Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70

Thread: And the problem with the Jets offense is...

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    29th against the pass
    I believe he meant pass rush.

  2. #42
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,502
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    How many of you now have a different opinion of Schotty given our offensive struggles ? To me it's pretty obvious that he was indeed thrown under the bus and it will be interesting to see what happens if the Jets offense continues to struggle.

    If you could list two things that are the root cause of this teams offensive struggles what would they be ?
    Lack of execution on pass plays
    Lack of execution on run plays.

    They simply are not executing, even when running a "Vanilla" game plan, the players will succeed if the unit as a whole executes each and every play.

    They also tend to do dumb things, like penalties in the middle of a drive.

  3. #43
    Hahahahaha. Preseason dude.

    Do you realize that Schotty offenses sucked for the past 8 years?

  4. #44
    From what I saw in the Panther's game the only thing wrong with the offense was the receivers couldn't catch the damn ball.

  5. #45
    The atrocious play calling at the goal line in the Pitt AFCCG cost the NY Jets a trip to the SB. Greene was trucking Steelers all over the field and at the goal line he throws a slant on one play and then runs Tomlinson on another.

    He should have been fired then

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    The atrocious play calling at the goal line in the Pitt AFCCG cost the NY Jets a trip to the SB. Greene was trucking Steelers all over the field and at the goal line he throws a slant on one play and then runs Tomlinson on another.

    He should have been fired then
    i've seen this theory before. The Jets got a safety and the ball back so i don't think that's why they lost the game in PIT. More likely explanation was falling behind 17-0 in the first half, on the road. Widespread failures on both sides of the football. Emotionally the team was spent after the Pats win. It happens. I find it a stretch to put that loss on Schotty.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Hill currently runs like he's got 5.3 speed. he's not going to be an impact palyer this year. Holmes will not have a huge year because he's not an explosive playmaking reciever.
    Did u watch the game?
    Hill got himself open a lot. Hell, last year Plax never got that kind of separation the entire year.
    Hills problem isn't running, it's controlling his body when he breaks down to catch a pass.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    last time we lost to Buffalo Oct 09'. 16-13 Schotty had a rookie Sanchez throw 29 times in the wind. Thomas Jones had 22 carries for 210 yds, Leon Washington had 15 carries for 99 yds. We didn't have to throw the ball at all!!!!
    WOW... How could anyone defend Schotty, or go as far as to say "he'd make a good HC" or even say "he knows football, just lacks a feel for the game"?
    I was so furious watching this game, I was screaming for Shoddys head on a stick Lord of the Flies style.
    Do you know that no team had EVER lost a game in the history of the NFL while rushing for over 300 yards.
    Another CRAZY NY Jets record.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    The atrocious play calling at the goal line in the Pitt AFCCG cost the NY Jets a trip to the SB. Greene was trucking Steelers all over the field and at the goal line he throws a slant on one play and then runs Tomlinson on another.

    He should have been fired then
    this was the last straw for me. after that series of goal line play calls, i couldn't understand how he could possibly still have a job. a slant and then a goal line run with tomlinson? when greene had been beasting the entire drive? bullsh*t

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Leon View Post
    this was the last straw for me. after that series of goal line play calls, i couldn't understand how he could possibly still have a job. a slant and then a goal line run with tomlinson? when greene had been beasting the entire drive? bullsh*t
    I remember Greene beasting & saying shove that ball right up their azzes & well the rest is history.
    What a let down.

  11. #51
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Leon View Post
    this was the last straw for me. after that series of goal line play calls, i couldn't understand how he could possibly still have a job. a slant and then a goal line run with tomlinson? when greene had been beasting the entire drive? bullsh*t
    It was typical of Shotty's tendency to try and be too cute instead of continuing something that is working and succeeding in outsmarting only himself.
    We used to kid around at home games that if we saw a play that was successful, we wouldn't see it again.

  12. #52
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    It was typical of Shotty's tendency to try and be too cute instead of continuing something that is working and succeeding in outsmarting only himself.
    We used to kid around at home games that if we saw a play that was successful, we wouldn't see it again.
    Which is why I think Sparano will be good for us. Did you see the series in the Carolina game that went, Greene off right guard for 7, Greene off right guard for six 1st down. At that point Collinsworth said "they ran the same play twice in a row and Panthers couldn't stop it let's see if they do it again" Greene off right guard minimal gain. I actually liked what Collinsworth said (one of the few times) that's good play calling if they can't stop it , run it 'til they do". I think Sparano will bring that, don't be so cute that we outsmart our offense.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    It was typical of Shotty's tendency to try and be too cute instead of continuing something that is working and succeeding in outsmarting only himself.
    We used to kid around at home games that if we saw a play that was successful, we wouldn't see it again.
    Living in enemy territory, I have a lot of Patriot friends that used to watch games with me.
    They could not believe that I could tell them what was coming.
    Running the ball well, 3rd & 2.

    I would say, Shot gun, empty backfield, defense knows we have to pass, play to the flat, tackled by 10 guys.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i've seen this theory before. The Jets got a safety and the ball back so i don't think that's why they lost the game in PIT. More likely explanation was falling behind 17-0 in the first half, on the road. Widespread failures on both sides of the football. Emotionally the team was spent after the Pats win. It happens. I find it a stretch to put that loss on Schotty.
    Bit, that play calling in that spot was horrific. The D had finally caught up to the Steelers O and the Jets had a long clock consuming drive that ended in 0 points.

    The Jets D then recorded a Safety. No doubt that there were several other factors however, it had a severe impact on the game at that time.

    That play selection was ALL on Schotty. He failed on the job.

  15. #55
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    dump.

    It's amazing these Schitty sympathizers still exist. In six seasons, the Jets never fielded a good offense, aside from when Favre told him to **** off and ran his own offense. It was time to move on.
    This. And it's pre-season.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    How many of you now have a different opinion of Schotty given our offensive struggles ? To me it's pretty obvious that he was indeed thrown under the bus and it will be interesting to see what happens if the Jets offense continues to struggle.

    If you could list two things that are the root cause of this teams offensive struggles what would they be ?
    We don't have the quality and depth of personnel on offense that Brian Schittyheimer had from 2008-2011. The guy is a clown and he wlil be exposed this season the same way Eric Mangini and Herm Edwards were exposed once they went to different, less talented teams.

  17. #57
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    How many of you now have a different opinion of Schotty given our offensive struggles ? To me it's pretty obvious that he was indeed thrown under the bus and it will be interesting to see what happens if the Jets offense continues to struggle.

    If you could list two things that are the root cause of this teams offensive struggles what would they be ?
    The problem is the hype of what we might do...we should have practiced some but didnt and I hope it works out against the bills...but im soo excited i dont care unless we win...

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    The problem is the hype of what we might do...we should have practiced some but didnt and I hope it works out against the bills...but im soo excited i dont care unless we win...
    Is your avatar a real photo? I ask cuz Mike Francesa really likes horses.

  19. #59
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    According to the Shotty haters its vanilla and preseason.
    No, that would be what anyone who has watch the pre season games would call the offense so far

  20. #60
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,767
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i've seen this theory before. The Jets got a safety and the ball back so i don't think that's why they lost the game in PIT. More likely explanation was falling behind 17-0 in the first half, on the road. Widespread failures on both sides of the football. Emotionally the team was spent after the Pats win. It happens. I find it a stretch to put that loss on Schotty.
    +1. That one was squarely onm our vaunted defense and those responsible for our team's general preparedness.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us