Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I completely exonerate Mike Tannebaum

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailgater View Post
    If Sparano can be creative with Tebow, & where and when he uses the wildcat, it will be successful.

Too many bad / average teams on the schedule that won't be able to prepare or defend against him, just like last year.
    I agree, if used correctly (and sporatically) the Wildcat could be successful with Tebow. I just hope they don't overuse it. You know if they go a game or two without using it, the media and the fans will be in an uproar. But, I honestly believe it is better if used only under ideal circumstances when the defense is not expecting it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    I agree, if used correctly (and sporatically) the Wildcat could be successful with Tebow. I just hope they don't overuse it. You know if they go a game or two without using it, the media and the fans will be in an uproar. But, I honestly believe it is better if used only under ideal circumstances when the defense is not expecting it.
    I would disagree with the idea of trying to use it when unexpected - we shouldn't be about trying to fool people, but rather over-power them. My sense is it needs to be used situationally. Down and distance, game clock...etc.

As an example - 3rd and 1 or 2 - Tebow should come in just about every time. In that circumstance putting him behind center give the Jets their best chance of getting a first down so I say take advantage of it.

But if he didn't play any other downs other than 3rd and 1 or 2 I would be fine with it. You don't take Sanchez off the field just for the sake of it, do it when it gives you the advantage.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    I spent the entire offseason frustrated at Tannenbaum. This man wasted time, resources, and draft picks to bring in the Tebow circus.

Well our fabulous owner spewed out this gem: "I think you can never have too much Tebow"

I think it's clear where the order to get Tebow came from. God help us all.
    We can blame Tannenbaum AND Rex for the blatant neglect of the Offense, particularly the OL, RB and TE positions. He should be fired for that. But you are 100% correct on who is responsible for the moronic trade to acquire Tebow. It's all Woody. He looks at Tebow and sees ticket sales and back page headlines. Moron born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

I'd trade this horrible owner for the letcherous Bob Kraft in a heartbeat.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    We dont need a weatherman when its raining. Most fans know this without a report.

Reality is...guys like Parcells would quit over this.

One or two moves fine...BUT, at some point, the integrity of the team and its results get tied to Tanny. He should man up and tell Woody NO.

Tebow and Favre are clear Woody moves. Coupled with rex's $hitty moves like cutting Woodhead, Conner, Vlad make us mediocre.
    Ok. Thanks Carnac.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I would disagree with the idea of trying to use it when unexpected - we shouldn't be about trying to fool people, but rather over-power them. My sense is it needs to be used situationally. Down and distance, game clock...etc.

As an example - 3rd and 1 or 2 - Tebow should come in just about every time. In that circumstance putting him behind center give the Jets their best chance of getting a first down so I say take advantage of it.

But if he didn't play any other downs other than 3rd and 1 or 2 I would be fine with it. You don't take Sanchez off the field just for the sake of it, do it when it gives you the advantage.
    Yes, you are right. "Situationally" is a much better choice of words.

My point was more that I hope the coaching staff doesn't feel compelled to over-use Tebow, and I hope there is no edict from ownership that he needs to be in there for so many plays per game.

He could be effective if used correctly.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTimeGiantFanFromLongAgo View Post
    No. He said this yesterday. Jets season ticket holders should demand he sell the team after hearing that. He's clearly a moron with some of the things he continues to say.
    You have got to be kidding.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't Woody say...I'm 82 years old and I want to sell PSL's now

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    personal attack? Blow me.

a 5th round pick who has done NOTHING.
    To keep bringing up a 5th round FB who is a demon on ST's as if it has had any downside and is someone to criticize a FO over is stupid.

Find a different rant. And why do you want a guy to blow you?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    Yes, you are right. "Situationally" is a much better choice of words.

My point was more that I hope the coaching staff doesn't feel compelled to over-use Tebow, and I hope there is no edict from ownership that he needs to be in there for so many plays per game.

He could be effective if used correctly.
    I completely agree with you. Let's not use Tebow as a novelty. There's is a time when it makes Football sense to use Tebow and those times should be pre-determined by the coaching staff.

