Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: And the problem with the Jets offense is...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

And the problem with the Jets offense is...

How many of you now have a different opinion of Schotty given our offensive struggles ? To me it's pretty obvious that he was indeed thrown under the bus and it will be interesting to see what happens if the Jets offense continues to struggle.

If you could list two things that are the root cause of this teams offensive struggles what would they be ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pre and season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    what struggles?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "obvious"?

why?

you DO realize you're only watching preseason games, right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    dump.

It's amazing these Schitty sympathizers still exist. In six seasons, the Jets never fielded a good offense, aside from when Favre told him to **** off and ran his own offense. It was time to move on.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    when I say "pre," you say "season"

"pre"

"pre?"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't this a common theme of the OP?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    Isn't this a common theme of the OP?
    Yes. He's a chowd troll.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    and pls stop asking to see the wildcat until week 1, or never

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    How many of you now have a different opinion of Schotty given our offensive struggles ? To me it's pretty obvious that he was indeed thrown under the bus and it will be interesting to see what happens if the Jets offense continues to struggle.

If you could list two things that are the root cause of this teams offensive struggles what would they be ?
    Lack of offensive skill position players, period. We are weak at WR, RB and TE. If we had explosive WRs we could have dumped Holmes or at least moved him to the slot where he belongs. As it stands he is our #1 and that's lame.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    when I say "pre," you say "season"

"pre"

"pre?"
    I wouldn't be so giddy with this excuse. How many past seasons have use the vanilla bean as distraction for the real problem on offense? If we can't execute the plain plays ,what confidence is there we can turn it on during the regular season?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a Schotty supporter at all. I believe his offense was too damn complicated and was not designed for the talent of this team but I was expecting to see SOME offense points in the form of TD's in preseason even though I understand it doesn't mean anything

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    dump.

It's amazing these Schitty sympathizers still exist. In six seasons, the Jets never fielded a good offense, aside from when Favre told him to **** off and ran his own offense. It was time to move on.
    Part of the problem is you can't feel good about Ryan and Tann's track record or skills in drafting and fielding an effective offense. We need a Parcels in the front office for a year or 3 ... are you listening Woody ... ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a Schotty supporter at all. I believe his offense was too damn complicated and was not designed for the talent of this team but I was expecting to see SOME offense points in the form of TD's in preseason even though I understand it doesn't mean anything
    So basically you have no ****ing clue what you're talking about.

Got it.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait til Sanchez puts a fat ass 40 burger on the Bills week 1 so all the "SOJ"/"problems on offense" drama can come to a cease!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look, Schotty may not have had it great with personnel but make no mistake the guy was to blame at least as much as every other reason, likely more. I have never seen an OC call more plays that are directly the opposite of what should be strategically called at the moment. I can recall countless incidents.

There was a game last season where we ran the ball 4 or 5 times in a row with a ton of success. Schotty dials up a pass play, not a problem in my book because the defense was now creeping up and playing close to the line to stop the run. This was a perfect time to go deep on them. What does Schotty call? A screen. You're conceding the fact that the defense is likely adjusting to the run after being gashed 5 times in a row by calling a pass play, but then call the one pass play that will likely get snuffed out by a defense playing up close to the line. Result was a loss of 4-6 yards.

Last season and actually a few times against BAL the BAL defense was blitzing with reckless abandon. CB's were playing close press defense. Ironically this is probably the best time to call a screen that was called in the previous scenario, so what does Schotty call? A no look quick screen out to the WR where Mark is passing blind to the WR while the CB is already up in press coverage. Result? Pick 6 both times that I can recall.

Last season against BUF I believe. We were backed up against our own End Zone. We come to the line in a Jumbo package with Holmes as the single receiver. LT was in the backfield and stayed back to block once the play began. Holmes ended up as the only receiver going out for the pass on the play. By the time Mark took the snap his feet were in the EZ and the blitz was heavy. Think about that, schotty dialed up a play, knowing Mark would be in the EZ at risk for a safety, that gave him one, ONE receiving option. So the only choice Mark had was take a Safety or force the pass to Holmes. He forced the pass to Holmes for a pick 6. Mark should have taken the safety, but that play was absolutely the worst call an OC can make.

Let's also not forget his "too tricky for you" offensive strategy to fool the defense by having a useless FB run out of formation into 5 wide sets, basically making himself useless in the play, except for that awesome fool the defense move of frantically flailing his arms just before the snap as if that will fool the D.

Let's also not forget how he pretty much forced every QB to take the clock down to 1 everytime so the D could pretty much pin their ears back and time the snap.

Let's not forget his awesome strategy of tricking the Giants by throwing 59 or so times into one of the best pass defenses in the league.

You have an agenda to bash Sanchez at every turn, I get it. Alot of it is deserved, Sanchez needs to improve. But to actually call Schotty a scapegoat only proves that your agenda is completely devoid of factual analysis or reality.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He was a large part of evaluating(and overestimating) the talent on offense, so I can't say anything I have seen so far is changing my opinion of him.

I never got the impression that he was able to devise ways to utilize the various talents that came through this organization. Rather, he seemed to be a guy who thought players should fit his 'system'.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bull**** you just proclaimed his the scapegoat.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Sanchez

2. Sanchez

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Let's not forget his awesome strategy of tricking the Giants by throwing 59 or so times into one of the best pass defenses in the league.
    29th against the pass