Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 79

Thread: Fox News on Ryan's speech

  1. #1

    Fox News on Ryan's speech

    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...#ixzz250v9pz9M

    On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold.

    The good news is that the Romney-Ryan campaign has likely created dozens of new jobs among the legions of additional fact checkers that media outlets are rushing to hire to sift through the mountain of cow dung that flowed from Ryan’s mouth. Said fact checkers have already condemned certain arguments that Ryan still irresponsibly repeated.

    Fact: While Ryan tried to pin the downgrade of the United States’ credit rating on spending under President Obama, the credit rating was actually downgraded because Republicans threatened not to raise the debt ceiling.

    Fact: While Ryan blamed President Obama for the shut down of a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin, the plant was actually closed under President George W. Bush. Ryan actually asked for federal spending to save the plant, while Romney has criticized the auto industry bailout that President Obama ultimately enacted to prevent other plants from closing.

    Fact: Though Ryan insisted that President Obama wants to give all the credit for private sector success to government, that isn't what the president said. Period.

    Fact: Though Paul Ryan accused President Obama of taking $716 billion out of Medicare, the fact is that that amount was savings in Medicare reimbursement rates (which, incidentally, save Medicare recipients out-of-pocket costs, too) and Ryan himself embraced these savings in his budget plan.

    Elections should be about competing based on your record in the past and your vision for the future, not competing to see who can get away with the most lies and distortions without voters noticing or bother to care. Both parties should hold themselves to that standard. Republicans should be ashamed that there was even one misrepresentation in Ryan’s speech but sadly, there were many.
    Yikes.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 08-30-2012 at 04:01 AM.

  2. #2

    and watch...............

    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    all the knuckleheads who are still going to vote for this ticket. because america has a problem being fair, thus the code words like entitlement. which reagan had been put in office with a mandate to undo all the entitlements that were force to be given to the other part of the american people thru the federal gov'ment by FDR. the romney/ryan plan is to take us back to the days of yore, and quite frankly smacks of ye ole german play book. well if you see the reichstag burning again you'll know what time it is.

  3. #3
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    all the knuckleheads who are still going to vote for this ticket. because america has a problem being fair, thus the code words like entitlement. which reagan had been put in office with a mandate to undo all the entitlements that were force to be given to the other part of the american people thru the federal gov'ment by FDR. the romney/ryan plan is to take us back to the days of yore, and quite frankly smacks of ye ole german play book. well if you see the reichstag burning again you'll know what time it is.
    The real knuckleheads will vote for Obozo and then walk around like Zombies for another four years trying to find their Obozo cash....

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cape coral fl.
    Posts
    2,693
    THE U.S. IS BORROWING OR PRINTING MORE than 40 cents of every dollar the government spends today. The math is simple: Federal spending must be cut not by millions or billions, but by trillions. And it must be done today.

    It's time to:

    Submit a Balanced Budget to Congress, not five or ten years down the road, but in 2013.
    End excessive spending, bloated stimulus programs, unnecessary farm subsidies, and earmarks.
    Reassess the role of the federal government and identify responsibilities that can be met more efficiently by the private sector.
    Recognize that you can't have limited government at home, but big government abroad.


    simple solution by the libretarian party and gary johnson

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Dim wit! Sally Kohn is a democrat contributor to FOX...WTF did you expect her to write that Ryan knocked it out of the park? Which he did by the way...this is why Fox is fair and balanced. Do you think Obama's propaganda channel (MSNBC) would allow a republican contributor to write a disparaging article like this...not only are you people sheep, you are blind sheep.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,541
    Quote Originally Posted by NIGHT STALKER View Post
    Dim wit! Sally Kohn is a democrat contributor to FOX...WTF did you expect her to write that Ryan knocked it out of the park? Which he did by the way...this is why Fox is fair and balanced. Do you think Obama's propaganda channel (MSNBC) would allow a republican contributor to write a disparaging article like this...not only are you people sheep, you are blind sheep.
    +1

    Sally Kohn is a dumass partisan doosh. She succeeded in pushing Michelle Malkin's buttons with her BS and drivel, and Malkin rarely loses it like she did on Hannity's show.

  8. #8
    LOL to the OP. Ryan's speech was epic. One of the best political speeches I have personally ever seen. All of the nonesense in the Opinion piece was false.

    My favorite was the part on Medicare.

