Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 141

Thread: So what are you *****es doing for Labor Day Weekend, *****es?

  1. #61
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    No way man...too long and plodding for my tastes....
    you may have attention disorder

    although I've passed out to all of those many times

  2. #62
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,231
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    It's D/C/G harmonically; The notes are a major scale from D/C/G...hmmmm this won't be easy
    Got it.....YouTube is Kool I was doing it wrong all along. the hammering can be tricky.

    I learned to play Michelle a few weeks ago. Thanks.

  3. #63
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am working all weekend. Not complaining, it's just part of the deal.

    Took my older son to college today and my wife and younger son are heading out to the Hamptons. So I will have the house all to myself... something that almost never happens. So after work, I plan to come home to my empty house, grill up some burgers, put on some kick ass tunes and crank 'em up to 11. Then I'll have a few drinks as I sit back and enjoy the music.

  4. #64
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I am working all weekend. Not complaining, it's just part of the deal.

    Took my older son to college today and my wife and younger son are heading out to the Hamptons. So I will have the house all to myself... something that almost never happens. So after work, I plan to come home to my empty house, grill up some burgers, put on some kick ass tunes and crank 'em up to 11. Then I'll have a few drinks as I sit back and enjoy the music.
    My wife is mad at me...again. Cant I just come to your house for the weekend?



  5. #65
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    My wife is mad at me...again.


    do they still have charm schools? you need one bad

  6. #66
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    10,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    My wife is mad at me...again. Cant I just come to your house for the weekend?


    Get a room, fun boys.

  7. #67
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    My wife is mad at me...again. Cant I just come to your house for the weekend?


    Would you be bringing four 4s or two 8s along with you?

    Need to know so I can have enough food.

  8. #68
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    29,508
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    My wife is mad at me...again. Cant I just come to your house for the weekend?


    Seconded...let's all pile into Cro's car and go and pee in Stokes pool

  9. #69
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I am working all weekend. Not complaining, it's just part of the deal.

    Took my older son to college today and my wife and younger son are heading out to the Hamptons. So I will have the house all to myself... something that almost never happens. So after work, I plan to come home to my empty house, grill up some burgers, put on some kick ass tunes and crank 'em up to 11. Then I'll have a few drinks as I sit back and enjoy the music pantless as I fap.
    fixed.

  10. #70
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    fixed.
    I assumed that was implied.

  11. #71
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Seconded...let's all pile into Cro's car and go and pee in Stokes pool
    Pee?

    Oops... my bad.


  12. #72
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    10,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Pee?

    Oops... my bad.

    lol

  13. #73
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Got it.....YouTube is Kool I was doing it wrong all along. the hammering can be tricky.

    I learned to play Michelle a few weeks ago. Thanks.
    You got it; Michelle is a more elaborate piece than NW. I have guitars PA the works - you shoulda called Musicians passing through have to come over and throw down.

    -realgimp-


    no

  14. #74
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    old takamine with solid spruce top.

    With the acoustic:

    Norwegian Wood
    And Your Bird Can Sing (but you don't...get...meeee)
    Across the Universe
    Happiness is a Warm Gun
    Kashmir
    The Ocean
    Nobody's Fault But Mine
    Ten Years Gone
    The Rover into Living Loving Maid
    Heart of Gold
    Old Man
    I Feel Fine
    Boys Are Back In Town
    Fingerprint File
    Hand of Fate
    Wild Horses
    Dead Flowers
    Lets Spend the NIght together
    Everyday I write the book (Elvis)


    G TUNING
    All Down the Line
    Honky Tonk Wimmens
    In My Time of Dying
    Can't you Hear Me Knocking
    *


    So What
    Four On Six
    Solar
    Half Nelson
    Freddie Freeloader
    Equinox
    Mr. PC
    Speak No Evil
    Lazy Bird
    Moment's Notice
    This, I need to hear. LOL. That's a kick a$$ arrangement for the acoustic, WCO. Kudos.

    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Didn't mean to put you on the spot. The C is a whole step down from the 5th (D); making it the 4th in a G tuning. Swapping the 3rd for a 4th = Sus chord; which means you are likely right on.

    Related: Page was saying he got his alt tunings from bands like Pentangle (Bert Jansch) and Fairport Convention (Sandy Denny, who is on "The Battle of Evermore" I believe). Never either of these bands; Page swore by them. You hear of 'em?
    Every Zep fan should search them out. As WCO mentioned, you will hear many aspects Page adopted for Zeppelin.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbnLVvAJrec

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vl-gMo1NY0

  15. #75
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    old takamine with solid spruce top.

    With the acoustic:

    Norwegian Wood
    And Your Bird Can Sing (but you don't...get...meeee)
    Across the Universe
    Happiness is a Warm Gun
    Kashmir
    The Ocean
    Nobody's Fault But Mine
    Ten Years Gone
    The Rover into Living Loving Maid
    Heart of Gold
    Old Man
    I Feel Fine
    Boys Are Back In Town
    Fingerprint File
    Hand of Fate
    Wild Horses
    Dead Flowers
    Lets Spend the NIght together
    Everyday I write the book (Elvis)


    G TUNING
    All Down the Line
    Honky Tonk Wimmens
    In My Time of Dying
    Can't you Hear Me Knocking
    *


    So What
    Four On Six
    Solar
    Half Nelson
    Freddie Freeloader
    Equinox
    Mr. PC
    Speak No Evil
    Lazy Bird
    Moment's Notice
    no southern rock?

    I'm outraged



    please add: Can't You See, Ballad of Curtis Lowe, Melissa, Come and go Blues, Simple Man, See You Later, I'm Gone, In mY own Way, This ole Cowboy, Hurry Sundown...and assorted other tunes of your youth
    Last edited by jetswin; 08-31-2012 at 09:44 AM.

  16. #76
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    no southern rock?

    I'm outraged



    please add: Can't You See, Ballad of Curtis Lowe, Melissa, Come and go Blues, Simple Man, See You Later, I'm Gone, In mY own Way, This ole Cowboy, Hurry Sundown...and assorted other tunes of your youth
    Melissa
    Elizabeth Reed
    Jessica
    Cher (ha - gotcha)
    Trouble No More
    WHIPPING POST
    Southsidebound
    One Way Out

    This Ol Cowboy
    24 Hours
    Can't You See

    Green Gas and FIsh Farts
    freestaters in The Sky
    Already Gone (Online to the Hampur)
    Another Pfailstrip Sunrise (Can't Believe My Mod Eyes)
    Banned; On The Run
    Sack O' Dancin
    Green & White Skrilledge
    I Am The Egg Warrior

  17. #77
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ain't My Cross to Bear

    _

  18. #78
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Ain't My Cross to Bear

    _
    Nice; you are a good sport there.

  19. #79
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Melissa
    Elizabeth Reed
    Jessica
    Cher (ha - gotcha)
    Trouble No More
    WHIPPING POST
    Southsidebound
    One Way Out

    This Ol Cowboy
    24 Hours
    Can't You See

    Green Gas and FIsh Farts
    freestaters in The Sky
    Already Gone (Online to the Hampur)
    Another Pfailstrip Sunrise (Can't Believe My Mod Eyes)
    Banned; On The Run
    Sack O' Dancin
    Green & White Skrilledge
    I Am The Egg Warrior
    sweet...please mail me the CD


    lol Banned on the Run

  20. #80
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Nice; you are a good sport there.
    But never having been on the pot, I don't think I've ever fully appreciated the song.



    _

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us