Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vontae Davis getting traded on HK

Jets Insider VIP
    the good part of the trade for the LOLphins is that they can use that second round pick to draft the NEXT "NEXT MARINO" next April after Ryan "Leaf" Tannehill proves to be a total BUST and David Garrard and Matt Moore go elsewhere as free agents to excape from the Regis Philbin error

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I dont think the Colts made a smart move by trading a 2nd for Davis.
    Good answer. Any reply from me would be purely defensive.

How about when Ryan Tannenhill couldnt name the teams in the division. Smart kid.

All Pro
    the good part of the trade for the LOLphins is that they can use that second round pick to draft the NEXT "NEXT MARINO"
    Lets hope the dolphins dont wise up and fire that clown they have as GM. They now have two 2nds(Davis trade) and two 3rds(Marshall trade). And most likely will have the #1 overall pick in nexts years draft.

I do not want someone who knows what they are doing to make those picks. Keep Ireland!

Veteran
    Lets hope the dolphins dont wise up and fire that clown they have as GM. They now have two 2nds(Davis trade) and two 3rds(Marshall trade). And most likely will have the #1 overall pick in nexts years draft.

I do not want someone who knows what they are doing to make those picks. Keep Ireland!
    If they do get the top pick it will be interesting what they wil do. Barkley may have a great senior season and heisman. I will be watching USC this year that's for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    He wasn't oblivious, he was in shock.

And they told him that he had to leave right away because the Colts wanted him with the team as soon as possible. The storm was coming in and they needed him on a flight out of Miami before it hit.

I took it a different way, although sure there was a element of surprise... he was indifferent.... It was an awkward scene... The notion of calling your grandmother as your first instinct was a bit strange.... GM attempt at constructive feedback was a little too late... Overall seemed like an odd exchange of dialogue....

GM should have kept it short and sweet.. Thanked the Player for his contribuitons, would have indicated that they made deal in best interests of team and received a very generous offer...

Both Ireland and Philbin are coming across as in over their head douches.

The coaching staff evaluated him, decided he was not good enough to be a starter and shipped him off.

But his best buddy dansby is really giving an unbiased assesment? ok.
    WTF are you saying? The Colts liked him enough to give up a 2nd round pick for him and plan on having him be a big part of their defense for the next 5+ years. He WAS their best corner, and arguably the 2nd best corner in the division. The coaching staff had issues with his attitude, not his talent.

Saying he wasn't good enough to start for Miami is rediculous

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    I took it a different way, although sure there was a element of surprise... he was indifferent.... It was an awkward scene... The notion of calling your grandmother as your first instinct was a bit strange.... GM attempt at constructive feedback was a little too late... Overall seemed like an odd exchange of dialogue....

GM should have kept it short and sweet.. Thanked the Player for his contribuitons, would have indicated that they made deal in best interests of team and received a very generous offer...
    I agree with most of this. My only difference is Vontae's reaction. He was shocked! The 'Grandma' line could be because she lives with him and needed to start packing? JMO.
    Ireland is a doo-shay and this show has validated it. He played to the camera, knowing this was a big 'scene'.
    OT: the lax/TE getting cut was tough. Obviously their TE coach thinks a lot of the kid but he is just not an NFL TE yet. Hope he puts 20 lbs of muscle on and is in Cortland next summer.

Watched Davis cover and from what I saw he looked better than cro. On the jets we would shut down all.

i think it was a smart move....with him they win 8 games( just to throw a number) with out him they win 5......whats the big difference?? .........it all depends what they get with that 2.......y really think it had to do more with the attitude of the player....that coach does not like a player even saying ****

If you are not contending this year and you have no intention of resigning the player when his contract is up, why would you not take a second round pick for him?

Davis has shown up drunk to practices etc. His play has fallen off dramatically. Bash the dolphins and they do deserve it, but getting a 2nd for Davis is an absolute steal.
    Let's not go Steven A here... You, and the headlines, make it sound like the guy staggered in clutching a bottle of cheap wine when in fact:

"But the reason most responsible and most alarming about Davis missing Sunday's game against the Chiefs is that the Dolphins believe Davis was drunk the night before the Saturday practice to which he was late. And when he showed up at the Miami facility, a source said Davis had the smell of alcohol and was suffering from an apparent hangover."

"Davis and several other teammates had apparently been out late Friday. Davis was the only one late."

I'm not excusing what happened, but twisting the facts and spreading b#llsh!t is just wrong, for reporters and anyone else.

Other than maybe character/ attitude issues, this move doesn't seem to make sense from Miami's stand point. He's their best corner, and is probably near the top 10 best in the league, and in a division where you're trying (presumably) to unseat New England, how do you plan to go about doing that when you have to try to stop Tom Brady while giving your best cornerback away? Maybe the second rounder turns into a great pick, maybe not, but that's a long way down the road, and I wouldn't be surprised if Davis has a very good year with the Colts in the meantime. Time will tell, but at least from our standpoint, it should make beating Miami a little bit easier, hopefully...

Bewildered Beast
    What are you basing that on? The guy was benched he was playing so bad. Hes never been to a pro bowl.
    Why must you poop on Jim Irsay and his trade of this century?