Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why all the Sanchez hate?

What really got to me was after the Panthers game.

ESPN didn't even put Mark's stats on the bottom line, OR show one of the 15 great throws that he made in their highlights. The only Sanchez play they showed was when he tried to scramble near on 3rd and goal.

They showed Tebow's one good throw to Hill and the 20 yrd running around like a damn chicken with his head cut off scramble ending in ridiculous fist pumping...

NFL network for the week before that game was running a bottom line comment "Jets try to figure out their QB situation against the Panthers". I also haven't seen any of Sanchez's great plays in any highlights here, but they've shown Tebow's good and bad plays when talking about how anemic the Jets offense is.

Then they let Heath Evans go full retard over Tebow

They both have an agenda because Tebow makes them more money period.

I hate to say it but when the whole league and all of it's teams and fan bases think your Qb after viewing him for a few years is nothing special then they are probably more likely to be right than the hometown fans.

I certainly don't hate Sanchez and hope to heck he plays at a super high level because that is the only way we are going to win but one also can't stick their head in the sand and not see the deficiencies in his game and actually hold him accountable for them.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    We live in NY and that is the price of admission. It is the media capital of the planet. If you want an easier time from the media, either as a fan or as a player then move to buttf&*k Iowa or some such.

As it is this Owner and this GM have actively courted the media for years and they do not really seem to care if the Jets come across as being a clownish organization so long as we get the back pages. Specifically now with this whole Tebow move, when we find ourselves as fans having to deal with the 3 millionth Sanchez/Tebow thread then there is really only one place to lay the blame for that. Woody and Tanny gifted this to their fan base. It is not the players and it is not even the media. That is what they do.
    Ah, that's garbage.
    Actually most of it is coming in the form of National Media, ESPN, NFL network, this morning I finally got to watch NFL AM on NFL network.
    They had something called Tebow minute or some stupid thing where they talk Tebow, well, to talk Tebow?
    Every football fan in NY only had to see Tebow actually throw the ball in these preseason games to confirm that he might really be just a "Part time situational, football player".
    It was great when you actually got football news, now you get, "I'm gonna tell you why the NY Jets may never score a point in the NFL this season", right after this commercial from Preparation H.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I hate to say it but when the whole league and all of it's teams and fan bases think your Qb after viewing him for a few years is nothing special then they are probably more likely to be right than the hometown fans.

I certainly don't hate Sanchez and hope to heck he plays at a super high level because that is the only way we are going to win but one also can't stick their head in the sand and not see the deficiencies in his game and actually hold him accountable for them.
    Completely and utterly false. Noone has spent as much time watching this team and its players more than the posters on this site.

With sports coverage being constant on TV, newspapers, radio, internet, twitter etc. All that happens is one supposed "expert" makes a statement and a legion of followers retweet, resay, reannounce on the radio, rewrite in articles, etc etc.

You need proof? Go read Peter King's MMQB segment about Sanchez after the Carolina game. He clearly wrote part of his article without even watching Sanchez' performance. Everything is now based on hearsay and last year's performance. No one is willing to dig deep and do some true analysis because it more important to push out as many articles, sound bites, tweets, and appearances as possible to stay in the limelight.

Need further proof, take a look at the "Why the Jets Suck" article. Again, another "writer" who hasn't watched Sanchez throw one preseason pass but is writing that he looks like a rookie still. No one who has watched more than 1 NFL game can come away from Sanchez's preseason saying he looks like a rookie.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    Completely and utterly false. Noone has spent as much time watching this team and its players more than the posters on this site.

With sports coverage being constant on TV, newspapers, radio, internet, twitter etc. All that happens is one supposed "expert" makes a statement and a legion of followers retweet, resay, reannounce on the radio, rewrite in articles, etc etc.

You need proof? Go read Peter King's MMQB segment about Sanchez after the Carolina game. He clearly wrote part of his article without even watching Sanchez' performance. Everything is now based on hearsay and last year's performance. No one is willing to dig deep and do some true analysis because it more important to push out as many articles, sound bites, tweets, and appearances as possible to stay in the limelight.

