Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: Why all the Sanchez hate?

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,702
    Post Thanks / Like

    Why all the Sanchez hate?

    Frankly it's bordering on the absurd!
    Every freaking NFL show bashes this guy & then it always seems like their is someone calmly shaking their head like, "what are you talking about?".

    When that idiot Heath Evans was saying Tebow should be the QB, Darren Sharper had a ,"what you talking about Willis" look on his face.

    The Jets & their coaches are smarter than the average bear. They have had Tebow play a lot this preseason in the classic pro set offense & he has looked absolutely horrible throwing the ball compared to Sanchez.
    It's not even close so I have NO IDEA what the media idiots that are still saying their is a QB controversy are talking about?

    He also was derided by Plax, who EVERYONE knows including the Giants that he is the epitomy of a non-team player who looked like a punk azz last year rolling his eyes & wearing his hat like some gangsta wanna be on the sidelines.
    Shocking that he's still sitting without a job..NOT.

    Now here comes Edwards, shooting his mouth off about comparisons between the kid in Seattle & Sanchez.
    Do they really feel the need to comment on something asked by a reporter specifically to churn up controversy?

    It's crazy with these idiots! Seems every question from these morons comes back to the Jets, when who the F cares what the hell Edwards is doing in Seattle in regards to the Jets in another freaking division no less?

    Some of these players are so STUPID they don't even realize that they are being roped in to saying something stupid.

    Meanwhile, QBs all over the league are stinking up preseason while Mark is having his best throwing accuracy since he's been in the league. My god if not for the drops vs the Panthers he would have had 200 yards, both of those throws to Holmes & Hill had YAC written all over them.

    Even on this Jets board this kid just gets the hell beat out of him all of the time. He's in his 4th year for gods sake! Giants fans were ready to run Eli out of town after his interception fest just a few short years ago.

    Sanchez needed seasoning & still does. There was a reason Pete Carroll didn't think he was NFL ready. But this is the NFL we live in today, where everyone wants Cam Newton type production instantly not realizing that dude is a once on a decade player.
    I think Sparano is the perfect coach for Mark, he seems level headed but he's still got some bark, comes from the tough love coaching school of Bill Parcells but still gets a lot of respect from his players that genuinely like him.
    Shoddy was to much "my way or the highway", I can see Sparano being more hands on, father like listener.
    Hell just seeing them all on the sidelines looking at pictures for once in Marks career was reassuring.
    Mark doesn't have the weapons that Brees, Brady, Manning, Stafford, Rogers, Romo, Rivers have, NEVER has had that many weapons.

    When he had "some" weapons like Holmes, Edwards & Cotchery he engineered drives that beat the FREAKING PATRIOTS ON THEIR HOME TURF! something that only 2 teams had done in like 40 games!

    There are a lot of teams out there that would love to have Sanchez mature under their watch, Arizona is one of them.

    I give Sanchez HUGE KUDOS because playing in NY, playing for a team that it seems in 2012 EVERYONE IN THE COUNTRY HATES, he still says all the right things. He still straps it up each practice. He still encourages his teammates, even Tebow, and he still keeps smiling through it all under just incredible scrutiny & a lot of cheap unwarranted criticism.

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    7,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... the media wins with stories galore if the jets implode ... that is why many of them are hoping for just that ...










    l_j_r

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perception is reality, and the popular perception amongst media and (unintelligent) fans is that if you're not Brady, P.Manning, Rodgers, or Brees then you are trash.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too much air time, and not enough content to fill it.

    Media "personalities" can only make an impression if they say something outlandish. It's true in sports, politics, business...anything that is widely covered. Gone are the days when a reported could build up a reputation by being accurate over time. With 24 hour coverage, and reporting having been reduced to soundbytes, all these people can do is to try to say something outlandish, hope it actually happens, and that it will be enough to buy them another season on the air.

  5. #5
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ever hear of the saying where there's smoke, there's fire? If all of these media outlets and players are saying similar statements about Sanchez, there may be some truth there(however much truth is up for debate). Just a thought.

