Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do not dare call for Rex Ryan's head after this season:

All League
    Rex Ryan's head, you have a call on line 2.

Hall Of Fame
    Who wants to cut Ryan's head off?

That is a bit much.

Maybe fire him if the team sucks, but there is no reason to kill him. He is a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Rex is regressing as a head coach. He was very good his first year but he has moved further and further back into just being a defensive guy to the point that I am not sure as a head coach he can lead an offense that will be good enough.

If we tank this year, he needs to go along with Tanny
    Rex has regressed??? Why because we didnt make the playoffs one year? Because he had locker room issues last year???

This happens to every single team out there when they arent winning. The illustrious bill cowher that SAR likes to bring up had back to back 7-9 and 6-10 seasons, did they fire him? After his SB win, Gruden had 3 losing seasons in his next 4.

At the end of the day Rex is an excellent defensive mind, who cares about improving (see Jenny's article from a month ago)as a HC. He had dialed back his boasting, stayed out of the media eye this offseason, and is finding ways to improve the locker room (see yesterday's leadership excercise). With him we KNOW we will have a top 10 defense every year, and will at least be able to compete.

Geezus, we had an aging defense last year (FYI Rex isnt the GM) and finished 8-8, not 3-13.....Im with the OP 100%, he should be given minimum 2 years to see where he can take us.

Hall Of Fame
    On the fence about Ryan but Tannenbaum should have nothing more to say about this franchise. The problem with that is that any new GM worth his salt is going to want his own HC in here.

Nah, for better or for worse those two are joined at the hip.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Clusterf*ck of a roster?? you clearly have been brainwashed by the media....we have a dominating D and a new offense that needs to be learned....I think we will be fine....
    o ok you're right....I should have said clusterf*ck of an offense....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    No Jets fan is going to sit here and say keep Rex and Tanny if the have a loosing season like 6-10. He's also got the big task of nocking the Pats out of first in the east, which means winning 13+ games. I don't see it. Rex is too soft and loyal to players that under produce.
    Hence the problem, which is what he is talking about.

We could have Bill Cowher in here, and when he loses two seasons, he should be replaced by the reincarnation of Bill Walsh.

If we lose a season, Walsh would be replaced with the reincarnation of Tom Landry. If Landry loses, it would then be Lombardi.

That is why New York teams are rarely successful. The media pressure to win ALL the time is absolutely ridiculous. The ONLY reason the Yankees don't fall to this is the fact they buy there way into Championships year after year.

If Jets fans TRULY want to win, they would stick with Rex for AT LEAST 6-7 years.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Rex has regressed??? Why because we didnt make the playoffs one year? Because he had locker room issues last year???

This happens to every single team out there when they arent winning. The illustrious bill cowher that SAR likes to bring up had back to back 7-9 and 6-10 seasons, did they fire him? After his SB win, Gruden had 3 losing seasons in his next 4.

At the end of the day Rex is an excellent defensive mind, who cares about improving (see Jenny's article from a month ago)as a HC. He had dialed back his boasting, stayed out of the media eye this offseason, and is finding ways to improve the locker room (see yesterday's leadership excercise). With him we KNOW we will have a top 10 defense every year, and will at least be able to compete.

Geezus, we had an aging defense last year (FYI Rex isnt the GM) and finished 8-8, not 3-13.....Im with the OP 100%, he should be given minimum 2 years to see where he can take us.
    JEEPERS....can I agree anymore.

SAR would be calling for Cowher's head if he had two back-to-back seasons. Hell, it only took Rex to have ONE 8-8 season for him to be ranked with the Rich Kotite's of Jet history.

The only bad thing about being a Jet fan is....well.....Jet fans...

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    +1 Couldn't possibly agree any more. Rex Ryan is the first real HC the organization has seen since Parcells. Getting rid of him would be embracing mediocrity, something I will NEVER have any intentions of doing. And neither should you.
    But you continously bash on Sanchez, who has been heavily supported by Coach Ryan.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post

SAR would be calling for Cowher's head if he had two back-to-back seasons. Hell, it only took Rex to have ONE 8-8 season for him to be ranked with the Rich Kotite's of Jet history.

