Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning and the Giants starting offense

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Eli Manning and the Giants starting offense

For te 3rd time this preseason, Eli Manning failed to complete better than 50% of his passes. And for the 2nd time in 3 weeks his first team offense failed to score a TD.

I guess the media will go crazy about this, like they do about the Jets offensive struggles? Nah

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    For te 3rd time this preseason, Eli Manning failed to complete better than 50% of his passes. And for the 2nd time in 3 weeks his first team offense failed to score a TD.

I guess the media will go crazy about this, like they do about the Jets offensive struggles? Nah
    the media gives eli a pass because he has won 2 SB's.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    And tonight in four series it was the Giants starting O versus the Pats 2nd string D and they didn't move the ball or score a point.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    And tonight in four series it was the Giants starting O versus the Pats 2nd string D and they didn't move the ball or score a point.
    That's because this years defensive back-ups for the Pats are all going to be All-Pros.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I take nothing from the preseason at all, let alone game 4. They should do away with this game and give a bye going into the RS.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    This Pats-Giants game is the prime example of how worthless the 4th preseason game is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's really just 4 15-minute windows for guys to get injured.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not, once you win a few Super Bowls, you don't need to prove you are an NFL quality QB.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsplumber View Post
    the media gives eli a pass because he has won 2 SB's.
    IMO he can take a dump in the middle of the field and not get any heat from it 2 SB MVPs, he can do anything.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean he is washed up in an org that he has contributed in 2 of the 4 SB's.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Demps hasn't done crap. Good pass.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

They won the Super Bowl a few months ago. 2nd in 4 years.

Dump.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, Eli sucks...he'll never win a Super Bowl...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Demps hasn't done crap. Good pass.
    Aaaaand, he's hurt.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Aaaaand, he's hurt.
    What do you mean "good pass". The Jets didn't pass on him, they wanted him. He chose the Patriots. He's had a week's worth of practices...I guess the Pats made a good call "passing" on Tebow

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    What do you mean "good pass". The Jets didn't pass on him, they wanted him. He chose the Patriots. He's had a week's worth of practices...I guess the Pats made a good call "passing" on Tebow
    Maybe they passed on him for the money on the table. we don't know. Good miss?! How's that?
    What we do know is that you troll hard up in here.
    Last edited by stanner; 08-29-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    IMO he can take a dump in the middle of the field and not get any heat from it 2 SB MVPs, he can do anything.
    the giants are a classy organization. eli wouldnt be taking a dump in the middle of the field, hes elite, he will use a toliet. thats something the media would write that the jets would do.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Point is its preseason, and the Giants shouldn't be getting criticized for offense not scoring and neither should the Jets.

Can't wait til the Jets score a TD on the opening drive vs. Buffalo. Sanchez produced 32 TDs last year and suddenly the media wants everyone to panic and think he might never score again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    They won the Super Bowl a few months ago. 2nd in 4 years.

Dump.
    Dump you.

The point wasn't that Eli sucks, but that preseason is a joke and all this media hysteria is dumb. The fact that half of you schmoes on this board are buying into it and writing off the season already is hilarious.