Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stephen A. Smith -> Jets are a joke. Are they?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Stephen A. Smith -> Jets are a joke. Are they?

Stephen A. Smith comments often come with a bit of fluff when he speaks on air for ESPN. I have heard him and other analyst talk about the lack of talent on the Jets roster specifically on the offensive side. This article talks about placing blame on either Ryan or Tannenbaum and for me as a Jets fan the blame rest solely on the shoulder of Tannenbaum as he is responsible for putting the roster together along with agreeing with the style of team that Ryan is putting together. The teams mantra of great defense with a ground and pound attack only works when you have the talent to pull it off. The defense has lived up to the standards of a great defense, no one can argue against that. The offense has been lacking for the last 4 years and I suspect another year won't change that since they neglected to bring in talent both on the offensive line and at the WR/TE position. Anyone counting on significant contributions from rookie Hill is misguided as he doesn't have the talent to be a legitimate WR who could be counted on.

I believe that the best the Jets will do this season is another 8-8 and that's only because of the defense. If that happens or the record is a bit worse at say 7-9, I say that we clean house with a new coach a bit more offensive minded and a new GM that is more than a cap guy who has experience putting together a great playoff team. That list of coaches and GM's are short by nature but someone who would lead my list who currently is unemployed is John Gruden.

That said, as a Jet fan I'm hoping for the best. Lets hope and pray because the pundits smell blood and they are circling the Jets.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...d-nowhere-down

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Stephen A. Smith comments often come with a bit of fluff when he speaks on air for ESPN. I have heard him and other analyst talk about the lack of talent on the Jets roster specifically on the offensive side. This article talks about placing blame on either Ryan or Tannenbaum and for me as a Jets fan the blame rest solely on the shoulder of Tannenbaum as he is responsible for putting the roster together along with agreeing with the style of team that Ryan is putting together. The teams mantra of great defense with a ground and pound attack only works when you have the talent to pull it off. The defense has lived up to the standards of a great defense, no one can argue against that. The offense has been lacking for the last 4 years and I suspect another year won't change that since they neglected to bring in talent both on the offensive line and at the WR/TE position. Anyone counting on significant contributions from rookie Hill is misguided as he doesn't have the talent to be a legitimate WR who could be counted on.

I believe that the best the Jets will do this season is another 8-8 and that's only because of the defense. If that happens or the record is a bit worse at say 7-9, I say that we clean house with a new coach a bit more offensive minded and a new GM that is more than a cap guy who has experience putting together a great playoff team. That list of coaches and GM's are short by nature but someone who would lead my list who currently is unemployed is John Gruden.

That said, as a Jet fan I'm hoping for the best. Lets hope and pray because the pundits smell blood and they are circling the Jets.

He knows nothing about football. Why care?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes a huge joke. Nobody should pay attention to us.

...wait.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steven Smith is a good reason why some people shouldn't change the batteries in their carbon monoxide detectors....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sense when has Steven A ever said anything good about the JETS. I stopped watching that show because all he has ever done is bad mouth this team. Now with his favorite player Tebow yeah I expect nothing else from him. He is only good for basketball and even then I only like him in small doses. Him and his Wade love used to make me vomit at times. He is the reason I can't stand the heat not James.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is a good judge of a joke, because it takes one to know one

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is when people waste their time listening to retards like that all you do is give them more air. Someone who have not played, coached or taught not even a pee wee league should not be worth listening to, and that goes for all the other jokes spilling crap in the media. Just listen to the name man Stephen A Smith, that alone should tell you not to .............

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    I say that we clean house with a new coach a bit more offensive minded and a new GM that is more than a cap guy who has experience putting together a great playoff team.

We have the best coach The Jets may have ever had, in place now. Coming off our most successful 3 year run in the franchise history, yet there are some so blinded they want to "blow it up"

C'mon dude....think before you type this garbage

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is the most annoying person on TV. He should post on here for as many times as he rolls his eyes in disgust when he disagrees with someone.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was listening to Stephen A on 1050 the other day. He said that Bill Calahan has to pull the oline together and his injury report was Joe Baker tore his MCL and was on IR.

the guy knows basketball but that's about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He and Skip are just trolls, so take what they say with a grain of salt.

Not to say I hate anyone who doesn't like the Jets, though. I love Cowherd and he ALWAYS talks junk about us.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    I was listening to Stephen A on 1050 the other day. He said that Bill Calahan has to pull the oline together and his injury report was Joe Baker tore his MCL and was on IR.

the guy knows basketball but that's about it.
    He is also the one who said when the jets lost to pitt in the playoffs that herm edwards should of kicked the field goal on 3rd down instead of 4th because then they could of tried it again after they missed it.he is atrocious and worthless.knows nothing about football.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    lets be honest here, regardless of the way Stephen put it, the Jets really haven't paid much attention to the talent offensively. lack of explosive players at the skill positions is a must and i think it's something that we need to worry about this season. greene lacks explosiveness, mcknight can't seem to get it going and powell is failing to make an impression. WR position doesn't have any playmakers besides Holmes, and that's only if he decides he wants to turn it on. facts are facts, Rex has the front office committed to making the defense great and that's about it.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brol79 View Post
    He is also the one who said when the jets lost to pitt in the playoffs that herm edwards should of kicked the field goal on 3rd down instead of 4th because then they could of tried it again after they missed it.he is atrocious and worthless.knows nothing about football.
    I always go back to the 1995 headline in the NY Daily News that said "Clueless Joe" regarding the hiring of Joe Torre. Hopefully, the Jets are as big a joke as Joe was clueless -- and we'll know in about five weeks for sure.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...allery-1.55145

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Steven Smith is a good reason why some people shouldn't change the batteries in their carbon monoxide detectors....
    Seriously funny stuff. I also agree.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stephen A. Smith is a complete jack&ss. Why anyone would waste their time being screamed at by that bombastic blowhard is beyond me. A complete waste of air time.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    i didnt even know people watch or listen to that idiot anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he's running his mouth about the Jets for one of two possible reasons:

1) Any news about Stephen A., good or bad, is good to Stephen A. If he's wrong he gets prodded a little bit on national TV and his popularity builds. If he's right, he gets to appear as being smart and his popularity builds. Either way in his mind, he wins.

2) He truly does not like the Jets and never has and cannot possibly give an objective opinion about the team. Maybe Rex f*cked his wife? Maybe Tanny told him what a useless POS he is and now he's taken umbrage? Why he hates the Jets remains to be seen. But if it isn't number one then it must be this.

Either reason it ends up being is irrelevant. Because anyone who knows about Stephen A. Smith knows he's a loudmouth POS and not worthy of paying attention to.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait for all the media backpedaling.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't listen to any of these clowns in the media ...watch your team and let's see what happens