Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I completely exonerate Mike Tannebaum

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    totally agree. we are a losing franchise for over 43 yrs. until we get some new leadership on top, dont expect anything to change. SOJ forever.
    Sure, a troll who doesn't have the balls to post as a fan of the team he really roots for.

The biggest type of loser there is

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It amazes me how many bashers Woody has. The guy has been a great owner.

Plus, putting name players doesn't just mean butts in seats and jersey sales. It also means perception from everybody... including very human officiating. In the NBA, it is 20X's worse, but refs see stars and give them the benefit of the doubt over nobodies. It is a business as much as it is a sport. EVery little thing that can be done to improve your team should be done, and I see this franchise doing that. You may disagree on what players and what positions they are improving (or neglecting - RT is the most glaring one, we all agreed), but they are working at it.

We have NO idea how it'll work until the season (or two or three) progresses. To throw GMs, coaches, and owners under the bus at the start of a season with a talented core of players JUST because the team barely missed the playoffs after two straight Championship games and the offense went vanilla and struggled in the preseason is crazy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    This is freaking ridiculous. They got Favre for the same reason that Denver signed Manning. Both are 1st ballot HoF'ers who still have/had gas in the tank.

I guess if Aaron Rodgers suddenly decided that he wanted out of GB and was on the market, if Woody wanted to go after him, you'd say that it was all about publicity and whine about someone else getting mistreated.
    Each team's situation is hugely different than the next. The Jets had a relatively new HC in Mangini with a now HOF to be QB hanging over his head. What kind of position was that to put mangini in? Think he could have told Favre what to do? As far as Aaron Rogers goes, he's is in his prime. Totally two different things. Favre was close to washed up and had been rumors(that turned out true) that he was a cancer in many ways to his team. Manning? I think its a bad move but I see why denver made it. I think Denver took a chance because they have no other QB that they considered in their plans once their GM dumped Tim Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    That is a silly comment. Al Davis had done everything there is to do in football. There aren't too many football people that knew the game as well as him. He was a hall of famer . HE built one of the most successful franchises . Woody Johnson knows as much football as the average fan. Wow can't believe you would even make a statement like that. Unbelievable.
    You are 100% Correct and even at the end the only significant blunders Al made were his coaching Merry-Go-Round and the pick of that AWFUL QB!!!!

The defense and skill players are and were very very good!!

And Woody isn't even in the same breath as AL Davis even now that AL has passed away.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    1. Clemens got screwed by the JETS. They took him in the second round. High enough draft pick to surround him with enough help to develop. He played about half the season behind a god awful OLINE (sound familiar) and then immediately sat behind Favre once Woody fell in love. Much of the NFL is about timing. Right place, right time. Clemens never had a chance. Just because Clemens hasnt developed somewhere else doesnt necessarily mean he couldnt have with the JETS.

2. If not Kerley than any other Wr with potential that the JETS had (Turner?) or could have signed/picked up after cuts. I would have given an undrafted rookie/practice squad Wr a chance to develop before Plaxico Burress. We had no chance of our own "Victor Cruz" diamond in the rough because Plax was taking up a starting spot. Just a foolish signing.
    Copernicus, I respect your opinion, you often make good football points.

But, to suggest that Kellen Clemens would have somehow developed into a good quarterback had it not been for the signing of Brett Favre is absurd.

And, suggesting that Jeremy Kerley's development - or, better yet the development of some "mystery reciever" - was somehow held back by the signing of Plaxico Burress, is equally absurd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    Copernicus, I respect your opinion, you often make good football points.

But, to suggest that Kellen Clemens would have somehow developed into a good quarterback had it not been for the signing of Brett Favre is absurd.

And, suggesting that Jeremy Kerley's development - or, better yet the development of some "mystery reciever" - was somehow held back by the signing of Plaxico Burress, is equally absurd.
    Thanks BC. Not much of an argument on my side of both. Clemens has not developed into anything but barely a back up and Kerley is only in his second year. My point is that I'd rather go down with guys I've drafted like Clemens and Kerley/Turner/ PS player than selfish cancers like Favre and Plaxico. I think it sets the organization back further than if the team just stayed the course with players who were drafted by the team.

I am curious of your thoughts about why Favre did not impact on Clemens lack of development? Without Favre, Clemens is the starter, beefed up OLINE plus Keller, mangini can coach Clemens without any hesitation. I thought it was worth a shot
    Last edited by copernicus; 08-30-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks BC. Not much of an argument on my side of both. Clemens has not developed into anything but barely a back up and Kerley is only in his second year. My point is that I'd rather go down with guys I've drafted like Clemens and Kerley/Turner/ PS player than selfish cancers like Favre and Plaxico. I think it sets the organization back further than if the team just stayed the course with players who were drafted by the team.