Need further proof, take a look at the "Why the Jets Suck" article. Again, another "writer" who hasn't watched Sanchez throw one preseason pass but is writing that he looks like a rookie still. No one who has watched more than 1 NFL game can come away from Sanchez's preseason saying he looks like a rookie.
    Very good post, freak. Sanchez will prove these idiots wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Ah, that's garbage.
    Actually most of it is coming in the form of National Media, ESPN, NFL network, this morning I finally got to watch NFL AM on NFL network.
    They had something called Tebow minute or some stupid thing where they talk Tebow, well, to talk Tebow?
    Every football fan in NY only had to see Tebow actually throw the ball in these preseason games to confirm that he might really be just a "Part time situational, football player".
    It was great when you actually got football news, now you get, "I'm gonna tell you why the NY Jets may never score a point in the NFL this season", right after this commercial from Preparation H.
    No. It is not garbage. Tim Tebow was going to be a media circus no matter where he went. In no small part because it is part of his agenda to get his message out. Tebow needs the media and the media want Tebow. We chose to bring that circus into our town. We... chose... to... do... that... We knew what it was and yet we chose to bring it here. We knew that whatever it was before, that it was going to be magnified 1000 times here in New York and yet we chose to bring it here anyway.

Now some idiots (that's right ) are complaining that this circus is being treated well, like a... Wait for it... Like a circus. Let them blame the people that decided to bring it here to our team, not the people (the media) who are interacting with and feeding that circus in highly predictable ways. You might just as well try to blame water for not being air. Only idiots (that's right )would try to do such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I will say I read the "Why the Jets suck" article & it is quite humorous, as it's meant to be.
    I mean, I'm from Long Island but I won't take that kind of humor personally.

The "Why the Pats suck" is hilarious!
    Especially the part where he jokes about Belichick moving Hernandez to play corner & the letters from fans at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    No. It is not garbage. Tim Tebow was going to be a media circus no matter where he went. In no small part because it is part of his agenda to get his message out. Tebow needs the media and the media want Tebow. We chose to bring that circus into our town. We... chose... to... do... that... We knew what it was and yet we chose to bring it here. We knew that whatever it was before, that it was going to be magnified 1000 times here in New York and yet we chose to bring it here anyway.

Now some idiots (that's right ) are complaining that this circus is being treated well, like a... Wait for it... Like a circus. Let them blame the people that decided to bring it here to our team, not the people (the media) who are interacting with and feeding that circus in highly predictable ways. You might just as well try to blame water for not being air. Only idiots (that's right )would try to do such a thing.
    Are you trying to say I'm an idiot?

i think most people hate sanchez beacause he is part mexican. the same way people hat the rupublican party because like biden said, they want ot put us all back in chains. they are racists. plain and simple.

Nonsense, the fans are blinded badly by homerism and this board is ripe with it. If Mark Sanchez played for the Bills and if the fans saw as much of Sanchez as they have, the fans on this site would laugh at him and say he sucks. I bet the Buffalo Bills think Fitzpatrick is a great QB, they see him way more than us thus they must be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    'Will' is the key word in your post. As in not in the past and not now but will.

Rookie

That's B/S..... other teams' fans know what they're shown, by ESPN, NFLN, etc. They don't watch the Jets on a play by play basis. They've seen Sanchez in 2 AFCCGs, lose them both, then get all the blame for the losses..... doesn't matter that he played great in both of them. They know that the media says there is a QB controversy..... have they seen any film of Jets personnel, repeatedly stating that Sanchez is their QB, period? When Brady and the Pats won their SBs, did the media talk about how great the defense played..... and how pedestrian Brady was? No, because those aren't the stories. The majority of fans, across the world, know exactly what the sports media wants them to know...... their version.

Rookie

Excellent post. The media has become as lazy and non-creative as many of the posters on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    That's B/S..... other teams' fans know what they're shown, by ESPN, NFLN, etc. They don't watch the Jets on a play by play basis. They've seen Sanchez in 2 AFCCGs, lose them both, then get all the blame for the losses..... doesn't matter that he played great in both of them. They know that the media says there is a QB controversy..... have they seen any film of Jets personnel, repeatedly stating that Sanchez is their QB, period? When Brady and the Pats won their SBs, did the media talk about how great the defense played..... and how pedestrian Brady was? No, because those aren't the stories. The majority of fans, across the world, know exactly what the sports media wants them to know...... their version.
    Brady, Rogers, Manning, Brees are great. I watch enough football over a long enough period of time to know that. The guys that are poor or mediocre over a period of a few years you can judge. Sanchez's play and stats and when you watch him play make him a mediocre QB. We can wish all we want it was otherwise but it isn't. Will he take that next step? Maybe we don't know but at this time he is probably not a top 20 QB.

