Thread: Is Matt Simms an Auto-Cut ??

Is Matt Simms an Auto-Cut ??

I really like the way he throws the ball ... at least from the little I saw during two days @ TC this year. Does he have any shot at beating out MacElroy ?

All League
    No, his best shot is to be placed on the practice squad and develop for a year

Jets Insider VIP
    Tonight will probably play a big role in simms future. If he plays well, there could be a spot on the practice squad for him. if he flops, he might just get cut.

I think he gets cut and we bring him back again next year. I do not think the jets are worried that another team is going to take him.

when Tebow is listed as a running back on the Jets roster to start the season, the team will carry three QB's: Sanchez Mac and Simms

you heard it here first.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tonight will probably play a big role in simms future. If he plays well, there could be a spot on the practice squad for him. if he flops, he might just get cut.

I think he gets cut and we bring him back again next year. I do not think the jets are worried that another team is going to take him.
    If they want to stash him on the practice squad, they need to limit his playing time tonight.

This dude has a good arm. Wish there were some way to retain him and continue his development.

Veteran
    I think he got the try out as a favor but he has made it through TC on his own so who knows. If he goes on PS it would be a major success for him considering his collegiate career.