Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: negative media: how much is based on media speculation vs. Jets org

negative media: how much is based on media speculation vs. Jets org

Very hard to find a positive article, analysis even some posts here. The team has yet to have a losing season under Rex, Eli didn't have great numbers his first 3 years, defense has been better than most,and Tebow talk is media driven, not diva driven.....yet it seems team is doomed

Question.....so where is the line between what the media thinks and Jets actual teams ability meet

Trolls.....answering "jets suck" doesn't count.....

It's all meaningless until the real games start. To say this team is going to suck, is absurd. The D is better than any Rex has had here, and the O should not be worse than it was in 2009 since Sanchez is a much better player now than he was then. Tebow and the wildcat will also bring te Jets back to being one of te top rushing teams in the league.

All this negative media is a joke, and all the mindless suckers are eating it up.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

All I have to say is this, we've had some of our best seasons when the media was down on us.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    There's a lot of teams we're gonna' beat down this season. I LOVE flying under the radar. And use the negativity as fuel.

All Pro
    The media knows virtually nothing and regurgitates the same recycled material over and over again. Watch when the Jets come out and hammer the Bills and score a few touchdowns. All of a sudden the media experts will be reminding everyone that the pre-season means nothing, yada yada. I noticed too that the same media that were calling Coples a bust pick and a horrible risk are now suddenly silent. Don't expect them to step up and admit their misjudgment. These people NEVER admit when they're wrong. They just spin the facts to make themselves look like experts, no matter what. Something tells me the Jets are going to surprise the pessimists and the haters this year. We really haven't seen what's under to hood or in the tank at all.

the sports media is just like the news media. totally clueless and run by odumbo(obama). totally unwatchable

It just makes me laugh. We obviously improved from last year and most of them where saying last year would be our year. So what has really changed? No 100 year old Plax and Mason? No crap Ss? No LT and his 500-700 yards? No Hunter? I don't get it. It isn't like we lost a great play maker. Want makes them think we play worse is all. Because we added Tebow? It isn't like he is the starter.

The offense will be better than many expect it to be.
    The oline is better this year vs last year, Sanchez looks more mature + the wildcat with Tebow will be effective. The wr's haven't even been on the field all at the same time yet. McKnight adds a dimension on third down and his a home run threat every time he touches the ball. Greene averages over 4 yards/carry and is at his best when he touches the ball over 20 times/game.
    Hill shows promise. There's a lot to like about this offense, and there is potential to be good despite what many in the media are saying.

defensively, this team is going to be top 5, no questions about that.

All League
    here's a gem from sny sports about our recent trade for jason smith...

http://web.sny.tv/media/video.jsp?topic_id=21533122

It really is ridiculous. The media is already firing Tannenbaum and calling the season a disaster.

Sure, there's always negativity but there year seems different. All we hear about is how bad this team is, how there's no talent, how the offense is the worst in the league...

It's amazing, they haven't even played a game, haven't seen the full offense, (which by the way is a completely new offense) haven't had the starting receivers on the field together yet and lastly, the offense moved the ball with relative ease last week - just didn't punch it in.

Jets are going to be very good this year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    here's a gem from sny sports about our recent trade for jason smith...

http://web.sny.tv/media/video.jsp?topic_id=21533122
    Watching the whole thing I really like the India person. Our new position coaches I believe will make a big difference for the wide outs, and Dline. Maybe not right away, but every week I believe our young players will get better. I haven't seen anything about our Oline coach, but Sporano probably wouldn't put up with less being an oline coach himself. Austin Howard looks like he's learned a lot of technic in a year. Now if we can just sign Cooley, and terminate John Carter I'll be satisfied. Ready for this season to start.

The sports executives in the media, instruct their so called pundits, what themes they should be parroting for each team.

Like...

The QB competition...Sanchez vs Tebow

The fractured locker room...will they all get along this year? Sanchez and Holmes...are they hugging and kissing again?

Holmes got angry over his amount of reps asked of him.

When will Holmes become a cancer for this team again?

When will Tebow start at QB this season?

Tebow took his shirt off. Tebow highlights. Tebow...Tebow...Tebow...mania!

The above sample, is the agenda of crap, that the media morons continuously parrot about the Jets. This is the dribble that's supposed to be considered football analysis and content.