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great Post! These are the same media clowns that are praising Eli this year after bashing him last year. The same idiots proclaiming the Jills as a playoff team and division winner last year. The older I get the more I realize it's all a big dog and pony show for ratings.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,067
    Post Thanks / Like
    In BEs defense he was asked to compare them as rookies. It's not a stretch or a slight to think Wilson is ahead of where Sanchez was, based on collegiate experience alone. That being said, the media jump on that like a starved dog on a bone, made a national story out of it, and used it to take one more jab at Mark. That's the shameful part, not what BE said.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know the way to shut them up? Sanchez goes out and performs up to the level his skillet suggest he can.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    Ever hear of the saying where there's smoke, there's fire? If all of these media outlets and players are saying similar statements about Sanchez, there may be some truth there(however much truth is up for debate). Just a thought.
    And I'm gonna have a thought on a comment coming from a guy that has Aaron Curry in his sig? Idiot Fraudenshaden.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    The number of people that are predicting a sub 6 win season for the Jets is actually rather comical. The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league, and lately, the Jets haven't scored a TD in the preseason.

    Using common sense, everyone knows the preseason means nothing. The 18-1 patriots were 0-4 in their preseason. Brady has looked like trash this preseason. It literally means nothing. Preseason is a time to adapt to new players (we have new players), new schemes (we have a new offensive system), new coaches (we have new coaches), etc. When the games count, we can start to make conclusions.

    People assume that because Sparano has been at the head of some lackluster offenses, that our offense is destined to be lackluster. How quickly we forget the league-wide MOCKING of the Dolphin offensive talent base. Chad Pennington and Chad Henne are nonathletic/limited-upside quarterbacks. They've had no offensive playmakers the last few years save some spurts from Marshall and Bush. They had a lackluster offense because they had lackluster talent on offense. SPARANO was essentially the offensive coordinator for the Cowboys in 2006, a year where they had the 4th best scoring offense in the league. He was also heavily in charge in 2007, a year where the Cowboys had the 2nd best scoring offense in the league. Over there, Sparano had Tony Romo (someone who's a much better physical comparison to our Sanchez than the robotic Chad Henne). We know Sparano can be a part of a point-producing system when there's ability. We have Dustin Keller, we have Santonio Holmes, heck we have (for better or for worse) Tim Tebow.

    Let the outside media think the Jets will score 6 points per game. I know better.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    The media has wanted a QB controversy from day one, they want Tebow to be the starter so they can fill the first 15 minutes of their programs with Tebow highlights and stories, With Tebow on the bench it forces these morons to have to actually report on whats happening on the field play.

  12. #12
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    You know the way to shut them up? Sanchez goes out and performs up to the level his skillet suggest he can.
    This. All people want is more consistency, right? That's not too much to ask for is it? Until that happens, players and the media both are going to criticize the QB of any team, whether it's justified or not.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to add one more thing, the shots that Mark absorbed last year would have put many, many QBs in this league on the shelf!
    The 2 second mauling he took from Ngata in baltimore was full on full speed from a guy that weighs 320Lbs!
    He took many more hellacious shots last year including the the NON CALL roughing the passer in Denver from Von Miller (who was subsequently fined by the league).
    Plus many more hacks on his throwing arm when he was in passing motion, & he kept crawling back to the huddle, sometimes after looking like he was seriously hurt rolling around on the ground.
    He showed a lot of guts last year & finally physically & mentally fell apart in Miami with the huddle fight.
    I'm not giving up on Sanchez because he hasn't shown any quit in him.
    When he can learn to keep his head up, move on from a mistake without moping, I think that's when he'll take a huge step forward.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    You know the way to shut them up? Sanchez goes out and performs up to the level his skillet suggest he can.
    Sanchez plays with the frying pan of doom!

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand the Sanchez hate. He's been a disappointment to many of us.

    I don't understand the "start Tebow" point of view.

    There are plenty of rational, smart Jets fans who think that Sanchez isn't the answer and called for Tanny to bring in a competent backup QB, which we haven't had since the Sanchez era began. Instead he brought in Tebow.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,374
    Post Thanks / Like
    Having Tebow on the field is good business for everyone. He's the most popular player in the league. ESPN was all Tebow all the time last year because Tebow gets ratings. He has a horde of fanatical followers that will consume all things Tebow. They don't care about what's good for the Jets, they care about what's good for them, and Tebow has been GREAT for them.

    Also, generally speaking, QB controversies are good for ratings in their own right. Many people in the media are also quick to ignore the Jets' insistence that Tebow is just the backup QB because that's what the Denver coaching staff said last year, and that lasted all of 5 weeks before Tebow was starting.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Frankly it's bordering on the absurd!
    Every freaking NFL show bashes this guy & then it always seems like their is someone calmly shaking their head like, "what are you talking about?".

    When that idiot Heath Evans was saying Tebow should be the QB, Darren Sharper had a ,"what you talking about Willis" look on his face.

