Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: And the problem with the Jets offense is...

  1. #61
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,884
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    +1. That one was squarely onm our vaunted defense and those responsible for our team's general preparedness.
    Sometimes the NY Jets O has to pick up the D. That was one of those times.

  2. #62
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,586
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    They were NOT playing like that by the time we faced them and they definitely had one of the best pass rushing defenses in the league. There was nothing that said throwing 59 times against them was the way to go no matter who your QB was.
    I didn't watch the game but if the giants were playing the run and having a safety in the box, the read is pass. The giants probably went into the game saying they will forse Sanchez to beat them by taking away the running game. he running game. If the giants are playing 8 in the box are you going to run or pass?

  3. #63
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    Can't wait til Sanchez puts a fat ass 40 burger on the Bills week 1 so all the "SOJ"/"problems on offense" drama can come to a cease!
    Nothing would make me happier but I wont hold my breath.

  4. #64
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Sometimes the NY Jets O has to pick up the D. That was one of those times.
    Understood. But going down by 17 in Pittsburgh in the championship game is not just some random game where the Offense needs to cover for a sub-par defense. It is spotting the best team in the AFC more than two touchdowns on their home field in a huge game.

    Frankly I was shocked that the Steelers played so soft in the 2nd half and nearly let us get all the way back into it.

  5. #65
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    3,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    If you could list two things that are the root cause of this teams offensive struggles what would they be ?
    Rex ryan doesn't care as much about offense as he does defense. that's where it all starts.

  6. #66
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,884
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Understood. But going down by 17 in Pittsburgh in the championship game is not just some random game where the Offense needs to cover for a sub-par defense. It is spotting the best team in the AFC more than two touchdowns on their home field in a huge game.

    Frankly I was shocked that the Steelers played so soft in the 2nd half and nearly let us get all the way back into it.
    That TO just before halftime did not help either side of the ball and that was done by the O. It turned a fighting hole into a sink hole.

    This season, I hope that the new OC has a feel for the game and makes better calls with the O. In '09 and '10 Brad Smith injected life into the NY Jets with his plays on ST's and on the O at crucial times (1St Steelers game)

    He was missed last year. Let's hope Tebow can replace him.

  7. #67
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    dump.

    It's amazing these Schitty sympathizers still exist. In six seasons, the Jets never fielded a good offense, aside from when Favre told him to **** off and ran his own offense. It was time to move on.
    +1 Take a dump on this thread.

    The O was deader than Lazarus with Shoddy at the helm. And some people want him back??!???

  8. #68
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The grasp of Realityville
    Posts
    3,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I didn't watch the game but if the giants were playing the run and having a safety in the box, the read is pass. The giants probably went into the game saying they will forse Sanchez to beat them by taking away the running game. he running game. If the giants are playing 8 in the box are you going to run or pass?
    4.5 YPC in the second half while the Jets dropped back 35+ times

  9. #69
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    7,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    How many of you now have a different opinion of Schotty given our offensive struggles ? To me it's pretty obvious that he was indeed thrown under the bus and it will be interesting to see what happens if the Jets offense continues to struggle.

    If you could list two things that are the root cause of this teams offensive struggles what would they be ?

    ... deserving of a bump ... s*ck it pal ...








    l_j_r

  10. #70
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,029
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, we're now 1-4. Oh wait, what's that you say? The pre-season doesn't count? You mean the games where the Jests, er Jets, kept tripping over their own feet don't count? So we're actually 1-0? What about all those three and outs, and failed 3rd and 1s, and Sanchez's pick 6? Don't those count toward the official stats?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us