Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bart Scott: We could be the best Jets defense ever

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I think Coples will draw a few double teams and that will open things up for the other guys. The DL has true studs and I think they're going be tough against the run while generating pressure up the middle.

And yes, a sack completely negates any no huddle business.
    Ultimately, I agree, but I think Coples is going to get plenty of one-on-ones before offensive coordinators really realize how thoroughly he dominates guards in the pass rush. I think Wilkerson will see the most doubles early on.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    And Landry. If he stays healthy, look out.
    +1

The D is going nowhere if we don't produce first downs and eat up the clock on offense.

I thought after the draft in April that the Jets defense would be very good. They were number 5 last season and we got better on paper, so it made sense to think they could be top 5 again if not number 1.

Now seeing how the defense has looked in the preseason? I think this defense has the opportunity to be everything Bart Scott is saying and more. I figured Kenrick Ellis would play better, sure. But Kenrick Ellis looks much better than I thought. Quentin Coples is everything everybody talked about. Demario Davis looks like at some point he'll be a starting LB. Laron Landry is a truly awesome player and he lays nothing but wood. Does that guy know how to hit someone at less than cruel intentions?

Anyway, the point is, they look much better than I even thought they would. They look great. This defense appears to be the best Jets defense I've seen since the mid '80's.

I don't believe this defense is as good as the 85 Bears, but it is much, much better than any defense they've had in a very long time. I think they'll be top 3 or even number 1. And certainly better than the 2009 Jets that were number 1 in defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Do it fist Bart. Then you can talk about it. Until then STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    No exaggeration, we're equal or better at every single position this year compared the our 2009 defense, which like Bart said was ranked #1. Much more depth too. That said, we will probably need a defense on par with the 2000 Ravens, 2002 Buccaneers in order to be contenders.
    Very true. The ability to get consistent penetration up the middle looks to be improved as well. Our DL platoon looks ferocious. More often than not opposing teams won't be able to no-huddle nickel and dime the D to death cause of the DL potential to crush the pocket early and often. Blunt force trauma.

The blanket coverage in the secondary and DL will reinforce each other. We need the LB's to pull their weight. DD and Mayhem will get their chances to shine

So we can now stop the "fire everyone attitude" (Soprano TBD).

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    you think Bart shoulda said "no comment" to allhiphop.com?

Jets Insider VIP
    So we can now stop the "fire everyone attitude" (Soprano TBD).
    How about just fire everyone on offense?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Watching the Jets offense in 2012 reminds me of good o'le Paul Hackett's days.

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;4571559]http://allhiphop.com/2012/08/29/foot...sports-heaven/

Bart Scott should keep his mouth quiet. the D is going to be real good, the problem is, the offense is terrible and will have so many 3 and outs, that the D is going to be so tired come the 4th quarter for being on the field so much, they will not be a dominant defense

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Yeah!

Damn him for answering a question. The guy is a giant a**hole!!

Like his answer...and it has the pieces in place to be just what he says...or at least in the argument.

Hope he's not BSing about the offense though...if the O is a complete fail the D checks out by Week 8.

All League
    I don't mind a little optimism. Rather that that the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    But, but, but.....

But what about that tebow guy. Didnt you say that all he does is win!?

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    But, but, but.....

But what about that tebow guy. Didnt you say that all he does is win!?
    If he's the starter at any point, we're in real trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If he's the starter at any point, we're in real trouble.
    Gimme Vaughn...

You have the young DL studs of Mo-Kenrick-Coples, to complement the two quality run stuffers, Pouha and DeVito. Then add the versatile Dixon to the mix....and maybe Jay Richardson as a situational rush DE gets included. This DL group can do it all.

Revis Island and the Cro's Nest...with Wilson and Lankster...is best in the NFL.

I don't know if the Jets have ever had a better safety tandem then Landry and Bell. They are smart...talented...and huge. And if E'Smith can't play for awhile...then Bush and Allen get to play a bigger role in the rotation and sub packages. The reps will benefit them and the team, for the crucial stretch run of the season.

Add the speed of OLBs Maybin and Demario Davis, complementing the experienced vets of Harris-Scott-Pace-Thomas...this ain't too shabby a bunch, for what might be labeled as the weakest unit of the D. But don't count this unit out in contributing big plays. With the excellent play expected to come from the DL and secondary...the vets in this group need only to use their smarts, and the experience they have with this D...make correct reads...then can cash in with some big plays of their own. They don't need to be the best...just be a smart unit that takes advantage of opportunities to make plays.

With the Genius of Rex as the Architect of this defense. There's no limit to the imagination, on what he can do with all these pieces to work with.

46 defense...here we come!

You can't run...you can't hide...cause this D has answers.

Can't wait!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Yeah!

Damn him for answering a question. The guy is a giant a**hole!!
    Guy has been a motor mouth since he got here. I for one am tired of this swagger bullsh1t. Blah blah blah we're gonna be this and we're gonna be that. This defense couldn't stop a cold last year in the biggest spots of the biggest games when we needed them to get opponents off the field and Bart Scott played like a bum last year. So yes, STFU Bart, this act is way old at this point.

Great teams do it on the field first and then SOMETIMES talk about it afterwards. This team not so much.

All League
    They could be the best defense ever if we had a safety that can cover the deep middle, LB's that can cover TE's and an offense that can give them a break every once in awhile. With the way our offense looks, they better hope they're in absolute perfect shape or they could get smoked in the 2nd half of games this season.