I am curious of your thoughts about why Favre did not impact on Clemens lack of development? Without Favre, Clemens is the starter, beefed up OLINE plus Keller, mangini can coach Clemens without any hesitation. I thought it was worth a shot
    I never thought Clemens was an NFL quality QB to begin with. And history has proven that out. Brett Favre never took a meaningful snap away from Kelen Clemens, because Kellen Clemens never would have seen a meaningful snap. Not just with the Jets, with any team. Kellen Clemens was always more interested in ropin' dogies on daddy's ranch than he was throwin' touchdowns. He was never NFL material.

All the Favre move did was provide an early exit for Chad Pennington. And it gave us the best chance for a Superbowl at the time.

Yes, it failed. But it was a worthy chance. Almost worked.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    That is a silly comment. Al Davis had done everything there is to do in football. There aren't too many football people that knew the game as well as him. He was a hall of famer . HE built one of the most successful franchises . Woody Johnson knows as much football as the average fan. Wow can't believe you would even make a statement like that. Unbelievable.
    It was tongue in cheek and reflected the actions of Al Davis in the recent 10 years where he made some poor decisions. I know my history as well as the next fan and fully recognize what a monumental man Davis was from Brooklyn to LA back to Oakland.

My point was Woody is meddling and perhaps shouldn't. Hire a GM and let him do his job.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Each team's situation is hugely different than the next. The Jets had a relatively new HC in Mangini with a now HOF to be QB hanging over his head. What kind of position was that to put mangini in? Think he could have told Favre what to do? As far as Aaron Rogers goes, he's is in his prime. Totally two different things. Favre was close to washed up and had been rumors(that turned out true) that he was a cancer in many ways to his team. Manning? I think its a bad move but I see why denver made it. I think Denver took a chance because they have no other QB that they considered in their plans once their GM dumped Tim Tebow.
    Gee, I don't know. Name me the head coach and drop a 1st ballot HoF'er in, who still has years on his arm and I'd frakking ecstatic about it. I'd be like John Fox salivating over Manning.

Oh, Favre was washed up, huh ? That's why he tool Minnesota as far as he did the next freaking season ? You might want to rethink that statement.

It would be different if the Jets had a healthy 4 year starter with high upside already under center. They didn't. They didn't have a #1 or #2 pick like Luck or RG3 sitting there waiting either. Your overall position here is complete nonsense.
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 08-30-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish Woody would have bashed the newly acquired player of the team he owns like a good owner. Then there would be no story.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet there are starting RBs in the league who if given the chance would play QB better than Tebow... He is a horrible QB!!!!! End of discussion!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    To all these people with these conspuracy theories: Get a life!

Talk about stupid sh*t. Tanny and Rex make football decisions about the team NOT Woody Johnson. He hired professionals to run the team and that is exactly what he plans on doing.

Adding Tim Tebow isn't some dumb crap about marketing. It's about making the NYJ a better football team, pure and simple.

The offense missed having Brad Smith around immensely last season. He was a huge cog in our offense and Special Teams. You saw noth units slip after he left. Adding Tebow gives us everything Brad Smith used to do in the wildcat and probably more. They are different players and the CS needs to adapt to the things those two players do well. They need to design plays around a players abilities. That's what great CS's do. But make no mistake about it, TIM TEBOW makes this team much better on offense and Special Teams. He will become a huge factor in what I would like to call "Supplemental Offense".

You dimwits need to stop pissing and moaning and embrace Tim Tebow. Because do you really think the Jets management is going to listen to you?!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    To all these people with these conspuracy theories: Get a life!

Talk about stupid sh*t. Tanny and Rex make football decisions about the team NOT Woody Johnson. He hired professionals to run the team and that is exactly what he plans on doing.

Adding Tim Tebow isn't some dumb crap about marketing. It's about making the NYJ a better football team, pure and simple.

The offense missed having Brad Smith around immensely last season. He was a huge cog in our offense and Special Teams. You saw noth units slip after he left. Adding Tebow gives us everything Brad Smith used to do in the wildcat and probably more. They are different players and the CS needs to adapt to the things those two players do well. They need to design plays around a players abilities. That's what great CS's do. But make no mistake about it, TIM TEBOW makes this team much better on offense and Special Teams. He will become a huge factor in what I would like to call "Supplemental Offense".

You dimwits need to stop pissing and moaning and embrace Tim Tebow. Because do you really think the Jets management is going to listen to you?!

Do you understand that the world does not revolve around you and your do whatever it takes, ruin as many people's lives, so long as you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way, just so long so you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied and dying along the way?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there anything about the team you diks like? Quit blubbering

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Do you understand that the world does not revolve around you and your do whatever it takes, ruin as many people's lives, so long as you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way, just so long so you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied and dying along the way?
    I don't need to be an investigative journalist to know the Jets CS doesn't give a sh*t what Conkboy thinks. That's called common sense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I'd trade this horrible owner for the letcherous Bob Kraft in a heartbeat.
    Wow hearing this from Dcat is a shock. Of course I agree with him 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    FYI

Woody didn't own the team when BB fled
    Woody was not officially the owner but a deal with the estate of Hess was already set.