Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 79

Thread: Fox News on Ryan's speech

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,559
    Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    you same people wont be saying anything if a republican was in there stealing everything and giving the rest to his friends and family. see this is my problem with this country, the entitlement is whites want all of them for themselves and if they cant, its called welfare or then its the scorched earth policy in play when you spoiled white boys cant get what your way.
    Wow. Election season is really bringing the ignorant azzholes out of the woodwork.

    Get lost, you're not needed here.

  2. #22

    you go warfish............

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Can you elaborate on this statement, and define "fair" for us, as you see it? Thanks.



    So to be clear on this, Romney/Ryan is a facist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facist) ticket, looking to create a totalitarian state based on the personal power and magnetism of the leader, Romney, backed by a personal pledge of loyalty by all to this leader above all, including the State, as in Nazi Germany circa 1930's.

    I'm curious, what do you think is his purpose in Romney following the National Socialist model? Whats his "endgame" if you will? Hitler's was quite clear, Lebensraum (living space), racial purety, and the extermination of what he deemed "lesser" racial types. What is Romney/Ryan's goal?
    thats why you are my favorite poster, (my son in law is german by the way)

  3. #23

    not at all chief............

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Though I suspect that guy is just your average everyday liberal.
    just your every day realist, ive seen the doings of this country since my days growing up in harlem and getting an education that i couldnt get in school on 125th st. i started reading any and everything i could. starting from james baldwin to dr henrick clarke on everything else. frankly i dont believe in politics, because its run by men. so please keep your false assumptions to yourself, thank you, heres a thought, why not ask me first.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    all the knuckleheads who are still going to vote for this ticket. because america has a problem being fair, thus the code words like entitlement. which reagan had been put in office with a mandate to undo all the entitlements that were force to be given to the other part of the american people thru the federal gov'ment by FDR. the romney/ryan plan is to take us back to the days of yore, and quite frankly smacks of ye ole german play book. well if you see the reichstag burning again you'll know what time it is.
    The only knuckleheads would be the ones who vote for 4 more years of the Disaster in Chief. You play the fear ticket as well as the democrats do.

  5. #25

    i may be an azzhole grant you.............

    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Wow. Election season is really bringing the ignorant azzholes out of the woodwork.

    Get lost, you're not needed here.
    but i am by no means ignorant. i just happened to take this red pill that was offered me, then all this noise and flashing lights and crap started and i wake up. i wanted to go back to sleep at first but the tall black guy said "but why would you want to" so here i am dude.

  6. #26

    so be it.............

    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    The only knuckleheads would be the ones who vote for 4 more years of the Disaster in Chief. You play the fear ticket as well as the democrats do.
    my brother was in vietnam before me. i was fortunate not to have to go. he was stationed in thailand. he said one government would be in place in the day time and another would take offer at night. the peasants didnt care, they just wanted to grow rice. with that being said, its ok to be the king, but where is it writen you cant be the king for all the being, or you have to be a tirant, or you have to be a bad king. what is so wrong with being a fair and just king. answer me that. why is that never an option.
    communist believed that being a tirant was part of the job discription. just some thought, because i have a fair, good and just heart, so i feel out of sorts, out numbered and at odds with this system.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,440
    Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    you same people wont be saying anything if a republican was in there stealing everything and giving the rest to his friends and family. see this is my problem with this country, the entitlement is whites want all of them for themselves and if they cant, its called welfare or then its the scorched earth policy in play when you spoiled white boys cant get what your way.
    you should try reading the NY papers, dumass. Even just the last few weeks, minority Legislators and state Senators in NY have gotten the handcuff treatment due to robbing their own non-profits, setting up lovers and family members with no-show jobs, etc. You're an idiot.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    you should try reading the NY papers, dumass. You're an idiot.

  9. #29

    ok, watch the name calling..............

    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    you should try reading the NY papers, dumass. Even just the last few weeks, minority Legislators and state Senators in NY have gotten the handcuff treatment due to robbing their own non-profits, setting up lovers and family members with no-show jobs, etc. You're an idiot.
    lets not make this personal. 1st of all i dont live in new york i live in ga. and i dont read their news papers either. its called corruption, and its in all aspects of politics, it corrupts absolutely. and dumass is spelled dumbass, doofus.

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cape coral fl.
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    you same people wont be saying anything if a republican was in there stealing everything and giving the rest to his friends and family. see this is my problem with this country, the entitlement is whites want all of them for themselves and if they cant, its called welfare or then its the scorched earth policy in play when you spoiled white boys cant get what your way.
    actually i can only speak for myself on your comment and i would speak my mind always regardless of the oppositons party. i say "their" party because i am a registered independant.. my alliances are only to my own common sense and the constitution of this great land we inhabit.....

    p.s.
    im not a "white boy". you lose any argument with anybody that has any sense as soon as you throw the race card...

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cape coral fl.
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    frankly i dont believe in politics, because its run by men..
    ...... but yet here you are in the "politics and world events" section?????

