Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mehta: Coples backtracks on complaints over playing time

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    Coples seems to say all the right things. Rex was a little annoyed because Coples was winded. Coples admitted it, and said he needs to work on it.

Does anyone else think it's funny that we typically have players that are great when it doesn't count (Ratliff / Clowney come to mind), but stink when it does - and now we have Coples, who apparently doesn't look very good in practices, but looks great come game day?
    There are just some guys that play better when the lights come on.

As long as the player and especially young players realize that practicing doing it right makes it easier to do it right on game day. Having bad practice habits will limit a players ceiling.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I see the same thing lol. That could be construed as lack of intensity. Talk about a sleeping giant, I wouldn't want to see this guy when he's pissed..

I would...as long as it's on a football field...taking it out against an opponent

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why the hell does Rex bring it up in a press conference? Don't blame the media for following up. your anger is misplaced.
    So your reply to Rex didn't say it was to say why does he say it?

Some in the press over blows it, why should he change and stop giving info to those who don't over blow it?

Rather have to filter through the Mehtas of the world than getting nothing out of someone like paranoid Bill

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Maybe this is me, but doesn't Coples ALWAYS have that sad look? To me, he always looks like today is the worst day of his life. That said, he always goes out and BALLS.

Quinton Coples, Ball So Hard University.
    +1, True. Who cares about the look on his face, it's his face. They want him to work harder during practice, cause it makes him a better player. If he's this good now, imagine with more work during the week.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    So your reply to Rex didn't say it was to say why does he say it?

Some in the press over blows it, why should he change and stop giving info to those who don't over blow it?

Rather have to filter through the Mehtas of the world than getting nothing out of someone like paranoid Bill
    Other than Jenny Vrentas, name a NY Jets media person or a national media person, who writes for a publication (written or electronic), and I don't mean twitter or a fan blog or anything like that, that doesn't overblow what Ryan says.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember when Mehta introduced himself here, I had high hopes. Now he's just another guy who writes stories about unnamed sources and tries to sensationalize whatever he can find.