    "Fact: Though Paul Ryan accused President Obama of taking $716 billion out of Medicare, the fact is that that amount was savings in Medicare reimbursement rates (which, incidentally, save Medicare recipients out-of-pocket costs, too) and Ryan himself embraced these savings in his budget plan."

    LOL. What the writer neglected to mention is that after reducing what medicare pays to providers (which will limit seniors access to doctors and care) they then use the money not to strengthen medicare but rather to pay for the Obamacare entitlement.

    Only the twisted mind of a liberal progressive can think that people are too stupid to understand that taking 800billion out of medicare and using the money for a new entitlement would be a move that strengthens medicare.


    Here is another doozy from that article:

    "Fact: While Ryan tried to pin the downgrade of the United States’ credit rating on spending under President Obama, the credit rating was actually downgraded because Republicans threatened not to raise the debt ceiling."

    Another joke. I get that this is a talking point for leftists but does anyone really believe that our debt was downgraded because the Republicans are trying to get spending under control? The logic here is that raising our national debt by 50% in just 3 years wasn't the problem. The problem is the evil republicans that pointed out that the national debt has risen 50% in 3 years? That is obviously absurd. Regardless the national debt was downgraded under Obama. Thats the fact.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,541
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    LOL to the OP. Ryan's speech was epic. One of the best political speeches I have personally ever seen. All of the nonesense in the Opinion piece was false.

    My favorite was the part on Medicare.

    "Fact: Though Paul Ryan accused President Obama of taking $716 billion out of Medicare, the fact is that that amount was savings in Medicare reimbursement rates (which, incidentally, save Medicare recipients out-of-pocket costs, too) and Ryan himself embraced these savings in his budget plan."

    LOL. What the writer neglected to mention is that after reducing what medicare pays to providers (which will limit seniors access to doctors and care) they then use the money not to strengthen medicare but rather to pay for the Obamacare entitlement.

    Only the twisted mind of a liberal progressive can think that people are too stupid to understand that taking 800billion out of medicare and using the money for a new entitlement would be a move that strengthens medicare.


    Here is another doozy from that article:

    "Fact: While Ryan tried to pin the downgrade of the United States’ credit rating on spending under President Obama, the credit rating was actually downgraded because Republicans threatened not to raise the debt ceiling."

    Another joke. I get that this is a talking point for leftists but does anyone really believe that our debt was downgraded because the Republicans are trying to get spending under control? The logic here is that raising our national debt by 50% in just 3 years wasn't the problem. The problem is the evil republicans that pointed out that the national debt has risen 50% in 3 years? That is obviously absurd. Regardless the national debt was downgraded under Obama. Thats the fact.

    Remember the Soviets shooting down that Korean airliner? The truth is what the commies (or libs) say it is. Repeat it enough and the weakminded buy into it.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,564
    Isn't it quite a world we live in when you have to fact-check the "fact checkers"?

    You guys are missing an obvious example: Ryan never said that factory closed during Obama's term. She's disputing a statement that Ryan never made.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    because america has a problem being fair
    Can you elaborate on this statement, and define "fair" for us, as you see it? Thanks.

    the romney/ryan plan is to take us back to the days of yore, and quite frankly smacks of ye ole german play book. well if you see the reichstag burning again you'll know what time it is.
    So to be clear on this, Romney/Ryan is a facist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facist) ticket, looking to create a totalitarian state based on the personal power and magnetism of the leader, Romney, backed by a personal pledge of loyalty by all to this leader above all, including the State, as in Nazi Germany circa 1930's.

    I'm curious, what do you think is his purpose in Romney following the National Socialist model? Whats his "endgame" if you will? Hitler's was quite clear, Lebensraum (living space), racial purety, and the extermination of what he deemed "lesser" racial types. What is Romney/Ryan's goal?
    Last edited by Warfish; 08-30-2012 at 10:36 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...#ixzz250v9pz9M

    Fact: While Ryan tried to pin the downgrade of the United States’ credit rating on spending under President Obama, the credit rating was actually downgraded because Republicans threatened not to raise the debt ceiling.



    Yikes.
    I like to read this forum and try not to post but I felt I had to respond to what is flat out ridiculous. I love how she claims that what she says is "FACT" but is only half the story. This comment regarding the US Credit Rating downgrade is flat out disgraceful. Below is a link to the USA Today article after the downgrade.

    http://www.usatoday.com/money/econom...s-credit_n.htm

    S&P's statement was blunt in its assessment.