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    frankly i dont believe in politics, because its run by men.
    Your wife did some number on you.

  13. #33
    Paul Ryan doesn't want to be vice president. It's evident in his acceptance speech packed with lies about President Obama.

    You know (Google it folks), Paul Ryan in his senior year of high school was voted "biggest brown noser". Yes, and he'll say awsnything to suck up to the crowd he's trying to win over.

  14. #34

    that's all i can ask.......

    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    actually i can only speak for myself on your comment and i would speak my mind always regardless of the oppositons party. i say "their" party because i am a registered independant.. my alliances are only to my own common sense and the constitution of this great land we inhabit.....

    p.s.
    im not a "white boy". you lose any argument with anybody that has any sense as soon as you throw the race card...
    i dont mind taking this position, i know its not popular and comes with its own share of backlash but it makes for good conversation (i can take it, i have thick skin)

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,440
    Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    lets not make this personal. 1st of all i dont live in new york i live in ga. and i dont read their news papers either. its called corruption, and its in all aspects of politics, it corrupts absolutely. and dumass is spelled dumbass, doofus.
    first, lots of ironing for calling me out on name calling. Read your own posts.

    Second, dumass is internetz spelling of dumbass, and is therefore perfectly legitimate.

  16. #36
    To move this thread away from some of the buffoonery around here with noob posters making childish claims about "white boys"...

    http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...ral-agenda.htm

    The Media's 'Fact Check' Smokescreen

    Posted 08/30/2012 06:58 PM ET
    Email Print License Comment

    inShare

    Journalism: If media "fact checkers" are just impartial guardians of the truth, how come they got their own facts wrong about Paul Ryan's speech, and did so in a way that helped President Obama's re-election effort?

    Case in point was the rush of "fact check" stories claiming Ryan misled when he talked about a shuttered auto plant in his home state.

    Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler posted a piece "Ryan misleads on GM plant closing in hometown" saying Ryan "appeared to suggest" that Obama was responsible for the closure of a GM plant in Janesville, Wis.

    "That's not true," Kessler said. "The plant was closed in December 2008, before Obama was sworn in."

    What's not true are Kessler's "facts." Ryan didn't suggest Obama was responsible for shuttering the plant. Instead, he correctly noted that Obama promised during the campaign that the troubled plant "will be here for another hundred years" if his policies were enacted.

    Also, the plant didn't close in December 2008. It was still producing cars until April 2009.

    An AP "fact check" also claimed that "the plant halted production in December 2008" even though the AP itself reported in April 2009 that the plant was only then "closing for good."

    CNN's John King made the same claim about that plant closure. But when CNN looked more carefully at the evidence, it to its credit concluded that what Ryan said was "true."

    Subscribe to the IBD Editorials Podcast
    Media fact-checkers also complained about Ryan's charge that Obama is cutting $716 billion from Medicare to fund ObamaCare. Not true, they said. Medicare's growth is just being slowed.

    But Obama achieves that slower growth by making real cuts in provider payments. And in any case, the media always and everywhere call a reduction in the rate of federal spending growth a "cut." So why suddenly charge Ryan with being misleading for using that same term?

    In any case, Obama himself admitted that he's doing what Ryan says. In a November 2009 interview with ABC News, reporter Jake Tapper said to Obama that "one-third of the funding comes from cuts to Medicare," to which Obama's response was: "Right."

    The rest of Ryan's alleged factual errors aren't errors at all; it's just that the media didn't like how he said it. But since when is it a fact-checker's job to decide how a politician should construct his arguments?

    This isn't to say that journalists shouldn't check facts. Of course they should.

    The problem is that the mainstream press is now abusing the "fact check" label, using it to more aggressively push a liberal agenda without feeling the need to provide any balance whatsoever. And, as the reaction to the Ryan speech shows, they are now blatantly using it to provide air support for Obama.

    Is it any wonder that soon after Ryan's speech ended, the Obama campaign rushed out an ad using the media's "fact check" stories as its source?

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    The problem is that the mainstream press is now abusing the "fact check" label, using it to more aggressively push a liberal agenda without feeling the need to provide any balance whatsoever.
    I noticed that, too. It's amazing (although it shouldn't be at this point what with knowing all I know about the piss stream media) the level of obfuscation the 4th estate/5th column has taken their moonbattery too.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    I noticed that, too. It's amazing (although it shouldn't be at this point what with knowing all I know about the piss stream media) the level of obfuscation the 4th estate/5th column has taken their moonbattery too.
    Soviet-style, Ministry of Truth stuff. Fools a lot of people...

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Soviet-style, Ministry of Truth stuff. Fools a lot of people...
    It's not quite Orwell's 1984, yet, but it's definitely trending that way.

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    It's not quite Orwell's 1984, yet, but it's definitely trending that way.
    I think its farther along than you think. The word "Facts" are thrown around with authority, played with fast and loose. It used to be in logical fallacy territory, but its gotten much worse the last 5 or 6 years.

    And it goes hand in hand with "settled science"....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us