Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ron Rivera - Dirty reputation?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    I didn't say it was ok. I just don't see why they want to play dirty in a meaningless preseason game. Maybe it seem that way because the Jets were running a vanilla offense?
    LOL. I don't think the Jets vanilla offense had anything to do with Carolina's dirty play. And yes, I think they crossed the line. And adding insult to injury, none of the plays were flagged.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It was the kind of play that happens all the time in football. Hard? Yes. Boarder line? I don't know, hard to say it was dirty. There has to be intent for it to be dirty.

If he wasn't hurt no one would have made a single comment on the hit.

If he wasn't a favorite here no one would have said much.

When the owners and the commish try to rid the NFL of meaningless injuries like this we get thread after thread about the pussification of the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    It was the kind of play that happens all the time in football. Hard? Yes. Boarder line? I don't know, hard to say it was dirty. There has to be intent for it to be dirty.

If he wasn't hurt no one would have made a single comment on the hit.

If he wasn't a favorite here no one would have said much.

When the owners and the commish try to rid the NFL of meaningless injuries like this we get thread after thread about the pussification of the NFL.
    That's why I mentioned #24's attempt to take Sanchez' head off later on as evidence that he had intent and was out there to hurt someone.

I've never heard of Rivera's teams playing dirty. The Buddy Ryan roots don't really mean much here because Rivera has stated before that he didn't like playing for Ryan.

Of course, I always thought McDermott's defenses with the Eagles were a little cheap-shot prone.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    interesting Jordy...didn't Sanchez also have his face "mushed in the dirt" after sliding on a scramble? I thought the QB was untouchable after he gives himself up?
    Didn't Wilkerson elbow Cam Newton when he was on the ground? I believe these type of actions occur quiet often and are ignored by the referees.

I also believe the incident which caused Baker's season should be evaluated by the commish and the player should be fined.

Veteran
    That pick in the endzone that almost knocked Bush out was fine worthy, no need for that crap in pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Blitz View Post
    That pick in the endzone that almost knocked Bush out was fine worthy, no need for that crap in pre-season.
    What? Who?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    What? Who?
    Josh Bush. He was in coverage and a WR or TE came across and layed him out flat while the ball was in flight. He stumbled as he got up.