Home town fans are either too easy on their players, or too hard. Over a period of a number of years both media and fans of other teams actually have more valid opinions. They have no 'fan based' vested interest in the player, they just say what they see.

Rookie
    Brady, Rogers, Manning, Brees are great. I watch enough football over a long enough period of time to know that. The guys that are poor or mediocre over a period of a few years you can judge. Sanchez's play and stats and when you watch him play make him a mediocre QB. We can wish all we want it was otherwise but it isn't. Will he take that next step? Maybe we don't know but at this time he is probably not a top 20 QB.

Home town fans are either too easy on their players, or too hard. Over a period of a number of years both media and fans of other teams actually have more valid opinions. They have no 'fan based' vested interest in the player, they just say what they see.
    Again, that's B/S...... he's absolutely a top 20 QB. Why is it that W/L mean everything for some QBs, but not for Sanchez? When another QB sucks, but his team wins..... the popular thing is to say he's a "winner". With Sanchez, everyone, including the water boy, gets credit for the wins..... except him.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsplumber View Post
    i think most people hate sanchez beacause he is part mexican. the same way people hat the rupublican party because like biden said, they want ot put us all back in chains. they are racists. plain and simple.
    This has got to be a joke. People are not racist if they do not like Sanchez. And as for mentioning Joe Biden, he should just shut his mouth.

Hall Of Fame
    Frankly it's bordering on the absurd!
    Every freaking NFL show bashes this guy & then it always seems like their is someone calmly shaking their head like, "what are you talking about?".

When that idiot Heath Evans was saying Tebow should be the QB, Darren Sharper had a ,"what you talking about Willis" look on his face.

The Jets & their coaches are smarter than the average bear. They have had Tebow play a lot this preseason in the classic pro set offense & he has looked absolutely horrible throwing the ball compared to Sanchez.
    It's not even close so I have NO IDEA what the media idiots that are still saying their is a QB controversy are talking about?

He also was derided by Plax, who EVERYONE knows including the Giants that he is the epitomy of a non-team player who looked like a punk azz last year rolling his eyes & wearing his hat like some gangsta wanna be on the sidelines.
    Shocking that he's still sitting without a job..NOT.

Now here comes Edwards, shooting his mouth off about comparisons between the kid in Seattle & Sanchez.
    Do they really feel the need to comment on something asked by a reporter specifically to churn up controversy?

It's crazy with these idiots! Seems every question from these morons comes back to the Jets, when who the F cares what the hell Edwards is doing in Seattle in regards to the Jets in another freaking division no less?

Some of these players are so STUPID they don't even realize that they are being roped in to saying something stupid.

Meanwhile, QBs all over the league are stinking up preseason while Mark is having his best throwing accuracy since he's been in the league. My god if not for the drops vs the Panthers he would have had 200 yards, both of those throws to Holmes & Hill had YAC written all over them.

Even on this Jets board this kid just gets the hell beat out of him all of the time. He's in his 4th year for gods sake! Giants fans were ready to run Eli out of town after his interception fest just a few short years ago.

Sanchez needed seasoning & still does. There was a reason Pete Carroll didn't think he was NFL ready. But this is the NFL we live in today, where everyone wants Cam Newton type production instantly not realizing that dude is a once on a decade player.
    I think Sparano is the perfect coach for Mark, he seems level headed but he's still got some bark, comes from the tough love coaching school of Bill Parcells but still gets a lot of respect from his players that genuinely like him.
    Shoddy was to much "my way or the highway", I can see Sparano being more hands on, father like listener.
    Hell just seeing them all on the sidelines looking at pictures for once in Marks career was reassuring.
    Mark doesn't have the weapons that Brees, Brady, Manning, Stafford, Rogers, Romo, Rivers have, NEVER has had that many weapons.

When he had "some" weapons like Holmes, Edwards & Cotchery he engineered drives that beat the FREAKING PATRIOTS ON THEIR HOME TURF! something that only 2 teams had done in like 40 games!

There are a lot of teams out there that would love to have Sanchez mature under their watch, Arizona is one of them.