WRONG

SAR is calling for Rex's head NOT because of his record and NOT because of his behavior.

SAR is calling for Rex's head because he LOST THE TEAM.

The Jets top players and coaching staff are at a f-cking "offsite leadership training" for God's sake. Seven months since the Miami implosion, four months since OTA's and they STILL can't get along.

Team Dysfuction, ready for takeoff.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

If Jets fans TRULY want to win, they would stick with Rex for AT LEAST 6-7 years.
    Sticking with the same head coach for 6+ years is a great concept as long as you pick the right head coach.

If the Jets TRULY want to win they need to keep the revolving door moving until they find a head coach that the players respect and want to play hard for. Then stick with THAT guy for 6+ years.

You low standards fans get what you deserve. Let's see how you feel in October.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    WRONG

SAR is calling for Rex's head NOT because of his record and NOT because of his behavior.

SAR is calling for Rex's head because he LOST THE TEAM.

The Jets top players and coaching staff are at a f-cking "offsite leadership training" for God's sake. Seven months since the Miami implosion, four months since OTA's and they STILL can't get along.

Team Dysfuction, ready for takeoff.

SAR I
    How does the offsite program imply they arent getting along?

Brady Hoke took his top players at Michigan to a very similar thing, did he lose the team? Multiple members of the USA olympic team attended similar training, were they feuding?

What this ACTUALLY shows is Rex working to fix a problem, as opposed to thinking the problem will fix itself.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

How does the offsite program imply they arent getting along?

Brady Hoke took his top players at Michigan to a very similar thing, did he lose the team? Multiple members of the USA olympic team attended similar training, were they feuding?

What this ACTUALLY shows is Rex working to fix a problem, as opposed to thinking the problem will fix itself.

A year ago we're toying with the idea of Aso to tweak the best roster in Jets history as Super Bowl favorites.

Today we're doing trust-falls with a shrink after failing to score a single TD in three exhibition games.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! All is well!"

SAR I

A year ago we're toying with the idea of Aso to tweak the best roster in Jets history as Super Bowl favorites.

Today we're doing trust-falls with a shrink after failing to score a single TD in three exhibition games.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! All is well!"

SAR I
    If you spent time ACTUALLY reading what they were doing, the training was with an Army Special Forces Operator.

But considering you are someone who actually complained about US military personnel at the games, then Im not surprised you would post a ridiculous picture as if that is what the team is doing.

SAR - WORST TROLL EVER

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

If you spent time ACTUALLY reading what they were doing, the training was with an Army Special Forces Operator.

But considering you are someone who actually complained about US military personnel at the games, then Im not surprised you would post a ridiculous picture as if that is what the team is doing.
    There are 31 other NFL head coaches who aren't distracted by an offsite psychiatrist today because their teams, you know, respect them.

SAR I

There are 31 other NFL head coaches who aren't distracted by an offsite psychiatrist today because their teams, you know, respect them.

SAR I
    Im sure you know if his players respect him or not.

SAR - WORST TROLL EVER
    Is that true??????????????

All League

+1
    Reading half the posters on this board makes me feel lucky to be surrounded by Pats fan.......I can't imagine Browns fans being more negative ....... and they actually have a reason to be!

Sent from my LG-P999

SAR - WORST TROLL EVER

Hell of a charge there, I hope you remembered correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    100% True

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Originally Posted by SAR I 11-26-11
    Enough with the soldiers already. Haven't been to a Jets game since 2005 where some military person isn't being honored or it's some special military day. Every 20 minutes, there's some member of the armed forces on the LCD's, every 20 minutes I'm supposed to cheer.

Like any average American, I appreciate what these guys do for our country, I am grateful for how they make the safety of our freedom their mission in life. Truly, I appreciate everything they do.

I just don't need a reminder every time I go to a game.

SAR I