Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stephen A. Smith -> Jets are a joke. Are they?

Quote Originally Posted by dvl7 View Post
    He is a good judge of a joke, because it takes one to know one
    Yep...he resembles that remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Sense when has Steven A ever said anything good about the JETS. I stopped watching that show because all he has ever done is bad mouth this team. Now with his favorite player Tebow yeah I expect nothing else from him. He is only good for basketball and even then I only like him in small doses. Him and his Wade love used to make me vomit at times. He is the reason I can't stand the heat not James.
    Stephen A. Smith is actually a Jets fan. And he hates Tebow.

But, other than that, your post is right on the mark.

Steven A Smith used to write for the Philadelphia Inquirer when I lived in Cherry Hill, NJ. All media thrive on the negative and the criticisms. He has mastered negative writing with a sharp tone. He used to criticize the Philly teams in pretty much all of his articles, and I feel he was a fan of those teams too.

Bottom line for the sports media, all are killing us right now. I don't really care, as a matter of fact, I've pretty much avoided sports media all together, except for this website. Having said that, we can thank the media for all of the "Billboard Material" we could possibly ask for. I would be surprised if we haven't posted all the crap media has been saying in the locker room as this is a team that will play much better pissed off and with something to prove.
    Last edited by Dynamic Hip Screw; 08-29-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Stephen A is a joke, as is anyone who wastes their time posting his quotes.

All League
    I like Skip Bayless. Stephen "A" not so much.

But his statement is accurate here (mostly). LOL

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by brol79 View Post
    He is also the one who said when the jets lost to pitt in the playoffs that herm edwards should of kicked the field goal on 3rd down instead of 4th because then they could of tried it again after they missed it.he is atrocious and worthless.knows nothing about football.
    I was going to write that. I remember when he said that I was like what an idiot. Then I remember in 2005 when the kid got stabbed in then mens room during teh SNF game vs the Saints Stephen A said that the game was boring and nothing better to do that is why the kid was stabbed. He is an @ss, he knows his basketball but that is about it. He is a hater and is almost pulling a Franscesca.

Today Paul Detino called into the FAN to give the Giant report and Beningo said its pre-season game #4 - why should I watch. I am not even watching the Jets game tomorrow night. And Detino said ok something to fact about the Jets not making the playoffs again this season. Beningo lost it. He was like I know what your team has and I know what my team has but don't be talking to me like a jerk. He must have called him a jerk a few times. Beningo lost it with him today.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    lets be honest here, regardless of the way Stephen put it, the Jets really haven't paid much attention to the talent offensively. lack of explosive players at the skill positions is a must and i think it's something that we need to worry about this season. greene lacks explosiveness, mcknight can't seem to get it going and powell is failing to make an impression. WR position doesn't have any playmakers besides Holmes, and that's only if he decides he wants to turn it on. facts are facts, Rex has the front office committed to making the defense great and that's about it.
    +1

"Im telling you, right here, right now, the fix is in!!!!"

You couldn't find a bigger douche in a box of Summer's eve.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    Stephen A. Smith is actually a Jets fan. And he hates Tebow.

But, other than that, your post is right on the mark.
    That's funny, he's always bragging about how much of a Giants fan he is when I listen. He does in fact though, hate Tim Tebow (BUT...only as a QB).

I mean, he's way over the top and that is his schtick, but it's not like he's saying something a lot of us haven't said this past 2 months.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Stephen A. Smith comments often come with a bit of fluff when he speaks on air for ESPN. I have heard him and other analyst talk about the lack of talent on the Jets roster specifically on the offensive side. This article talks about placing blame on either Ryan or Tannenbaum
    The Jets offense will be fine and what's funny about this is that there are no consequences for media when they say stupid things. After the Jets' 5-1 start the media will be talking about the traditional football recipe for success: Timely offense, protect the football and play tough defense. Nobody will know, remember or care about what Stephen A. Smith said, and he himself will do a 360 and nobody will know the difference. Think about what was said about the 49ers before last season.

