Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL will start season with replacement officials

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    The regular refs cost teams games all the time. This is a non-issue.
    When and if the replacement refs cost the Patriots a game, the old refs (the ones who's kids Bob Kraft has put through college) will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    The regular refs cost teams games all the time. This is a non-issue.
    It is an issue, if you think these guys are better than the reg refs your are wrong and it will be shown the longer they are in.

We all like to blast the regular refs (me included) but they are apt to make less ghastly mistakes. Regardless of quality, nickel and diming officials is a bad thing.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    It is an issue, if you think these guys are better than the reg refs your are wrong and it will be shown the longer they are in.

We all like to blast the regular refs (me included) but they are apt to make less ghastly mistakes. Regardless of quality, nickel and diming officials is a bad thing.
    I'm sure there will be growing pains, but give these replacements a few weeks and there will be virtually no difference in performance. The existing refs have been around too long and have become complacent. There should be a maxium of 15 years service with a rotation pools of refs to ensure the quality remains high.