    The Jets & their coaches are smarter than the average bear. They have had Tebow play a lot this preseason in the classic pro set offense & he has looked absolutely horrible throwing the ball compared to Sanchez.
    It's not even close so I have NO IDEA what the media idiots that are still saying their is a QB controversy are talking about?

    He also was derided by Plax, who EVERYONE knows including the Giants that he is the epitomy of a non-team player who looked like a punk azz last year rolling his eyes & wearing his hat like some gangsta wanna be on the sidelines.
    Shocking that he's still sitting without a job..NOT.

    Now here comes Edwards, shooting his mouth off about comparisons between the kid in Seattle & Sanchez.
    Do they really feel the need to comment on something asked by a reporter specifically to churn up controversy?

    It's crazy with these idiots! Seems every question from these morons comes back to the Jets, when who the F cares what the hell Edwards is doing in Seattle in regards to the Jets in another freaking division no less?

    Some of these players are so STUPID they don't even realize that they are being roped in to saying something stupid.

    Meanwhile, QBs all over the league are stinking up preseason while Mark is having his best throwing accuracy since he's been in the league. My god if not for the drops vs the Panthers he would have had 200 yards, both of those throws to Holmes & Hill had YAC written all over them.

    Even on this Jets board this kid just gets the hell beat out of him all of the time. He's in his 4th year for gods sake! Giants fans were ready to run Eli out of town after his interception fest just a few short years ago.

    Sanchez needed seasoning & still does. There was a reason Pete Carroll didn't think he was NFL ready. But this is the NFL we live in today, where everyone wants Cam Newton type production instantly not realizing that dude is a once on a decade player.
    I think Sparano is the perfect coach for Mark, he seems level headed but he's still got some bark, comes from the tough love coaching school of Bill Parcells but still gets a lot of respect from his players that genuinely like him.
    Shoddy was to much "my way or the highway", I can see Sparano being more hands on, father like listener.
    Hell just seeing them all on the sidelines looking at pictures for once in Marks career was reassuring.
    Mark doesn't have the weapons that Brees, Brady, Manning, Stafford, Rogers, Romo, Rivers have, NEVER has had that many weapons.

    When he had "some" weapons like Holmes, Edwards & Cotchery he engineered drives that beat the FREAKING PATRIOTS ON THEIR HOME TURF! something that only 2 teams had done in like 40 games!

    There are a lot of teams out there that would love to have Sanchez mature under their watch, Arizona is one of them.

    I give Sanchez HUGE KUDOS because playing in NY, playing for a team that it seems in 2012 EVERYONE IN THE COUNTRY HATES, he still says all the right things. He still straps it up each practice. He still encourages his teammates, even Tebow, and he still keeps smiling through it all under just incredible scrutiny & a lot of cheap unwarranted criticism.
    Thank you so much for this post!!!!!!

    Insanity!!! I call it fantasy football fevor.

    And when you point out that the statements are not rational folks get antsy and start insulting you.

    I have said it before and I will say it again; No QB in the modern era of the NFL (post 1945) has ever taken his team on to win a Sb in which there was poor OL play, WRs who could not seperation from the defense and RBs who were pedestrian at best. You can have one of those elements be poor but not all three.

    Amazingly when people continue to bash him out here on this site when the Jets players themselves are questioning whether or not the team has properly supported Sanchez....

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Posts
    1,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion no matter how bad our offense is "supposed" to be I think our defense is worth 6-8 wins by itself, that's how good it is. If our offense comes along throughout the season we can get to 10 wins, especially since later on in the year we play a lot of weak teams that our defense will put the clamps on and our offense will be able to produce more.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Great Post! These are the same media clowns that are praising Eli this year after bashing him last year. The same idiots proclaiming the Jills as a playoff team and division winner last year. The older I get the more I realize it's all a big dog and pony show for ratings.
    100% on the money! Agreed.....

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    We live in NY and that is the price of admission. It is the media capital of the planet. If you want an easier time from the media, either as a fan or as a player then move to buttf&*k Iowa or some such.

    As it is this Owner and this GM have actively courted the media for years and they do not really seem to care if the Jets come across as being a clownish organization so long as we get the back pages. Specifically now with this whole Tebow move, when we find ourselves as fans having to deal with the 3 millionth Sanchez/Tebow thread then there is really only one place to lay the blame for that. Woody and Tanny gifted this to their fan base. It is not the players and it is not even the media. That is what they do.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us