Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bart Scott: We could be the best Jets defense ever

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Stop watching sports then.

There is no version of reality where a team doesn't talk about improvement and league leading potential before the start of a season.
    All that needed to be said

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    I agree. He should've said our defense sucks and cant stop a nose bleed...
    OR he could just shut up and say we are focused on winning a sb - that's say is all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    So sick of the talk with this team, year after year.
    Here. This better?

AllHipHop.com: Last question. What can New York Jets fans expect from Bart Scott, his defense, and the team as a whole this year?

Bart Scott: Well, first of all we're gonna suck. Big f*cking donkey balls. We'd almost be better off just turning our backs to the line of scrimmage on every down....we'd get more stops that way. Second, our offense? Horrible. They'll bring the suck even more than us. I doubt Sanchez will get a single completion ALL SEASON. Our running game is so bad, we're just gonna do away with the position all together. In fact, we are planning on getting rid of the QB position during the second quarter of the Bills game. We're just gonna have the center snap the ball into an empty backfield in the hopes that some overly-excited Defensive Lineman on the other team tries to pounce on the ball like Rex Ryan on a hoagie and the ball just happens to get knocked or kicked forward.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    If the offense stops scoring TD's on its own defense they will be ok. Can't Wait.
    Yeah...our offense is the biggest point scorer againt the JETS. The pick 6 is becoming a specialty.

I actually like when our D is on the field.... less likely the opponent will score.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    OR he could just shut up and say we are focused on winning a sb - that's say is all.
    No because that would spin into..

"Jets' Scott talking about winning Superbowl"

"Linebacker cant keep his mouth shut on Superbowl talk"

"Jets' Scott predicts Superbowl for touchdownless Jets"

get it now?

The beauty of having younger players on the defense is as they get more snaps as the year progresses it allows the older guys to play fewer snaps & stay fresh.

Guys like Mauga & Davis, Bush & Allen, Coples, Mo, Maybin, Dixon & Ellis make it easier for Rex to platoon, Bart, Thomas, Pace & Pouha.

That's a nice mix of young players & experienced players which is what you like to see in a defense.
    The D will only get better as they play together.
    I think the same thing will happen on offense so it's imperative that we get out to a hot start.
    Really happy to be getting the Steelers early. They have a little over a week to get Wallace up to speed, (he can't even practice till the end of the week per the CBA agreement) & get their oline straightened out with the loss of Decastro.

We get them with no Mendenhall & Redmans not nearly as shifty. That's a great time to have our D come up big, as Rex says, a good defense travels anywhere. Be nice to get some big hits on Big Ben & get those yellow towels drooping. Landry should be able to handle their TE, Revis on Brown & the new look physical Cro running with a not yet up to speed Wallace.
    Offense makes a couple of plays I like our chances in that game.

Why did he have to say "Can't Wait" at the end of his answer, didn't that go badly enough the first time he did it?

the way the defensive line has played this preseason, it's not that crazy of a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of War 599 View Post
    The question is what was the best Jets defense ever?

I don't really remember the 1998 defense too well (a bit before my time) and wasn't old enough to watch the Sack exchange.

For me personally the 2010 Jets defense is probably the best I've seen when you consider the playoff performances they had in Indy and New England.

I do think this Jets defense could be the best in franchise history, but they need better LB play and I think it will be up to Demorio Davis to give them that.

The early 80's Sack Exchange was pretty bad-ass. Klecko, Gastineau, Lyons

Wikipedia: In 1981, the Jets led the league with 66 sacks.
    Last edited by lageman4ever; 08-29-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    the way the defensive line has played this preseason, it's not that crazy of a statement.
    And Landry. If he stays healthy, look out.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The beauty of having younger players on the defense is as they get more snaps as the year progresses it allows the older guys to play fewer snaps & stay fresh.

Guys like Mauga & Davis, Bush & Allen, Coples, Mo, Maybin, Dixon & Ellis make it easier for Rex to platoon, Bart, Thomas, Pace & Pouha.

That's a nice mix of young players & experienced players which is what you like to see in a defense.
    The D will only get better as they play together.
    I think the same thing will happen on offense so it's imperative that we get out to a hot start.
    Really happy to be getting the Steelers early. They have a little over a week to get Wallace up to speed, (he can't even practice till the end of the week per the CBA agreement) & get their oline straightened out with the loss of Decastro.

We get them with no Mendenhall & Redmans not nearly as shifty. That's a great time to have our D come up big, as Rex says, a good defense travels anywhere. Be nice to get some big hits on Big Ben & get those yellow towels drooping. Landry should be able to handle their TE, Revis on Brown & the new look physical Cro running with a not yet up to speed Wallace.
    Offense makes a couple of plays I like our chances in that game.
    Wow, that actually makes me feel somewhat hopeful about this game when I thought there was no chance for us to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Good point!
    And they look good in preseason. Anyone that thinks Rex has let the dogs out yet in "preseason" is smoking something.
    Right now, they are just playing straight up with no games in the secondary.
    When they start putting the blitzes together with the hot reads for the DBs thats when you get picks.
    If the Jets can get pressure with just the front 4 Rex won't have to expose the secondary as much as he did last year on 3rd down.
    If Rex smells blood & sees a weakness anywhere in the Bills or Steelers Olines to start the season, he'll let the dogs out like he did in that Houston opener in 2009.
    Having a full camp is gonna be huge for the D as usually the D is ahead of the offenses to start the season. For some reason Ryan Fitzpatrick plays scared vs Rexs Defenses. If the Jets can get some early smacks on him, I think the guy will wilt with ANY pressure around him after that.
    I actually love that the offense hasn't shown anything & we all know that Tebow is a Steeler killer, lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Technically, the 2012 Jets COULD be the greatest team in NFL history.

There is a chance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    The early 80's Sack Exchange was pretty bad-ass. Klecko, Gastineau, Lyons

Wikipedia: In 1981, the Jets led the league with 66 sacks.
    and typical JETS, what do we have to show for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHDXoiw6U40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXLWY...e=results_main

Jets Insider VIP
    Its been exciting watching this defense so far. I think they have the ability to be the #1 d in the league. The real question is can the offense sustain drives so the d is not on the field all day long?

Practice Squad
    sounds good, make Tebow the starter and we have a shot at the wild card

Veteran
    I agree. He should've said our defense sucks and cant stop a nose bleed...
    No because that would spin into..

"Jets' Scott talking about winning Superbowl"

"Linebacker cant keep his mouth shut on Superbowl talk"

"Jets' Scott predicts Superbowl for touchdownless Jets"

get it now?
    Sorry, but I disagree. There is a difference between we are going to win the super bowl and we are focused on winning one.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. There is a difference between we are going to win the super bowl and we are focused on winning one.
    Oh I agree...but the media want see it that way...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I think you have to factor in that we weren't getting any significant pressure up front though last year. If you can hurry a QB, or better yet get a sack - that stalls out a drive and the no huddle instantly.

Things won't look like that this year.

...they better not.
    I think Coples will draw a few double teams and that will open things up for the other guys. The DL has true studs and I think they're going be tough against the run while generating pressure up the middle.

And yes, a sack completely negates any no huddle business.

All League
    I said this in another thread, that I'm more excited to watch the Defense this year than the offense. It's about all I can talk about when my work buddies ask about the lack of offense. Of course they hit me back with.... "not better than the steel curtain defense"