Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bart Scott: We could be the best Jets defense ever

Bart Scott: We could be the best Jets defense ever

http://allhiphop.com/2012/08/29/foot...sports-heaven/
    AllHipHop.com: Last question. What can New York Jets fans expect from Bart Scott, his defense, and the team as a whole this year?

Bart Scott: Our fans should be excited. We’ve put some pretty interesting defenses on the field. But we have the most potential this year. If we do our jobs and communicate more, we could be the best Jets defense in franchise history. Which is scary because my first year here we were #1, by 30 yards, in almost every statistical category that was meaningful… They should be very excited by their team.

We’re going through a transformational period. We’re younger, more athletic. Our veterans our more mature. Our defense has come together. Our offense is taking a lot of flack for not scoring Touchdowns in the preseason though. With that being said, watching our offense and playing against our offense, I know there are a lot of strategies they’ve yet to pull out. Everything has been kept on the hush. Even with our opener against Buffalo, they don’t have any idea of anything we’re doing because we haven’t shown anyone yet. We can’t wait!
    Interesting...

All Pro
    Well I'll be the first to admit, that's encouraging. Something to at least smile about.

I agree with Scott. This defense has sky high potential. We haven't even begin to dip into Rex innovative playbook with these new guys.

I think that the defense is going to be great this year, one concern I have is that the offenses running a no huddle on the Jets defense.

The no huddle real bothered us last year , we were not able to substitute and the defense gets tired.

Veteran
    Enough talk, time to put up or shut up! There were very good the first two years, but very average last year. And, he wasn't good enough to crack the starting line up the entire year. They have one more week to talk, after that there is no where to hide and they have to play the game.

Veteran
    The confidence for the D is great, but I like the fact that he kinda has the O's back as well. He sees them everyday, and the fact that he's saying no one has seen anything yet is encouraging.

So sick of the talk with this team, year after year.

Hope so. Because the only reason Scott's here is his contract's guaranteed.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Scott seems rejuvenated this summer, I like it

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    The no huddle real bothered us last year , we were not able to substitute and the defense gets tired.
    I think you have to factor in that we weren't getting any significant pressure up front though last year. If you can hurry a QB, or better yet get a sack - that stalls out a drive and the no huddle instantly.

Things won't look like that this year.

...they better not.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If we create pressure from the front 4. (which we have all preseason) And our safeties stay healthy, I have no doubt this will be the best Jets defense ever.

Obviously we have some issues on offense. But the great thing is 16-20 points a week and we will win most games.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Stop watching sports then.

There is no version of reality where a team doesn't talk about improvement and league leading potential before the start of a season.

The question is what was the best Jets defense ever?

I don't really remember the 1998 defense too well (a bit before my time) and wasn't old enough to watch the Sack exchange.

For me personally the 2010 Jets defense is probably the best I've seen when you consider the playoff performances they had in Indy and New England.

I do think this Jets defense could be the best in franchise history, but they need better LB play and I think it will be up to Demorio Davis to give them that.

I can't wait for opening weekend! I think we will surprise a lot of people this season. I hope we do because I a) love this team b) want the naysayers and negative Nancy's to shut it!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Amen, brother.

All Pro
    Perhaps this explains some of the seemingly nonchalant attitude I've noticed from the team towards not scoring any TDs all preseason. This has gotten interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Stop watching sports then.

There is no version of reality where a team doesn't talk about improvement and league leading potential before the start of a season.
    +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,046

I agree. He should've said our defense sucks and cant stop a nose bleed...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

No exaggeration, we're equal or better at every single position this year compared the our 2009 defense, which like Bart said was ranked #1. Much more depth too. That said, we will probably need a defense on par with the 2000 Ravens, 2002 Buccaneers in order to be contenders.
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 08-29-2012 at 03:32 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    No exaggeration, we're equal or better at every single position this year compared the our 2009 defense, which like Bart said was ranked #1. Much more depth too. That said, we will probably need a defense on par with the 2000 Ravens, 2002 Buccaneers in order to be contenders.
    If the offense stops scoring TD's on its own defense they will be ok. Can't Wait.

They better be as good as Bart thinks they are looking at our pedestrian offense so far.