I give Sanchez HUGE KUDOS because playing in NY, playing for a team that it seems in 2012 EVERYONE IN THE COUNTRY HATES, he still says all the right things. He still straps it up each practice. He still encourages his teammates, even Tebow, and he still keeps smiling through it all under just incredible scrutiny & a lot of cheap unwarranted criticism.
    Are you trying to say I'm an idiot?
    Would you prefer that I use a smaller word?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Sanchez's play and stats and when you watch him play make him a mediocre QB. We can wish all we want it was otherwise but it isn't.

... i'm curious, what were the 2 or 3 things that you felt sanchez needed to show the most improvement in going into this season? ...

... mine were

1. cut down turnovers

2. improve completion %

3. play with more consistency quarter to quarter as well as game to game throughout the season

(want to throw a 4 in? ... i'll go with grab a firmer hold of the leadership mantle with this team ...)

... in this offseason/ preseason what he has done is ...

1. thrown either 2 (or 1 picks depending on if you include the hill non catch)

2. in the 3 games his comp %'s are 67%, 82%, 61% up from last year 57%

3. the fact that he's improved in these areas and shown that throught his time on the field & for all 3 weeks is a solid answer in the only was that's been possible so far to prove consistency

4. all the steps he's done with jets west/ handling tebow mania / handling santonio / being more vocal with his team-mates are all good steps in this direction

... all of these are in limited sample sizes and in only preseason games ... but they are the only place he's been able to show us where he's at one way or another ... only time will tell is this is truly maturation and improvement or a mirage ... but ...

BOTTOM LINE IS - SO FAR, IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE THAT I WAS QUESTIONING HIM SANCHEZ HAS PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS

l_j_r

It all goes with play. He has shown good skills but his overall #s are never great. Then the media watches him in a few preseason games where he is not really trying to win but help other make the team and they go over board. Yeah he doesn't look great but he does show more talent then guys like Alex Smith or Vince Young who every seems to think deserves 100 chances. USC QBs are ALWAYS tagged as NFL ready and in most cases that is BS. Sanchez was a raw talent that needed a lot of work. Because he went 5 overall the media thinks he should look more like Flacco and Ryan or he was a bad pick. Who cares if he is still developing. What I see in Mark is a guy that has yet to hit his full potential but is still working on it. He has not hit that wall yet but the media treats him as such.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    The number of people that are predicting a sub 6 win season for the Jets is actually rather comical. The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league, and lately, the Jets haven't scored a TD in the preseason.

Using common sense, everyone knows the preseason means nothing. The 18-1 patriots were 0-4 in their preseason. Brady has looked like trash this preseason. It literally means nothing. Preseason is a time to adapt to new players (we have new players), new schemes (we have a new offensive system), new coaches (we have new coaches), etc. When the games count, we can start to make conclusions.

People assume that because Sparano has been at the head of some lackluster offenses, that our offense is destined to be lackluster. How quickly we forget the league-wide MOCKING of the Dolphin offensive talent base. Chad Pennington and Chad Henne are nonathletic/limited-upside quarterbacks. They've had no offensive playmakers the last few years save some spurts from Marshall and Bush. They had a lackluster offense because they had lackluster talent on offense. SPARANO was essentially the offensive coordinator for the Cowboys in 2006, a year where they had the 4th best scoring offense in the league. He was also heavily in charge in 2007, a year where the Cowboys had the 2nd best scoring offense in the league. Over there, Sparano had Tony Romo (someone who's a much better physical comparison to our Sanchez than the robotic Chad Henne). We know Sparano can be a part of a point-producing system when there's ability. We have Dustin Keller, we have Santonio Holmes, heck we have (for better or for worse) Tim Tebow.

Let the outside media think the Jets will score 6 points per game. I know better.
    Sparano called a offense game when? The first 3 weeks of this season. Sparanos career as a play caller has netted 0 tds. The fins sxcked on offense the whole time he was there. He rode Pennington his first season with a weak schedule and got to the playoffs,and were promptly destroyed in the first round.After that they really sxcked on offense,until the half way point of last year when he was removed from the offense and guess what happened ,the phins startecd to score and two weeks later they decided that sparano was the problem and canned him. The team when on a run after that. Is it possible that the Jets have this magicial formula that they display week one? Maybe,however when you have a limited offense team(based on past history) and a limited OC (based on history) odds are they might get a few tricks through but it seems destined to fail