Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I completely exonerate Mike Tannebaum

All League

I completely exonerate Mike Tannebaum

I spent the entire offseason frustrated at Tannenbaum. This man wasted time, resources, and draft picks to bring in the Tebow circus.

Well our fabulous owner spewed out this gem: "I think you can never have too much Tebow"

I think it's clear where the order to get Tebow came from. God help us all.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    I spent the entire offseason frustrated at Tannenbaum. This man wasted time, resources, and draft picks to bring in the Tebow circus.

Well our fabulous owner spewed out this gem: "I think you can never have too much Tebow"

Alright enough already with this crap; both from the media and our fan base. Tebow will do some good things for the offense, may get a first down or two in punt formation, and will punch it in from the five yard line and will help the running game.

Let's stop whining before the season even begins.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post

I saw (or heard) that reported a couple of weeks ago by one of the Jets writers..I'm not sure which one, might have been the FAN guy, Peter Schwartz?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I saw (or heard) that reported a couple of weeks ago by one of the Jets writers..I'm not sure which one, might have been the FAN guy, Peter Schwartz?
    No. He said this yesterday. Jets season ticket holders should demand he sell the team after hearing that. He's clearly a moron with some of the things he continues to say.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I have always thought this was a non-football move that smelled like it came from the marketing office.

Having the 4th rounder and the cash would have been better than Tebow, given the state of our o-line and learning a new offense.

Quote Originally Posted by OlTimeGiantFanFromLongAgo View Post
    No. He said this yesterday. Jets season ticket holders should demand he sell the team after hearing that. He's clearly a moron with some of the things he continues to say.
    No. What I stated is Schwartz reported (said) a couple of weeks ago the Tebow decision was Woody's...

Jets Insider VIP
    We dont need a weatherman when its raining. Most fans know this without a report.

Reality is...guys like Parcells would quit over this.

One or two moves fine...BUT, at some point, the integrity of the team and its results get tied to Tanny. He should man up and tell Woody NO.

Tebow and Favre are clear Woody moves. Coupled with rex's $hitty moves like cutting Woodhead, Conner, Vlad make us mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    We dont need a weatherman when its raining. Most fans know this without a report.

One or two moves fine...BUT, at some point, the integrity of the team and its results get tied to Tanny. He should man up and tell Woody NO.

Tebow and Favre are clear Woody moves. Coupled with rex's $hitty moves like cutting Woodhead, Conner, Vlad make us mediocre.

"I resign as HC of the NYJ."

Maybe BB should have had that trademarked

No. What I stated is Schwartz reported (said) a couple of weeks ago the Tebow decision was Woody's...
    My apologies.

As for Woody, it's clear that he doesn't care about winning but selling things.

If the Jets use the guy the way they should the naysayers will have to reevaluate. The guy has been money down near the goal line, his QB/Wildcat causes teams problems and he can make big plays with his feet when needed.

If Sanchez gets hurt we are in trouble at Qb that is for sure but having this guy on the team is a good thing.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Can we please stop all this predicting prior to the first game!!! Let's give them a chance and by them I mean Sparano, Tebow, Rex, Sanchez, etc. Let's pound Buffalo and then we'll have time for trash talk if nothing is working but not before.

jf

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    If the Jets use the guy the way they should the naysayers will have to reevaluate. The guy has been money down near the goal line, his QB/Wildcat causes teams problems and he can make big plays with his feet when needed.

If Sanchez gets hurt we are in trouble at Qb that is for sure but having this guy on the team is a good thing.
    As long as it's sporadic.

No he hasn't, in fact he was one of the worst QB's in the league in terms of point production and QB rating in the red zone. You wanna now who was money? Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    "I resign as HC of the NYJ."

Maybe BB should have had that trademarked
    Make no mistake...BB's evaluation of the 2 owners was probably FIRST with no close second in his decision.

Woody is basically a small cut above Al Davis and is on par wth that micro manager from Dallas. Dallas has done nothing since the cap has been put in place.

All Pro

Yeah, that cutting a 2nd rate running back who only succeeded because he went to the biggest offensive juggernaut in the league for the past decade...that was a STUPID move...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Yeah, that cutting a 2nd rate running back who only succeeded because he went to the biggest offensive juggernaut in the league for the past decade...that was a STUPID move...
    Woodhead would have been a better keep than say having 4 QB's on the roster. I get your point but if you care to defend the GM moves of this club as anything but barely average well..good luck

Everyone, including most Jet fans, have not even given Tebow a chance. Let's see how the Jets plan on using him before spewing hate at the owner and GM. Personally I think Tebow is going to be very helpful and this was a very smart football move.

3rd and shorts and inside the 5 yard line - it's very tough to stop Tebow. The Jets have had a lot of problems on 3rd and shorts. This might very well solve that problem and if it does it's clearly worth a 4th round pick.

As for if Sanchez get's hurt long term. Sure the Jets are in trouble, but what team in the NFL isn't in trouble if they lose their starting QB for a long stretch?

I would make the argument that if Sanchez goes down for a game or two - Tebow is ideally suited to come in a steal a win or two!

If Sparano can be creative with Tebow, & where and when he uses the wildcat, it will be successful.

Too many bad / average teams on the schedule that won't be able to prepare or defend against him, just like last year.

Rookie

Yes because drafting John Connor set this franchise back years....stop being a clown.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    Yes because drafting John Connor set this franchise back years....stop being a clown.
    personal attack? Blow me.

a 5th round pick who has done NOTHING.