Thread: Woody Johnson: Never too much Tebow

Woody Johnson: Never too much Tebow

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ises-tim-tebow

" I think you can never have too much Tebow."

- Jets owner Woody Johnson, gives a not-so-subtle hint to Rex Ryan.

It's a good thing Woody Johnson isn't calling the plays on offense. His "publicity stunt," as Joe Namath puts it -- Tim Tebow -- would get the ball a whole lot.

The Jets' owner, in an appearance on CNBC from the Republican National Convention on Wednesday night in Tampa, was questioned about his team's offensive struggles in the preseason. Asked if he'd like to see "more Tebow or less Tebow," Johnson said: "I think you can never have too much Tebow."

Johnson went on to say: "But I think it's more than just that. It's getting all the players the offensive line and everything coordinated so you can establish a good running attack and also have our receivers healthy and ready to participate and contribute to the effort. It's a lot of timing and teamwork that we need."

It has been a major struggle for the Jets, who are the first team in 35 years not to score a touchdown in three preseason games. New York has had 35 possessions without reaching the end zone heading into Thursday's preseason finale against Philadelphia.

A few weeks ago in Cortland, Johnson said he was surprised by the "enormity" of the Tebow coverage. That's hard to believe, considering he allowed ESPN to camp out in Cortland. Meanwhile, Namath continues to bash his former team, once again questioning the motivation behind the Tebow trade.

"I'm concerned with how the Jets are trying to build a team and win a championship," Namath said Wednesday on Sirius XM Radio. "They seem more interested in the headlines."

Banned
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=247045

This needed to be brought up again......

Yay! Soundbytes!

Ooops, scanned the board quickly but didnt realize this was posted. My apology. lock

joe namath can knock the team anytime he wants, hes the only player to bring a SB to this losing franchise. i like it that he tells it like it is. hes not a homer.

Duh????

"The Jets' owner, in an appearance on CNBC from the Republican National Convention"

How bright can he be? Rich yes, that is normal for a republican, and so is stupid. He has to follow the party line and Tebow though right???
    Last edited by marano; 08-30-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Never too much Tebow...

Urban said the same thing. We got an owner named Woody Johnson who owns a company that makes sex lube...and he is is a Republican....you do the math.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by marano View Post
    "The Jets' owner, in an appearance on CNBC from the Republican National Convention"

How bright can he be? Rich yes, that is normal for a republican, and so is stupid. He has to follow the party line and Tebow though right???
    Instalock

typical

1st amendment be dammed, am I in free speech zone or what?

Political Threads belong in the Politics Forum Copernicus and Co. You all know that.

We know you hate the Owner and Tebow because they (R), but keep that **** where it belongs. I.e. Politics Forum or one of the 1,000,000 other Tebow Threads.

1st amendment be dammed, am I in free speech zone or what?
    Nope, you're on a private forum owned by someone who has the right to see fit to what he wants or doesn't want discussed on his forums. He did at least give members an option to post political thoughts in a political forum, but most would really rather not mix politics with their sports.

Urban said the same thing. We got an owner named Woody Johnson who owns a company that makes sex lube...and he is is a Republican....you do the math.
    LOL...you actually thing Woody Johnson owns Johnson & Johnson?

What a stupid **** you are.

Marano, let's start an Occupy NYJ movement. Teblow has GOT to go!!! Idc how we get rid of him but that will be the next best thing to winning a Super Bowl, the day that Tim Tebum is no longer a Jet.

Obama is a Tebow supporter.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    LOL...you actually thing Woody Johnson owns Johnson & Johnson?

What a stupid **** you are.
    Typical Obama supporter.

Woody's family founded and owns Johnson & Johnson but Woody has nothing to do with it. The family has never let him touch the crown jewel of a company. Instead, he owns a private investment company funded by the silver spoon thrust in his mouth at an early age. His main income now comes from the Jets so it's no wonder he loves Tebow and all the press attention he brings.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Woody's family founded and owns Johnson & Johnson but Woody has nothing to do with it. The family has never let him touch the crown jewel of a company. Instead, he owns a private investment company funded by the silver spoon thrust in his mouth at an early age. His main income now comes from the Jets so it's no wonder he loves Tebow and all the press attention he brings.
    No gratis lube for the woodster?