

another B. Hussein enabler

All League
    simply amazing!!!! i agree with most of what the guy says except for the bashing of the founding fathers....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    He's probably getting my vote in this election.

All Pro
    Virgil Goode in 2012!

Obvioulsy two ways to look at it, throw away vote or we'll never get a third party vuable without incrementally upping the 3rd party vote, significantly. All a matter of what's more important to you, getting rid off the incumbant/voting against a turd, or voting the candidate you truly feel matches your values the closest.

I'm likely voting for Mittens b/c Obama is that bad, but it's with negative enthusiasm. Just gonna hope for best worst choice....again.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    simply amazing!!!! i agree with most of what the guy says except for the bashing of the founding fathers....
    Larken Rose is a pretty well thought-out and well spoken anarchist.

www.larkenrose.com

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    He's probably getting my vote in this election.
    +1

Voting in NJ, it makes sense.

If I lived in a swing state though, this time around, I'd probably go Romney. Even though he's far from ideal, I wouldn't mind sticking him in there as a temporary buffer from total self-destruction, then vote Libertarian again in 2016.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    +1

Voting in NJ, it makes sense.

If I lived in a swing state though, this time around, I'd probably go Romney. Even though he's far from ideal, I wouldn't mind sticking him in there as a temporary buffer from total self-destruction, then vote Libertarian again in 2016.
    understandable. being in NY, I might as well give Gary Johnson the nod.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Some days I think I should be a pragmatist, vote the lesser of two unquestionable evils.

Then on other days, I remember I don't usually work that way.

Vote your beleifs, the chips will fall as they may.

A smart man will weather any storms (and profit from them) coming anyway.

Some days I think I should be a pragmatist, vote the lesser of two unquestionable evils.

Then on other days, I remember I don't usually work that way.

Vote your beleifs, the chips will fall as they may.

A smart man will weather any storms (and profit from them) coming anyway.
    So why vote Johnson? Is he really the person you would pick to be president, if you can write in anyone you want? If not, why not write in that ideal person?

All Pro
    Gary Johnson will be getting my vote.

Although I live in a swing state and my vote is "more important" than most other posters on this board, I have vowed that I will no longer be an enabler of the failing bipartisan plutocracy that has gripped our nation.

The country needs true reform, and it's not going to happen under the watch of the current establishment, which differs mostly in rhetoric, not policy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    So why vote Johnson? Is he really the person you would pick to be president, if you can write in anyone you want? If not, why not write in that ideal person?
    Are you running?

Hall Of Fame
    Are you running?
    And do we write in "doggin" on the ballot?

All League
    OVER A MILLION AND A HALF AMERICANS were arrested last year on drug charges, and nearly 40% of those arrests were for marijuana possession alone. Does this make sense?

A recent Gallup poll reports that 46% of Americans now agree that marijuana should be legalized, a dramatic increase in support that reflects Americans' increased knowledge and understanding of the issue. Proposals to regulate marijuana similarly to alcohol have been considered in several states, and Governor Johnson has supported those efforts; he believes the federal government should end its prohibition mandate and allow each state to pursue its own desired policy.
    Governor Johnson believes it is insane to arrest roughly 800,000 people a year for choosing to use a natural substance that is, by any reasonable objective standard, less harmful than alcohol, a drug that is advertised at every major sporting event.
    As Governor Johnson often points out to concerned parents, "it will never be legal for a person to smoke marijuana, become impaired, and get behind the wheel of a car or otherwise do harm to others, and it will never be legal for kids to smoke marijuana." But we have to understand that marijuana is our nation's #1 cash crop despite the prohibition; it will always be available to those who really wish to use it.
    When polled, high school kids say marijuana is easier to get than alcohol. Perhaps this is because they buy from black market dealers who do not ask for ID?
    Legalization of marijuana would instantly and dramatically improve conditions on our southern border. Marijuana is Mexico's #1 illegal export; legalizing it would result in dramatically reducing the power and wealth of the drug lords, and instantly helping to restore stability in a nation whose stability and sustainability is truly vital to our economic and national security interests. If we truly wish to reduce border violence, take the profit out of it.

my vote will end up with the libretarian party.

i was on the fence with romney but still considered voting for him. but the fact that i have not even heard from him or his camp directly about bringing the troops home was strike one. romney care was strike three. and his "crusade" to outlaw even medicinal marijuana was the nail in the coffin for me.

Are you running?
    Constitutionally barred, I'm too young

No, it was a serious question. I'm assuming Johnson isn't your "best person if I could pick anyone in the world to be president", just because the odds of any actual candidate fitting that description for any one voter are astronomically high against. If he is, then never mind. But if he isn't, then isn't voting for Johnson (rather than writing in your ideal candidate) also a compromise of your ideals to pragmatism (you're voting Johnson not because he's the best man for the job, in your opinion, but because he's the best available choice)?

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    And do we write in "doggin" on the ballot?
    When I run, yes.

Gary Johnson is getting my vote.
    There is very little difference between Romney and Obama: both will suck us dry in an effort to keep the banking establishment afloat.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Gary Johnson is getting my vote.
    There is very little difference between Romney and Obama: both will suck us dry in an effort to keep the banking establishment afloat.
    gary johnson's platform on the federal reserve:

THE FEDERAL RESERVE SHOULD BE TRANSPARENT and its actions held to the same level of scrutiny as any other federal department.

The American people deserve to know the extent to which the Fed has purchased private assets at home and abroad.
    Many Americans have become interested in the Federal Reserve in recent years. America's representatives in Washington, D.C. need to also become a lot more interested in how this government institution affects the American economy.
    The role and the activities of the Federal Reserve are long overdue for examination, reassessment, and ultimately, thoughtful reform. Can the Federal Reserve pursue both stable prices and full employment, or does its currency manipulation cause malinvestment, inflation, and prolonged unemployment?
    Conduct an audit to provide true transparency of the Federal Reserve's lending practices.
    Establish clear Congressional oversight.
    Get the Federal Reserve out of the business of printing money and buying debt through quantitative easing.

Hall Of Fame
    well that's odd. I would expect Gary Johnson to know that the Federal Reserve is not a government agency.