Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58

Thread: Bruce Irvin

  1. #41
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    That was reported by multiple sources that the Jets were not taking Irvin at 16. The Jets were interested in Irvin in a TRADE BACK scenario as they were entertaining offers. In fact, that was why there was a delay in handing the up the Coples pick. Throughout the time Seattle was on the clock, the Jets were in trade discussions with a couple of teams about trading back. They're board shaped out a certain way for that scenario, but when Irvin was taken by Seattle, the Jets feared that the 3 guys that they would target in a tradeback scenario (Irvin being one of them) would not be there. That's why they took Coples.
    Multiple sources indicate he was gonna be chosen. That's the point. Not one person on here knows what was going to happen and we will never know.

  2. #42
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to clear things up, the Jets had legit interest in Irvin.

    The Jets had an agreement in place with Pittsburgh. The Steelers were going to trade up to draft David Decastro and the Jets would move down to 24 and draft either Coples or Irvin (really Irvin, because they weren't expecting Coples to make it to 16). But when Seattle drafted Irvin and they realized Coples was still available, they backed out of the deal to draft Coples at 16.

  3. #43
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im absolutely in love with the Coples pick thus far. Just hope the kid plays in the regular season the way he does now. As far as I'm concerned........ Irvin who???

  4. #44
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Just to clear things up, the Jets had legit interest in Irvin.

    The Jets had an agreement in place with Pittsburgh. The Steelers were going to trade up to draft David Decastro and the Jets would move down to 24 and draft either Coples or Irvin (really Irvin, because they weren't expecting Coples to make it to 16). But when Seattle drafted Irvin and they realized Coples was still available, they backed out of the deal to draft Coples at 16.
    I don't care what a report says which may or may not be true, I have a hard time believing Rex would have wanted Irvin with Maybin on the roster. Rex has always had bigger OLBs that can contain the outside. Maybin could barely get any playing time last season and was cut, despite his good pass rushing stats.

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,887
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I don't care what a report says which may or may not be true, I have a hard time believing Rex would have wanted Irvin with Maybin on the roster. Rex has always had bigger OLBs that can contain the outside. Maybin could barely get any playing time last season and was cut, despite his good pass rushing stats.
    maybin has an amazing first step, but irvin's speed is truly elite. you really don't find faster OLB's than him

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Im absolutely in love with the Coples pick thus far. Just hope the kid plays in the regular season the way he does now. As far as I'm concerned........ Irvin who???
    I agree. Coples was the pick.

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I agree. Coples was the pick.
    Might just get this kids jersey.

  8. #48
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,816
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Might just get this kids jersey.
    He's gon' be a name.

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,020
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    He's gon' be a name.
    A QB is just a Coples of hits away...from landing in San Quinton...doing rehab time...mending various body parts

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,816
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    A QB is just a Coples of hits away...from landing in San Quinton...doing rehab time...mending various body parts

  11. #51
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    A QB is just a Coples of hits away...from landing in San Quinton...doing rehab time...mending various body parts
    very good

  12. #52
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    Is Chandler Jones actually doing great? or is everyone giving him good grades cuz hes on the Pats?
    sounds like your right on the money with that 3 games 4 tackles one sack typical pats hype ie brandon meriweather (stinks) laurence marroney (done) devin mccourty 9couldnt even cover plax ) ...nate solder (cant block veron gloston )
    if tannie had this list of 1st round fails imagine what they would be saying about him

  13. #53
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    sounds like your right on the money with that 3 games 4 tackles one sack typical pats hype ie brandon meriweather (stinks) laurence marroney (done) devin mccourty 9couldnt even cover plax ) ...nate solder (cant block veron gloston )
    if tannie had this list of 1st round fails imagine what they would be saying about him
    If Tannie averaged 12 wins a season for 11 years, and made 5 trips to the Super Bowl, winning 3, I imagine he's get a whole lot of leeway.

  14. #54
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    If Tannie averaged 12 wins a season for 11 years, and made 5 trips to the Super Bowl, winning 3, I imagine he's get a whole lot of leeway.
    Nah, he'd probably be getting bashed for not winning a superbowl yet...because it's new york...it's the jets.

  15. #55
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    sounds like your right on the money with that 3 games 4 tackles one sack typical pats hype ie brandon meriweather (stinks) laurence marroney (done) devin mccourty 9couldnt even cover plax ) ...nate solder (cant block veron gloston )
    if tannie had this list of 1st round fails imagine what they would be saying about him
    What sucks about them whiffing on all those 1st rounders, is that they hit a grand slam in the 7th round. That pick right there gives them a good 7-10 year pass on drafting ****ty personel. At least that's what those retarded pats trolls will say.

  16. #56
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chandler Jones plays a way more flashier position than DE in the 3-4. As a 3-4 OLB your moving around the line, standing up and a lot of times getting a good running start at the QB. Even if you don't get to the QB it makes it look as if you did a lot. Not to say Jones is not a good player. By all indications he will be a good starter in this league but everyone saying Jones and Ingrim is doing great! is way overrating them based on their position.
    Last edited by Rex Ryan; 08-31-2012 at 04:30 PM.

  17. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Preseason doesn't mean much but 4.5 sacks in 4 games is a pretty good start.
    Well it really depends on when that player got his four sacks. Were they against first stringers . Second stringers? Or Third and fourth stringers?

    If that person beating first stringers that's a big deal. Not so if he getting them against second and third/ Fourth stringers because those guys aren't going to be the one he lining up on Sunday's.

  18. #58
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    What sucks about them whiffing on all those 1st rounders, is that they hit a walk off grand slam, in game 7 of the world series in the 7th round. That pick right there gives them a good 7-10 year pass on drafting ****ty personel. At least that's what those retarded pats trolls will say.
    corrected

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us