The media is there to keep people viewed to the channel. That's their job, that's all that matters. They're not hired to be objective or reasonable; and if they want to keep their jobs they have to keep saying outlandish stuff. Knowledgeable jets fans should just not pay attention. It costs a lot of money to run espn with all their high priced analysts, graphics and gimmicks. They have to pay for that with ratings so the low level idiots like Bayless and Smith are told to say crazy things by management.

"Here's hoping I'm wrong. Here's hoping that Sanchez plays lights-out. That Ryan and Sparano find a way to utilize Tebow without compromising Sanchez or the Jets' credibility. Let's hope that Greene has blockers to create lanes for him; that Sanchez ends up having the same so he's not on his back for 60 minutes every Sunday afternoon."

And here's hoping you... Let's play caption the picture but instead finish the sentence.

I wish I was into gambling because it seems the idiocy these morons are spreading should really be sweetening the odds.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    lets be honest here, regardless of the way Stephen put it, the Jets really haven't paid much attention to the talent offensively. lack of explosive players at the skill positions is a must and i think it's something that we need to worry about this season. greene lacks explosiveness, mcknight can't seem to get it going and powell is failing to make an impression. WR position doesn't have any playmakers besides Holmes, and that's only if he decides he wants to turn it on. facts are facts, Rex has the front office committed to making the defense great and that's about it.
    Are you happy with the Jets' defense? You can't have everything in today's NFL. You want more attention payed to the offense, then you get crap on defense. You have to hope to develop lesser players to compliment the team.

Besides, your post is wrong. You don't know if Powell can play, nor do you know if Hill will turn out to be a stud. Second, the starting offense has five of eleven players who are first round picks. Seriously, what do you want???

Veteran
    Stephen A Smith is the opposite of Skip Baylis and they almost cant be aired without the other. Together they keep it from looking like a good show, ruined by one loud mouth idiot and just balance it into a completely unwatchable POS.
    They burn me...

Undrafted Free Agent
    He's a big mouth jack a$$ who know little of what he's talking about.......never liked him........when he comes on I mute the ba$tard!!!!!

jf

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    I was listening to Stephen A on 1050 the other day. He said that Bill Calahan has to pull the oline together and his injury report was Joe Baker tore his MCL and was on IR.

the guy knows basketball but that's about it.
    Stephen A Smif doesn't really know anything about basketball either. Over the years he's defended some asinine signings by Isiah and got egg omelettes on his face with playoff predictions. People just assume he's this NBA guru does because he's black.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 08-30-2012 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    He and Skip are just trolls, so take what they say with a grain of salt.

Not to say I hate anyone who doesn't like the Jets, though. I love Cowherd and he ALWAYS talks junk about us.
    Watching Skip Tebow and Stephen A Smif debate each other on that lousy talking head show on ESPN is like watching two mentally challeneged people argue with eachother.

Oh wait, both of those clowns are mentally challenged.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Oh noooo....the evil media.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    Are you happy with the Jets' defense? You can't have everything in today's NFL. You want more attention payed to the offense, then you get crap on defense. You have to hope to develop lesser players to compliment the team.

Besides, your post is wrong. You don't know if Powell can play, nor do you know if Hill will turn out to be a stud. Second, the starting offense has five of eleven players who are first round picks. Seriously, what do you want???
    It seems like a lot of teams have it both ways. Look at the packers, giants, saints, 49ers, ravens, steelers, even the pats for Christ sake. These teams have good offenses with good to elite defenses, and have been making the playoffs and winning super bowls for years.

And how is my post wrong? In extended time this preseason against 2nd and 3rd teamers, Powell has been extremely underwhelming. And I actually really like Hill, but he's a rookie, and so far has shown a knack for dropping very easy passes. Also, just because a player is a first round pick doesn't mean he's the answer.

If indeed the time winds up somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8, yes, we're a joke.

Heck, if the team winds up outside of the playoffs at all we're a joke. With this defense and the brash talking this organization does, the playoffs should be expected every year. Every. Single. Year. Once in a while they can miss it, it happens to all, but twice in a row? No. And they brought that on themselves.