Phuck'em all

All Pro
    I feel a lot better about the offense since the last game. Mark looked very good with a little time in the pocket. Hill looks like he's come a long way learning how to run routes, and good getting off a jam. Hopefully he learns to catch the ball, and how to turn up field once he does. We moved the ball pretty well, and if not for the short yardage, and the drops we would have probably had 3 touchdowns. I'm not so worried about the short yardage, because we didn't try any misdirection at all, and I'm hoping that Conner will be Terminated, and an Hback will be signed in his place. Too bad we lost Baker. Greene's best runs seem to be from a one back set. We did move the ball, and redzone play depends a lot on fooling the D. We didn't try to do that at all, and we had no TEs on any red zone plays. InEpps doesn't count. Back off the ledge people.

Here's a perfect example, and it's why I am 100% tuning out the media until we start 4-2 or something decent like that.

All articles about the Jets can't resist a smug little attempted kick in the nads at the end:

Taken from a recent PFT article, link removed so I don't give them any extra traffic.

“It’s just a reminder of what it takes and how difficult the task is to all be in one accord and doing it the right way,” secondary coach Dennis Thurman said in June when the coaches went through the session. “And when you do that, that also filters down to the players. When they see we are all together, the players say, ‘OK, they’re all together.’ How can we not be all together?”

Yes, how can it not work?

It’s almost inconceivable.

Taken from a completely different PFT article, link removed so I don't give them any extra traffic.

But despite Namath’s grave concerns about the Jets’ offense, he also said he thinks the Jets’ defense is good enough that they should win nine or 10 games this season. Which means that, for all his criticism, Namath is probably higher on the Jets than most NFL observers are. Which doesn’t speak well for the views of the Jets around the NFL.
    But when they talk about other teams, it's either unbiased or slanted towards the positive.

Taken from a different PFT article about the Raiders

Moore caught 19 passes and three touchdowns after Palmer joined the team last season and the Raiders were hopeful that would serve as a springboard to more production this season. It’s been a long layoff, though, and it could take Moore some time to get back up to speed.

The positive for the Raiders is that Rod Streater has stepped up and had success at receiver this preseason. He looks comfortable in the offense and that could wind up making the passing game more effective this season.
    It's sickening for me to think there are kids growing up, young Jets fans, who wonder why the rest of the world hates their team. And they are completely accurate in their observation. I wonder how many future fans this is costing us. Seriously - if you're a very young Jets fan, you've gotta wonder why everyone is constantly telling you that your team is not just garbage, but deserves to have every article or soliloquy made about them end with some sort of lame ass smug humour.

All League
    The downside of having Rex is the extra media attention - good and bad. He brings the hype and the hate.

No TD's in 3 preseason games isn't good either for an over-saturated sports media culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Here's a perfect example, and it's why I am 100% tuning out the media until we start 4-2 or something decent like that.

All articles about the Jets can't resist a smug little attempted kick in the nads at the end:

But when they talk about other teams, it's either unbiased or slanted towards the positive.

It's sickening for me to think there are kids growing up, young Jets fans, who wonder why the rest of the world hates their team. And they are completely accurate in their observation. I wonder how many future fans this is costing us. Seriously - if you're a very young Jets fan, you've gotta wonder why everyone is constantly telling you that your team is not just garbage, but deserves to have every article or soliloquy made about them end with some sort of lame ass smug humour.
    That was brilliant research. Right on the money. Thanks for this!

Undrafted Free Agent
    The offense will surprise many of the so called informed media.......GReene will have serious lanes to run through........ O-line will protect........Sanchez will continue to improve and even impress.........D-line will make several key plays throughout the season and the total defense will be top 3. Screw the same old media trash talking.......until the first game is played, they know nothing nor did Rex show 'em anything

jf

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post

Preaching to the quire Astoria.
    It's gotten to the point for me where when any time the Jets come up with non Jet fans, the media crapola has to get discussed. And I'm 31 and crying about it, those the poor kids!
    Giants fans, at least locally, those that I know, have been fairly understanding of it all. Just my experience, not making any claims.
    But outside of NY it maybe worse, e.g. ESPN in Cortland, it just feeds the sports/entertainment media machine, and there are plenty of people out there to eat up all the "drama".

The Media hates Rex Ryan. The one guy in the media who actually doesn't have an anti-Rex vendetta besides Boningo is Chris Russo.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    All I have to say is this, we've had some of our best seasons when the media was down on us.
    so ture