    "We lowered our long-term rating on the U.S. because we believe that the prolonged controversy over raising the statutory debt ceiling and the related fiscal policy debate indicate that further near-term progress containing the growth in public spending, especially on entitlements, or on reaching an agreement on raising revenues is less likely than we previously assumed and will remain a contentious and fitful process," the ratings firm said.

    "We also believe that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the administration agreed to this week falls short of the amount that we believe is necessary to stabilize the general government debt burden by the middle of the decade," S&P said.
    S&P cleary states that the downgrade was due to not raising the debt ceiling AND continuing with large growths in public spending.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Remember the Soviets shooting down that Korean airliner? The truth is what the commies (or libs) say it is. Repeat it enough and the weakminded buy into it.
    They have gotten away with the blatant lying and manipulation of statistical data for years because the press refuses to call them out on it. The lie about medicare funding is so egregious that it is hard to fathom how the media has ignored it.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,564
    Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    all the knuckleheads who are still going to vote for this ticket. because america has a problem being fair, thus the code words like entitlement. which reagan had been put in office with a mandate to undo all the entitlements that were force to be given to the other part of the american people thru the federal gov'ment by FDR. the romney/ryan plan is to take us back to the days of yore, and quite frankly smacks of ye ole german play book. well if you see the reichstag burning again you'll know what time it is.
    I'm sorry, but it actually makes me sad when it is put on full display like this how ignorant some people are.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I'm sorry, but it actually makes me sad when it is put on full display like this how ignorant some people are.
    Though I suspect that guy is just your average everyday liberal.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,949
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You guys are missing an obvious example: Ryan never said that factory closed during Obama's term. She's disputing a statement that Ryan never made.
    You are correct, but I thought there was a clear insinuation that the factory closed due an Obama policies and broken promises. It was misleading at best.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,564
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    You are correct, but I thought there was a clear insinuation that the factory closed due an Obama policies and broken promises. It was misleading at best.
    Disagree. To me, the message was clear that the economy has been in a bad spot, even prior to 2008. Ryan even acknowledged that Obama inherited a tough situation.

    Her outrage, like the same outrage we hear from both sides of the media, is built on false pretenses. She'll argue that she's dealing only in facts, but her facts only provide evidence against something that Ryan never said. She clearly is lying about what he said.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    You are correct, but I thought there was a clear insinuation that the factory closed due an Obama policies and broken promises. It was misleading at best.
    He was pointing out the broken promise made by Obama on that factory specifically. Obama also promised to keep the NASA space program alive and to speed up the development of a new shuttle when he spoke in Florida. The administration has since delayed the project multiple times. Thousands of people have been laid off along the Florida space coast. The sad thing is that after getting the blank check for 800Billion in stimulus to spend as he pleased Barry couldn't squeeze a couple of billion out of it to keep NASA going and actually save some jobs. Worse is the broken promises he made to those folks in Florida and Wisconsin and in just about every campaign pandering stop he made in 2008. .

  19. #19

    funny you guys talk this same smack..........

    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    THE U.S. IS BORROWING OR PRINTING MORE than 40 cents of every dollar the government spends today. The math is simple: Federal spending must be cut not by millions or billions, but by trillions. And it must be done today.

    It's time to:

    Submit a Balanced Budget to Congress, not five or ten years down the road, but in 2013.
    End excessive spending, bloated stimulus programs, unnecessary farm subsidies, and earmarks.
    Reassess the role of the federal government and identify responsibilities that can be met more efficiently by the private sector.
    Recognize that you can't have limited government at home, but big government abroad.


    simple solution by the libretarian party and gary johnson
    you same people wont be saying anything if a republican was in there stealing everything and giving the rest to his friends and family. see this is my problem with this country, the entitlement is whites want all of them for themselves and if they cant, its called welfare or then its the scorched earth policy in play when you spoiled white boys cant get what your way.

  20. #20

    ha, ha, ha, ha,

    Quote Originally Posted by NIGHT STALKER View Post
    Dim wit! Sally Kohn is a democrat contributor to FOX...WTF did you expect her to write that Ryan knocked it out of the park? Which he did by the way...this is why Fox is fair and balanced. Do you think Obama's propaganda channel (MSNBC) would allow a republican contributor to write a disparaging article like this...not only are you people sheep, you are blind sheep.
    fox................what planet do you hail from.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us