If they bring Tebow in just for the sake of playing Tebow..and Say "we're going to use Tebow for 10 snaps a week" that would simply be a poor coaching. Use your weapons, and Tebow can be a power weapon, but use him for the right reasons.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We dont need a weatherman when its raining. Most fans know this without a report.

Reality is...guys like Parcells would quit over this.

One or two moves fine...BUT, at some point, the integrity of the team and its results get tied to Tanny. He should man up and tell Woody NO.

Tebow and Favre are clear Woody moves. Coupled with rex's $hitty moves like cutting Woodhead, Conner, Vlad make us mediocre.
    You can thank Woody for Plaxico, Tebow, and Favre -- in order from the dumbest to least dumb.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Ok. Thanks Carnac.
    CMART That was not meant to be a smart a$$ comment. My apology. Worded it poorly.

I simply was implying most JETS fans know Woody gets very involved.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    To keep bringing up a 5th round FB who is a demon on ST's as if it has had any downside and is someone to criticize a FO over is stupid.

Find a different rant. And why do you want a guy to blow you?
    Demon??? He may not make the team this year.

We all make mistakes so I get that but a 5th rounder is a valuable pick considering half the league is 6th round or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    You can thank Woody for Plaxico, Tebow, and Favre -- in order from the dumbest to least dumb.
    Careful...the kool aid is spiked pretty strong today. Truth may get you yelled at.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Plax, nonsense.

Tebow, you might want to let it play out before telling everyone how it will turn out giving youre guessing

Favre, no one complained until his arm blew out. When the Jets were coming off a win in NE, in first, no one called it dumb.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Demon??? He may not make the team this year.

We all make mistakes so I get that but a 5th rounder is a valuable pick considering half the league is 6th round or worse.

Careful...the kool aid is spiked pretty strong today. Truth may get you yelled at.
    If he doesn't make the team, 1 I'll be surprised, 2 it's because they have someone who can do more or do his job better. 3. Because Sporano isn't a proponent of using two backs and a FB.

A shock, a 5th round pick may not make it in year 3. Wow, isn't that a rip of a FO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was obvious from the start that it was a publicity move. Its a ****ing joke

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    I spent the entire offseason frustrated at Tannenbaum. This man wasted time, resources, and draft picks to bring in the Tebow circus.

Well our fabulous owner spewed out this gem: "I think you can never have too much Tebow"

I think it's clear where the order to get Tebow came from. God help us all.
    woody has to do something to fill up the half empty upper tier. lowering the prices hasnt been enough. still a ton of seats left. every sports station i watch on FIOS keep running jets commercials for $50 tix. i gues nobody is buying

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make no mistake...BB's evaluation of the 2 owners was probably FIRST with no close second in his decision.

Woody is basically a small cut above Al Davis and is on par wth that micro manager from Dallas. Dallas has done nothing since the cap has been put in place.

FYI

Woody didn't own the team when BB fled

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by david1023 View Post
    As long as it's sporadic.
    I won't mind slightly more than sporadic if the other team is having trouble with it but certainly the main QB is and should be Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Plax, nonsense.

Tebow, you might want to let it play out before telling everyone how it will turn out giving youre guessing

Favre, no one complained until his arm blew out. When the Jets were coming off a win in NE, in first, no one called it dumb.
    Yup 8-3 and having beaten the Pats and then the undefeated Titans. The Favre thing fell to pieces (partly due to his injury, partly due to some very dubious coaching down the stretch). It was far from just a pub stunt.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Yup 8-3 and having beaten the Pats and then the undefeated Titans. The Favre thing fell to pieces (partly due to his injury, partly due to some very dubious coaching down the stretch). It was far from just a pub stunt.
    Exactly the guy went to the Vikings the next year and went to the Championship game. He wasn't finished yet.

Sure they made a splash but we all knew Pennington wasn't the guy...

Was Denver bringing in Manning a Publicity Stunt?